Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
It seems for me that they will only do a token effort with the free DLC, they will just fix the worse bugs and fix some embarassing stuff like the police system and console performance, hype for the paid DLC on 2021 and go straight to Cyberpunk online. No way they gonna delay Cyberpunk online for even a single month for the singleplayer version benefit. People should keep in mind that on contrary to disasters like Anthem, Avengers and etc, Cyberbug actually sold well and there will be no shortage of fanboys defending the game once the worse shit is fixed and the paid DLC are released. Why would CDPR go the extra mile to overhaul the basic single player version if they will soon have an army of sycophants ready to play the online version?

ADL

Prophet
Honestly I enjoyed the game and don't think they "need" a No Man's Sky-style overhaul to redeem it and repair their reputation, at least among PC players who are still their bread and butter. 2077 on consoles is about as bad as Skyrim was on the 360/PS3 and consolecucks still jizz their pants over that game. That being said, a lot of the work they'll have to do for Cyberpunk Online will have to be done for 2077 so I'm expecting the more systemic stuff to be patched in over time.

Also I'm under the impression the 2077 team will be split between Online's production and The Witcher 4's pre-production as currently the online team is quite small.

Danikas

Arcane

if you try to knock-out these black-ops guys their heads explode.

P7vZ3hq.png

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
If the big fixes and implementation of the "original 2018 plan" in the supposed leak don't touch the general gameplay and charactersystem dynamics, the game won't get better, just heavier.

Danikas

Arcane
Then we have this creepy shit in garry quest.

The same track that is used in Peralez quest is used here.

The shard you find in this quest goes like this:
"Phosphor radiates, occluding jaded eyes, Come titan. Outward ring avian choruses, looping eternity. Cages of men melt as night descends. Emerge Xelhua, Erect Cholula under these expanses. Puppets lie awake, Never sleeping."

Seems it's a Null cipher. 1st letter of every word...

"Project Oracle Command Execute Plans"

The corpo chick in this meeting uses the phrase carpe noctem that's the name of project that Sandra dorsett uncovered:
index.php

Last edited:

alyvain

Learned
I like conspiracies, but if it is not Militech, then I am afraid of the upcoming ridiculousness of this questline in DLCs and such.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
I just read ”an explanation of another rumoured leak” (yeah, I know what that sounds like) where the main plot was originally about investigating the increasing amount of cyberpsychosis cases in the city... and that the Johnny thing came about later.

It’s a rumour of a rumour, and possibly bullshit, but that would’ve been so much better than the shit that’s there, that it kinda makes me a bit sad for the game.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yo. I looked up a way to avoid falling damage regardless of the height. Just make sure you're sliding while falling. Crouch while sprinting when you're about to fall off a ledge. You'll continue sliding and even slide a fair distance on the ground. It's one of the cases where a bug is a good thing.

I just read ”an explanation of another rumoured leak” (yeah, I know what that sounds like) where the main plot was originally about investigating the increasing amount of cyberpsychosis cases in the city... and that the Johnny thing came about later.

It’s a rumour of a rumour, and possibly bullshit, but that would’ve been so much better than the shit that’s there, that it kinda makes me a bit sad for the game.

That Johnny's stuff isn't that bad in itself, but they messed up Alt Cunningham acting like that god of death in the MOTB ending. They ought've integrated it better with the story, and made more relevant side quest chains, made Rogue more relevant and so on. Alas.

KK1001

Arbiter
The actual game systems are bad: sneaking is too easy and never gets harder; hacking quickly becomes too broken; and shooting is far too effective for characters who aren't shooty (melee body, pure hackers, stealth). They really have a lot to change and it just won't happen.

Turjan

Arcane
Yo. I looked up a way to avoid falling damage regardless of the height. Just make sure you're sliding while falling. Crouch while sprinting when you're about to fall off a ledge. You'll continue sliding and even slide a fair distance on the ground. It's one of the cases where a bug is a good thing.
That was the only way I managed to jump off the roof of Konpeki Plaza when I visited that one in Act 2. You can even steer while sliding, which means I could reach the water even with course correction.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Then we have this creepy shit in garry quest.

The corpo chick in this meeting uses the phrase carpe noctem that's the name of project that Sandra dorsett uncovered:
index.php

Amusingly the call and response with the Maelstrom gang member is from a German musical, Dance of the Vampires. It's part of the Latin refrains in the chorus of the song Carpe Noctem.

Turjan

Arcane
If the big fixes and implementation of the "original 2018 plan" in the supposed leak don't touch the general gameplay and charactersystem dynamics, the game won't get better, just heavier.
Going on to the multiplayer game, they would have to concentrate on the GTA-like elements. I don't expect them to overhaul the complete character system, unless it's about rebalancing and fixing the broken elements.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I've talked with Gabe and he agreed to offer you an 85% discount on Steam (but only until the 5th of january). GOG agreed as well.

Now talk with Putin&Co, cause they restricted mobile payments for steam. I can't buy anything with my mobile phone, I need to use card, which I want to avoid.
This shit happened 4 days ago.

Perkel

Arcane
Holy shit Ethereum going bonkers again. I still have about 2ETH on my account. So did i just get 3090 for nothing ? I guess it is time to test that RTX shit in cyberpunk

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
I don't expect them to overhaul the complete character system, unless it's about rebalancing and fixing the broken elements.

It’d be pretty unrealistic to expect that they would, which is the reason the game won’t be getting any better than what it is, what ever that might mean to anyone personally.

Gargaune

Magister
That's my take on it as well. Even if we assume that leak's remotely genuine, a big assumption in and of itself, Cyberpunk's foremost drawbacks don't stem from a lack of content, there's plenty as-is, but from its poorly designed systems. More, better polished content will incrementally make the game better, but it won't magically turn it into a great one. And, outside of some balance work here and there, maybe a spitshine on the AI, I don't expect CDPR to undertake any significant gameplay changes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Went from Cyberpunk to Shadowrun Dragonfall and it's amazing what extremely good writing can do for a setting compared to mediocre writing, even when "presentation" is much less technologically impressive.

DemonKing

Arcane
Only played up to where you "meet" Johnny Silverhands so far. Really enjoying the story and like stuff like the Braindance system. Graphics, atmosphere, music and sound are nice too.

Gameplay is "meh" though (although Witcher 3 was also pretty average in that respect). I'm on PC but this was definitely designed with consoles in mind first and foremost with stuff like the main interaction key being unmappable without a hack. Had a few glitches but nothing gamebreaking so far.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
We won't be seeing any major updates and reworks for at least 6 month, probably longer, so the issue is irrelevant for now.

They shot themselves in the foot anyway because the game is built in such a way that replaying it is incredibly tedious.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They shot themselves in the foot anyway because the game is built in such a way that replaying it is incredibly tedious.

I'm planning to do a new character in a year or so when all DLC and important patches are out, but yeah it does sound rather tedious because the actual gameplay missions are mostly a grind lacking much narrative motivation. However I also think you don't need to do all of it, or anywhere near all of it, and I regret doing as much as I did my first go. So perhaps playing it more to the point will be a better experience. Who knows. It's a shame as I do think that core gameplay... the sneaking and espionage type approach anyway... is solid. The game is just designed as if there was some kind of internal memo demanding it be the checklist busywork game to end all checklist busywork games.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Looks like either true or some fanboy extreame amount of copium. I also noticed mistake as minor gang wars and events are in game despite post claiming there are none:

SUPPOSEDDEVELOPERINCDPR said:
Miles wrote a sidequest where a Max Tac officer offed himself and you could take its place but it created such a complex detour from everything tonally that it got cut as well. I hope it comes back, because it felt amazing to get into their headquarters and hack s***. You'd see the police trying to operate and breaking down mid-arrest due to your shenanigans.

I missed this part. Miles Tost is a level designer. The fuck has he got to do with writing quests?

Leak is bullshit

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You didn't think it was bullshit when it said "ALL the bugs will be fixed after the next two patches!"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom