Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Turjan

Arcane
If that is the case, where is the mod to romance Alt Cunningham? Why Johnny is the one to have the only truly hot and fun girl in the game?
So sad we gone from this in Witcher 1:
bsKgFXN.jpg
to just 1 per playthrough in Cyberpunk.
To be fair, I mostly watch the scenes for the cringe value. Which can be kind of amusing.
Some of those animations that exist in CP77 are quite janky, and then you have those awkward fluid physics. It's entertaining, though probably not the way it was intended.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If that is the case, where is the mod to romance Alt Cunningham? Why Johnny is the one to have the only truly hot and fun girl in the game?
So sad we gone from this in Witcher 1:
bsKgFXN.jpg
to just 1 per playthrough in Cyberpunk.
Didnt you get with the program? Cant object wymin even if 99% of people who play games are male. What about the feelings of the mythical womyn that play games?

Turjan

Arcane
Looks like legendary clothes crafting recipes are bugged. You can only buy them the first time you visit any clothes vendor, and that vendor will only show some of them. On any subsequent visit, they will never be offered again.
Which explains why everyone is running around in the same stuff.

Perkel

Arcane
So if you go first to VoodooBoys church or that animal farm you don't have to do quest in order to find them later. V says "i think i know where it is. Logical but unexpected.

So for example the whole Evelyn BD can be skipped.

Naraya

Arcane
So if you go first to VoodooBoys church or that animal farm you don't have to do quest in order to find them later. V says "i think i know where it is. Logical but unexpected.

So for example the whole Evelyn BD can be skipped.
Yep, it is really neat. Such quirks are all over the place too.

Sòren

Arcane
finished today and my verdict would be that the game is really bad. it's fun during the first - let's say - 20 to 30 hours or something. then u realize that main quests are mostly dumb shit (panam's are okay), side quests are even worse, most of the stuff going on is irrelevant (thousands of "hey choomba something about gangs and drugs" infos) and blabla. bland, stupid, boring. the last act of the game is the worst thing ever, johnny's and judy's and that fags sidequest...oh god no. it's a nightmare, and the worst thing is that even ur main char starts talking like a faggot, completely out of ur control.

i really liked witcher 3, but i noticed that something strange was going on in their last dlc blood and wine. and it's totally gay.

gameplay is ridiculously easy even on the highest difficulty. any retard can figure out that going for high crit damage is the way to go, and if u don't there are still quickhacks.

game's dumb and i wouldn't recommend anyone to pay for that shit.

LudensCogitet

Learned
The most deaths I ever had was that retarded mandatory combat sequence where you had to kill a bunch of guys in a cave with Panam and the auto save was at the start of the encounter. My build was highly specialized at the time for stealth so that was particularly miserable.
Haha. Same. Plus every time I reloaded my POV was inside Panam's head with her eyeballs floating there in front of me.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dunno if you guys have seen this yet but basically there is an entire romance for male V and Judy that's fully voiced, acted, sex scene, dialogue that makes complete sense, this is not fake news this is actual finished content that got removed from the game, I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions as to why.

20 minutes of dialogue/scenes

I could go on, this continues for the whole 20 mins. Yeah, definitely not receptive.
At least the first dialogue is the same for female V. Can't say for after that because I haven't played.

People are handwaving it by saying that it was done that way for female Vs who choose the male voice, I don't even remember if that's a thing but it's a bullshit excuse

Whadabout the claim that male VO exists in Judy romance just for "female body with male voice V" ? Is there also female VO for Kerry romance for "male body with female voice V"? :P
This doesn't hold because besides the male voice, when V stands up from the bed, the legs are definetly male. So both male voice and male body.

Also, if you look closely at the "sex" animation, all shots are reusable for a female V body.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would y'all want your V to romance a tumblrista anyway?
Judy grew increasingly annoying for me as we went through her part of the main quest.
Same, while Panam had the opposite effect with her becoming more likeable later on despite her rebel streak which originally came off as petty.
Panam annoyed me as well. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but her MO is to sound really needy and really urgent on the phone, and then act really smug when she gets you to arrive in person.

The second mission in particular, the one after saving Saul, I went to her, asked the question "So you really are using me to cause some mayhem behind Saul's back like he said". She had the cheek to reply "Hey if you're going to preach you can just leave". That was the last drop and I turned around left. Bonus points for the writer - he/she provoked an emotional response from me.

I've never considered myself a "chauvinist pig", but it feels like when writing those flirty characters someone mistook "bitchy" for "strong character".

Quillon

Arcane
This doesn't hold because besides the male voice, when V stands up from the bed, the legs are definetly male. So both male voice and male body.

Ofc the body is male, you can see it from the hands right away, clearly they modded the game so the male romance VOs would play for a straight male V whose model "forced" into the same scene hence there is no dick :P which doesn't disprove if the VO was recorded for female body - male VO V.

I just want the facts dammit! :D

Perkel

Arcane
The most deaths I ever had was that retarded mandatory combat sequence where you had to kill a bunch of guys in a cave with Panam and the auto save was at the start of the encounter. My build was highly specialized at the time for stealth so that was particularly miserable.

It is not mandatory.

Similar how detective killing that dude isn't. You can just say you won't do it and Reeves will acknowledge that. Once he invites you to dinner you get his version of what happened later that he in the end didn't kill him despite having chance to do so.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Ofc the body is male, you can see it from the hands right away, clearly they modded the game so the male romance VOs would play for a straight male V which doesn't disprove if the VO was recorded for female body - male VO V.

I just want the facts dammit! :D
Ah, you mean whoever recorded the video may have switched V's model? Could have been done I guess, but if it's a hoax people will disprove it easily.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
By the way, notice that Carol says "Leave you girls to it" at 17:22. I think this makes it even more likely that Judy wasnt meant as a partner for heterosexual male V and the male VO was meant to accomodate the tranny lobby.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I found Judy's character to be rather dissonant and off-base. The last side-quest involving her was touching, to be sure, but I couldn't really be convinced that the circumstances warranted that kind of frolicking after the massive undertaking

that would be tantamount of declaring war on the entire Tyger Claws. If there was another mission or aftermath at Lizzie's Bar where the Mox and Tyger Claws duke it out resulting in the survival or death of the conspirators, then I would be more receptive to the wind-down of her place in the story.

Sòren

Arcane
I found Judy's character to be rather dissonant and off-base. The last side-quest involving her was touching, to be sure, but I couldn't really be convinced that the circumstances warranted that kind of frolicking after the massive undertaking

that would be tantamount of declaring war on the entire Tyger Claws. If there was another mission or aftermath at Lizzie's Bar where the Mox and Tyger Claws duke it out resulting in the survival or death of the conspirators, then I would be more receptive to the wind-down of her place in the story.

best thing is actually her behaviour after the coup ends in a trainwreck. "i du not what to think about that a couple of people died because of my dumbass plan". yeah, sounds like a woman. but who wants to see that in a person the audience is supposed to sympathize with?

DeepOcean

Arcane
it feels like when writing those flirty characters someone mistook "bitchy" for "strong character".
Women do this sort of shit all the time, they love you, then they bitch about you for whatever reason that comes to their mind. What the game does wrong isnt this part of her characterization exactly but that CDPR are a bunch of cucks, you did the chad thing and just walked away but instead of acting like a real woman, (doing a 180, crying and guilt tripping you into helping her then fucking your bone for not buying her bs), Panam must be "strong and independent womyn" TM, so CDPR rewards you with pussy for being a sycophant. What is even stranger because she is a nomad, she steals shit and do dangerous shit for a living and that kind of girl likes the "Give a slap on the hottie." kind of treatment people are meming here on Brazil about Cyberbug.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Dayum, "Family Matters" (from El Capitan, to do with a couple of sisters, Rosa and Julie Harrington) has to be one of the saddest gigs in the whole game. There are lots more awful and horrible quests, but this one really gets to you. The tragic realism of the email from Vik is a particularly good touch, brings it home (since you know Vik). Even El Capitan was moved. :)

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Anybody who accepts anything below 60 fps deserves to be shot in the head.
:negative:

I've been playing at 60 fps for 20 years and i've recently moved up to 144hz where even 60 fps look like shit to me now
I genuinely don't get this tune, is it an acquired taste, some sort of "you had to be there" moment? For decades, my target has been "above 40" and I can't really tell much of a difference beyond that, I'm just as comfortable at 50FPS as I am at 100. In fact, that's Cyberpunk right here, I was running Medium raytracing and realised I could spare the headroom for Ultra and still sit solidly in the 40-50 range even in busy scenes, so I did it. Is it something that I just can't see on my 10 year-old screen, or does it only come into play in competitive online twitch-shooters?

manifactures
Manufacturers.

You need better eyes then as the jump from 60 to 144 was quite evident to me, big enough to make me not want go back if i can help it.

Meanwhile anything approaching sub-40 fps is shiiiiiiiiit.

If the choice is between 1080p@144 and 2160p@60 then 60 it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom