Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
I'm not familiar with any original CP canon/lore, but it's odd that Alt is magically gifted godlike Shodan status. Her human scenes portray her simply as Johnny's trashy groupie piece of ass.

She was genius netrunner. I also though something was weird with that concept but later on i remember few words of her about what is behind blackwall and made some sense.

Basically unlike typical stereotypical stories about AI which basically comes down to hivemind what is behind blackwall seems to be more like jungle. At least this is what i got from her words. So as long as you have some power and know your stuff you can still be fairly safe and not assimilated by someone. I imagine it as some sort of open warfare between AI.

The conflict between AI could be seen in Dalaman quest. I had to replay game and when i did that quest it clicked.

typical user

Arbiter
The game's story wouldn't have as many problems with pacing if:
-Viktor would tell you "something is wrong with your system after pulling this burned out chip but can't figure how it affects you exactly" rather than "you have few weeks to live at most, go buy yourself a coffin"
-Takemura wouldn't show up immediately and give you all the leads bypassing the "story progression through world exploration"
-if the heist itself would be in the middle of the story as it doesn't make any sense for Dex to finger you even with T-bug vouching for you (if she is such hot cakes why does she work with street trash like V and Jackie?)

The story can be compared to Act 6 of RDR2. And then there are more interactive elements in every mission in that chapter. Just speaks for itself.

alyvain

Learned
Her human scenes portray her simply as Johnny's trashy groupie piece of ass.

The gimmick is that Keanu didn't even know she was a famous netrunner, which can be pointed out by a dude-agent who got into the Arasaka building with them. Keanu thought that she was captured to get to him, while it had nothing to do with Silverhand, just corpo business.

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
cans-set-us-a17909414c2bf3d58a86943b9454ebcf.png

Using the Rockstar energy drink "codes" to unlock stuff?

Enter up to three can codes to unlock and collect the exclusive "Where's Johnny?" digital comic series from Cyberpunk 2077.

comic-03@1x-d1729d7b5faa34b39080ed53c27e37e3.jpg

Does anyone have a link to these comics?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, we had no patch yesterday or today (its already 5pm in Poland). Tomorrow is a bank holiday, so I would not expect anything.

Yesterday most of the teams got back from vacations and probably they started a team sprint (2 weeks time). So, I *imagine* maybe something around 15/ Jan to release the next patch, but, who knows... maybe they had a team working during the holidays.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So, we had no patch yesterday or today (its already 5pm in Poland). Tomorrow is a bank holiday, so I would not expect anything.

Yesterday most of the teams got back from vacations and probably they started a team sprint (2 weeks time). So, I *imagine* maybe something around 15/ Jan to release the next patch, but, who knows... maybe they had a team working during the holidays.

Everyone playing the relatively fine PC version who actually cares will have beat the game before there's another patch, probably. Wake me in a year or so when there's a half-dozen patches (that have 50/50 odds of making the game worse honestly) and some DLC.

Turjan

Arcane
Pressed the wrong button while on a gig.
gjbNPCS.jpg

That's inside of a club, btw.
Now I wonder whether that works with Johnny's Porsche...

compvet24

Educated
Yeah, I would say for the most part a majority of people interested in the game have already played it. Game is somewhat tedious to replay, to the point of annoyance. This really is a one-time run game, with other playthroughs being more-so finding small intricacies you didn't find before. Think I am done until a major update or free DLCs, maybe if modding takes off immensely. I'm not expecting a huge modding community like Skyrim, but it'd be nice to be surprised as to what happens.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Finished my high-end PC playthrough yesterday. Some 160 hours according to steam, but I did literally every job, gig, NCPD trash, bought every car, and spent time just walking around and enjoying the atmosphere.

Imperfect game, needed extra 6 months for debugging and quality of life improvements, but overall I loved it. Basically a Mankind Divided-like RPG on much bigger scale, without actually sacrificing the detail.

Some of the story criticisms I agree with, e.g. Viktor telling us we have few weeks to live...should have given either more time, or be more vague, for the open world to mesh better.

Definitely going to play it again, I am curious about other endings, but I will wait with the second playthrough for all DLCs and expansions to be out, just like I did it with Witcher 3. There I liked my second playthrough even more.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Confirmed by CDPR community managers that the NMS-style comeback is not happening, so lay off copium. Some free stuff, a couple of add-ons and GTA:O and that's all fans get.
kbKwRNp.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Confirmed by CDPR community managers that the NMS-style comeback is not happening, so lay off copium. Some free stuff, a couple of add-ons and GTA:O and that's all fans get.
kbKwRNp.png
Umm, they say exactly the opposite - "this is simply not true" - so how is this confirming?

Zer0wing

Cipher
kbKwRNp.png
Umm, they say exactly the opposite - "this is simply not true" - so how is this confirming?
What's your problem, fangirl? Open the original thread this manager refers to and see for yourself: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975#7 <-- this is simply not true and not happening. No angry devs vouching for the game, no adding back 50000 lines of speech, no new interiors, nothing. And nothing is getting ready by June 2021.

Turjan

Arcane
kbKwRNp.png
What's your problem, fangirl? Open the original thread this manager refers to and see for yourself: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975#7 <-- this is simply not true and not happening. No angry devs vouching for the game, no adding back 50000 lines of speech, no new interiors, nothing. And nothing is getting ready by June 2021.
You read all of that out of that sparse reply?

By the way, this is a good example of why you "usually do not comment on rumours". Those comments just produce new rumors.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
No way they will add the missing features of this game in six months even with the whole team working on it and I bet that only the DLC crew will keep working on the single player version with most of the studio being on Cyberpunk online what makes this NMS come back scenario by june even more improbable. We are talking about a shitton of cut features, to actually accomplish what this fake leak is claiming, they would need to delay the online version by at least a year for the whole cyberpunk team to work on it. So, yeah, this fake leak is only exploiting the desire for heavy doses of copium that people are having.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
No way they will add the missing features of this game in six months even with the whole team working on it and I bet that only the DLC crew will keep working on the single player version with most of the studio being on Cyberpunk online what makes this NMS come back scenario by june even more improbable. We are talking about a shitton of cut features, to actually accomplish what this fake leak is claiming, they would need to delay the online version by at least a year for the whole cyberpunk team to work on it. So, yeah, this fake leak is only exploiting the desire for heavy doses of copium that people are having.
They can try and do it like you describe it... and by that obliterate the reminder of what is left of their reputation.

Zer0wing

Cipher
They can try and do it like you describe it... and by that obliterate the reminder of what is left of their reputation.
Higher ups have all the money in the Poland, they don't need to worry about reputation that much, their stonks pretty much stabilized at 265 pln.

ADL

Prophet
At this point I hope the late stage development reboot theory is right because while it sucks for 2077, it means they're sitting on a shitload of stuff to use for the Online game.

Robber Baron

Savant

How many of those 13 million bought the game because of CDPR's reputation and not because it was shilled 24/7 from every media?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
kbKwRNp.png
The fact that you are well versed in the CDPR forums, while I don't even where they are shows who is the bigger fangirl.

Oh and and in the thread:
Taken from a thread where supposed CDPR developer was speaking anonymously:
supposed CDPR developer
was speaking anonymously
Get the fuck out of there!

typical user

Arbiter
Higher ups have all the money in the Poland, they don't need to worry about reputation that much, their stonks pretty much stabilized at 265 pln.

So do you think they will grow? After that shitshow? Stock price was inflated, people cashed out on the release. Now it will decline once everyone realizes there is no NMS comeback. No way in hell they will rewrite the story, add missing story-arcs, rework gigs and their locations to be less "here you can enter" in your face and the entire skills, loot and economy. That's just making the game anew. Unless they had some great quick & easy to implement ideas from pre-production I simply don't see it happening.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom