Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Duralux for Durabux

I am playing offline. :rpgcodex:

Yeah, dodging that long-range spit is a bit stressful, but they're not so bad. The snakes-headed men and the two spiky ayylmaos with their homing blasts are the toughest normal enemies in the area.
Did you find a monster with a bag? I suggest you to visit him (he is located at the cathedra wardl)before going deeper into the game. You may find something ...... interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silva

Arcane
For a beasty boy build (you know, beast claws + that rune that transforms you), do I need to visit Cainhust castle?

Cause those mosquitos are always a brickwall for me, and I'd rather skip them if I can.
:negative:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Cause those mosquitos are always a brickwall for me, and I'd rather skip them if I can.
Iirc the mosquitoes can be run past with little issue. Pretty sure the castle is optional though. I think the only notable loot is a nice looking armor set and a pistol. Probably some upgrade materials as well.

Silva

Arcane
Iirc the mosquitoes can be run past with little issue. Pretty sure the castle is optional though. I think the only notable loot is a nice looking armor set and a pistol. Probably some upgrade materials as well.
IIRC the best bloodtinge loot is in there (Chikage, Evelyn, Silver armor), but that would be useless for my beasty boy, right?

I just remembered that to get beasty rune you must kill Laurence. That means I'm fucked anyway.

Black Angel

Arcane
If a Snatcher did not kill you on your first play-through then you missed a proper Bloodborne experience:obviously: best death ever:cool:
I sincerely hope they would do something similar or even better in their next project, Elden Ring or whatever. Yahar'gul pre-Paleblood sky is one of the most atmospheric experience of From's game. Easily better designed compared to first death against Seath, too.

Fatty

Augur
I just remembered that to get beasty rune you must kill Laurence. That means I'm fucked anyway.

Am currently beating my head against the Laurence wall, can confirm you're fucked. Just finished off the Orphan which took me over 2.5 hours :mad:, I don't know how much more of this I can take. Its tempting to just win the fucking game since I plan to play NG+ with different weapons (rolling with an arcane fire cleaver this run) but I'll want to beat this boss at some point and I don't suspect it'll get easier on NG+. Tried the Moonlight Sword but its so much slower than the cleaver that its jarring to me. Maybe I'll juts re-gem the cleaver. I've had a day to reflect on my failures, about to head back in.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fatty

Upgrade your cannon as much as you can, stock up on Bone Marrow Ash, and equip as many Formless Oedon runes as you can (the runes that increase your maximum number of bullets). As soon as Laurence enters his cripple phase, go full Hiroshima and Nagasaki on him. Remember to press "up" and pop up a Bone Marrow Ash before each shot. You can fire 2 times without runes, 3 times with the rune you get in Cathedral Ward, and 4 times if you sent the kid to the clinic and kill the ugly guy in Cathedral Ward.

That should be enough to skip the last phase or at least trivialize it.

Fatty

Augur
Blacksky Eye FTW. About 800 of them. Laurence gives you plenty of room to recharge bullets and health as long as you can dodge past him. So I just shot Eyes at him constantly, triggering three viscerals. Took a few of swipes with my re-gemmed bolt cleaver too when it seemed safe. Third phase was much easier to dodge past, didn't bother trying to cleaver him then since he appeared surrounded by fire constantly. Also charred hunter set seemed to make a difference.

I guess now I just finish up the nightmare and move onto NG+.

Fatty

Upgrade your cannon as much as you can, stock up on Bone Marrow Ash, and equip as many Formless Oedon runes as you can (the runes that increase your maximum number of bullets). As soon as Laurence enters his cripple phase, go full Hiroshima and Nagasaki on him. Remember to press "up" and pop up a Bone Marrow Ash before each shot. You can fire 2 times without runes, 3 times with the rune you get in Cathedral Ward, and 4 times if you sent the kid to the clinic and kill the ugly guy in Cathedral Ward.

That should be enough to skip the last phase or at least trivialize it.

My hoonter is not stronk enough for cannon. I would think I'd need some bloodtinge for cannon to be effective? I am by no means an expert.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I guess now I just finish up the nightmare and move onto NG+.
If you want to experience everything the game has to offer, you should finish the chalice dungeons now, because their content doesn't scale with NG+. But if you have never touched them in your playthrough, they will probably be too boring, since you will be able to one-shot almost anything. It can be a bit of a slog, but the bosses in the defiled chalice are an "interesting" challenge.

My hoonter is not stronk enough for cannon. I would think I'd need some bloodtinge for cannon to be effective? I am by no means an expert.
The cannon has no bloodtinge requirement, and it deals a lot of damage even without ever raising that stat.

Fatty

Augur
Yeah I'd been doing the chalice dungeons alongside the main levels. Currently about halfway through Ailing Loran. I enjoy respawning root chalice dungeons as opposed to running the same levels over and over for resources. Plus they're the only places to find gems I need for Arcane. I generally suck at console games, finished the game just now at level 120. So, quite a bit of chalice dungeon grinding I think? I don't know what level a typical player ends at but its probably lower than that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you want to experience everything the game has to offer, you should finish the chalice dungeons now, because their content doesn't scale with NG+. But if you have never touched them in your playthrough, they will probably be too boring, since you will be able to one-shot almost anything. It can be a bit of a slog, but the bosses in the defiled chalice are an "interesting" challenge.
There really is no good time to do the chalice dungeons. If you do them as you unlock them, you trivialize the main game. If you don't, they are trivial. At least this is true for the beginning. The later ones are for sure balanced for sometime in NG+. If you've already killed orphan, I'd say ignore the chalice dungeons in this new game cycle.

Silva

Arcane
Chalices are mildly interesting at first, then get super boring in the 2nd or 3rd area (the one with bridges over big pools of poison), and then do get interesting again from Loran forward (specially Isz).

Just be aware of the one which halves your life meter. That shit can be frustrating as hell.

Is it possible they'll never port it to PC

From what I remember, depending on the country you're in (or maybe some fast premium VPN) it streams very well on PlayStation Now. I only didn't play it because it's not available in Poland, and when I was in Spain the terms of use were that everything was translated including DUBBING. With no option of any other language whatsoever :lol:. I'm not playing a From Soft game where all conversations are spoken by grannies from Andalucía.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Is it possible they'll never port it to PC

From what I remember, depending on the country you're in (or maybe some fast premium VPN) it streams very well on PlayStation Now. I only didn't play it because it's not available in Poland, and when I was in Spain the terms of use were that everything was translated including DUBBING. With no option of any other language whatsoever :lol:. I'm not playing a From Soft game where all conversations are spoken by grannies from Andalucía.

I dunno, I want from From From some respect to me as a customer, to release it on PC. I find it ridiculous to use VPN and PS Now to play the game in low res just because...

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I dunno, I want from From From some respect to me as a customer, to release it on PC. I find it ridiculous to use VPN and PS Now to play the game in low res just because...
It definitely isn't From's call, otherwise it would have been on PC from day 1. They know their PC audience is huge, and they like money. It all comes down to Sony's stance on exclusives.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
It definitely isn't From's call, otherwise it would have been on PC from day 1. They know their PC audience is huge, and they like money. It all comes down to Sony's stance on exclusives.

The game is 5 yo already, this is ridiculous.

Wunderbar

Arcane

Sony owes you nothing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Sony owes you nothing.
No, but you might think Sony wants "free" money from doing it. Of course, could be that they're gonna wait another 5 years and remaster it as another exclusive to sell the next gen playstation.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Like literally you just release the existing already game to already existing fanbase and earn hundreds of millions $ in a week.

Not doing it is retarded from any possible point of view. They don't even need to market it, it's fucking Bloodborne.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom