Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey AwesomeButton I found this

Steam version with 1.05 patch installed.
I never asked you - is this the animated or static version of the ad? I've never seen a static version of the ad with tits visible, only in the moment before the logo letters drop in front.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Some of the cuts in the content must have happened pretty late in the development, as even some screenshots in the official game guide does not seem to match the locations found in game (not to mention that the cover depicts V sitting in a subway wagon). The game also contains some artwork and graphics I don't recall seeing in the game, like a billboard with a four titties woman:

Who cares about gameplay, I want to play as a trans with four tits! FOUR tits!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Coincidentally, I just recently watched a cycle of adverts for that on a billboard - the barbed wire tits, the d20 tits, the 4 tits, the lips tits and a few others. So the esteemed assembly can rest at east - that's all present and correct :D

Yoomazir

Educated
They censored a bunch of ads and possibly other stuff in the game shortly after release. There was discussion on official forum about it. No idea why, maybe the release was such a cluster fuck they didnt want to have anything else that a hate mob could attack them over.
it's americans fault
Eh, or just like american companies, it could be CDPR is trying to get into that juicy CHINA market.
After all, they did remove a indie game from GoG around the release of CP2077, all because of a hidden Winny the Poo picture (which was actually removed before going to the store). And you know how CHINA gov reacts to nudity: very badly.

Robber Baron

Savant
According to a thread on nexus, Judy male romance option is fully voiced and can be enabled with a console command

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9379828-mod-request-judy-romance-for-male-v/page-8

i actually tried this with the console command, i used the command before starting the pyramid song quest with male v. it works really well, some things i noticed.

- male v has full voiced dialog, intimate, sex animations.

- judy's lines refer player as V so all her lines flows well as it seem intended, she only mention V by "girl" once, i forgot the lines it was something like "you go girl!" other than that everything seems normal.

- very minor hand clipping during sex scene, probably due to male v arms/hands are bigger than female v.

- (spoiler) male v has voice dialog after romancing judy, plays animation to received apartment. after going to apartment theres full voiced dialog and animation with judy as your girlfriend. i havent done a female playthru but i read online only female v gets the judy's apartment, so i assume cdprojectred intended judy to be Bi-sexual.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Some of the cuts in the content must have happened pretty late in the development, as even some screenshots in the official game guide does not seem to match the locations found in game (not to mention that the cover depicts V sitting in a subway wagon). The game also contains some artwork and graphics I don't recall seeing in the game, like a billboard with a four titties woman:

Who cares about gameplay, I want to play as a trans with four tits! FOUR tits!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Coincidentally, I just recently watched a cycle of adverts for that on a billboard - the barbed wire tits, the d20 tits, the 4 tits, the lips tits and a few others. So the esteemed assembly can rest at east - that's all present and correct :D
I never rest at West....manor.

orcinator

Liturgist
I wonder whether a good rule of game design is "if the game would be stupid if the AI used the same abilities of the player, the game mechanics need work".

Obviously not since most SP games are asymmetrical, shmups would suck if the enemy was able to use the same bombs the player has, cyberpunk wouldn't be better if more enemies could 1 shot the player through walls.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Given the red laser of doom I don't think they exploit the 'I don't need to popamole and can just completely hide behind cover and shoot you'. Tech weapon penetration/penetration definitely needs a rebalance - as far as I can tell tech weapons have ~ infinite penetration (they can't shoot through hills I think, but seem to do any amount of objects). Combined with aforementioned AI weakness, it seems tech builds can just ping everyone then start blasting red silhouettes behind n obstacles/walls/floors/etc.

Yeah, can't believe someone thought that infinite penetration was a good idea. I mean sure, fire trough one layer of cover/wall, MAYBE one floor/ceiling. But headshot helpless enemies trough 3 floors and several walls? WTF?

Also both Ping and "reveal enemies detecting you" perk are too strong. Ping should have limitations (enemies actively connected to the subnet?) + general location indicators shouldn't make headshots easy (make them 2D "Flags" perhaps?) and the perk probably shouldn't work trough walls/cover and only work for enemies getting Line of Sight with you.

Robber Baron

Savant
Yeah, can't believe someone thought that infinite penetration was a good idea. I mean sure, fire trough one layer of cover/wall, MAYBE one floor/ceiling. But headshot helpless enemies trough 3 floors and several walls? WTF?

What if we just shoot Mikoshi with Nekomata?

70f4fa5d24fa66c4e32a3428c35528ec0e8000b0.jpg

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I wonder whether a good rule of game design is "if the game would be stupid if the AI used the same abilities of the player, the game mechanics need work".

Obviously not since most SP games are asymmetrical, shmups would suck if the enemy was able to use the same bombs the player has, cyberpunk wouldn't be better if more enemies could 1 shot the player through walls.

In one MMO I once played, can't remember which, there was an amusing thread on the forums about complaints from mobs re. "this player power is OP, nerf pl0x"

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

You'd run out of ammo as the limit is 100 sniper rounds. For Mikoshi you need Grad. Or RT-46.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

You'd run out of ammo as the limit is 100 sniper rounds. For Mikoshi you need Grad. Or RT-46.

Actually Nekomata damage, fully charged, is comparable with Grad. Listed stats are misleading.
Also you can fire its 4 rounds much faster (with no/little charge) then Grad's 4 rounds. So its really neat when you miss your shot.
But Grad appears to penetrate cover also. I've yet to test if it shoots trough multiple walls/floors as well. On the other hand, when you fully charge Nekomata, it tends to wobble quite a bit, Grad doesn't have this issue.
Also Grad is obviously the only Sniper Rifle with a partially silenced variant.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Actually Nekomata damage, fully charged, is comparable with Grad. Listed stats are misleading.
Also you can fire its 4 rounds much faster (with no/little charge) then Grad's 4 rounds. So its really neat when you miss your shot.
But Grad appears to penetrate cover also. I've yet to test if it shoots trough multiple walls/floors as well. On the other hand, when you fully charge Nekomata, it tends to wobble quite a bit, Grad doesn't have this issue.
Also Grad is obviously the only Sniper Rifle with a partially silenced variant.

The thing with Grad is that you can barely peek over cover (say, sitting on a roof of an adjacent building), score a headshot, then move backward into the cover. Precision rifles and ARs are more for protracted engagements. The nice thing is also shooting through multiple enemies (I guess Nekomata does it as well). Works for at least the opening shot.

The tech-ignores-armor bonus looks big, but I dunno about the actual formula. Interestingly enough, RT-46 is a tech weapon.

Myobi

Liturgist
Kek look at them fallout 76 players still bitching about how much other video games suck :D Its like they finally stumbled upon some fucking standards.

Perkel

Arcane
I keep seeing these clips from this garbage and i can't stop wondering how the fuck they managed to make it run like shit? It takes real skill to make something that looks so 2016 demand a 3K dollar Desktop PC to run properly.

The problem is that you have the disease called "being blind". The reason why it works this way is because it is the best looking game that didn't compromise its graphics for sake of consoles. Unlike TW3. Moreover it is false to say that game works like shit on PC. Because even at low you get one of the best graphics and you can still play game with old hardware.

It used to be normal back when PC games were not bastardized versions of console games and your best gpu would be crying just after 2 years. I still remember Unreal and how good it looked on my Voodoo2 and then 2 years later my voodoo started to have issues.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I keep seeing these clips from this garbage and i can't stop wondering how the fuck they managed to make it run like shit? It takes real skill to make something that looks so 2016 demand a 3K dollar Desktop PC to run properly.
My computer is 6 years old. Cost me nowhere near 3k. Maybe 1k USD - back then.
Runs Cyberpunk just fine in 1920x1200 resolution and looks beautiful.
Served me well with Witcher 3. Serves me great with Cyberpunk.

As long as you don't need raytracing, 8k resolution or 144kHz refresh, you really don't need expensive gear to enjoy this game.

EDIT: Like I mentioned below, my GFX, 970 GTX, is in fact 6 years old. Rest is older.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
I take it the artists don't trust tessellation shaders and prefer to pump geometric details by hand instead of relying on some form of mapping, like parallax and displacement maps. That was the case of Twitcher 2 which runs like shit on 2010-2011 hardware and it remains true here. Also, built-in Physx is shipped as is and not fine-tuned for maximum performance like in remedy's Control. And worse, you can't force Physx to run on a jewvidya card, it's all calculated on cpu.
Next is reflections. No, not specific techniques, in general. In general, every surface is considered reflecting something in Cyberpunk game engine, some form of light. In an either very low resolution or some form of interleaved/checkerboard rendering and using software denoiser. Which is bugging on screen-space reflections and eats as much fps as ray-traced reflections. Either that or emulating the ray coherency of reflected light is very hard for poles. Speaking of...
Ray tracing apologistic fucks have it extra framerate fine up their asses because BVH construction is fucked in this game, easily taking up 33% of framerate on its needs because it does that on GPU shader cores.

Naraya

Arcane
My computer is over 10 years old. Cost me nowhere near 3k. Maybe 1k USD - back then.

As long as you don't need raytracing, 8k resolution or 144kHz refresh, you really don't need expensive gear to enjoy this game.
In general I agree - my own GTX 1060 with a trusty i5-3570k runs Cyberpunk "fine", if by fine you mean FullHD@~30fps.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Honestly I enjoyed the game and don't think they "need" a No Man's Sky-style overhaul to redeem it and repair their reputation, at least among PC players who are still their bread and butter. 2077 on consoles is about as bad as Skyrim was on the 360/PS3 and consolecucks still jizz their pants over that game. That being said, a lot of the work they'll have to do for Cyberpunk Online will have to be done for 2077 so I'm expecting the more systemic stuff to be patched in over time.

Also I'm under the impression the 2077 team will be split between Online's production and The Witcher 4's pre-production as currently the online team is quite small.

if they split the cyberpunk 2077 team between cyberpunk online and the witcher 4 who is going to make the blood & wine style expansions for this game?
only thing that makes sense to me is some sort of soft relaunch of the game once they re release the game on psn and put out the next gen versions. not because cpdr it might even get a new name like cyberpunk 2077 enhanced edition or something like that.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
My computer is over 10 years old. Cost me nowhere near 3k. Maybe 1k USD - back then.

A 10 year old PC costing 1k USD cannot run Cyberpunk 2077 at all today, you are lying. If any moron wants to believe you, he just needs to visit wikipedia and find out what kind of hardware was available in 2010 or earlier in that price range. Stop lying you fuck.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
In general I agree - my own GTX 1060 with a trusty i5-3570k runs Cyberpunk "fine", if by fine you mean FullHD@~30fps.

You agree with his lies? Your GTX 1060 came out in 2016 IIRC and cost more than 500$ back then, and your cpu+mobo+ram should cost around the same during that time, perhaps somewhat less. This moron you quoted claimed that a 10 year old PC that cost 1k can run CP2077 at 1200p just fine. Which is a blatant lie, hell, gpu hardware from that time period does not even support DX12 at all.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

A 10 year old PC costing 1k USD cannot run Cyberpunk 2077 at all today, you are lying. If any moron wants to believe you, he just needs to visit wikipedia and find out what kind of hardware was available in 2010 or earlier in that price range. Stop lying you fuck.

Huh, you're right. I upgraded my GFX 6 years ago. GeForce 970 GTX, serves me well. About 300 USD. The rest of my computer IS much older.
Anyway, no problem to run Cyberpunk on "moderate" settings below 1k USD.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom