Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D 5E Discussion

Gyor

Savant
This license does not allow:
  • Mentions of overt real-world political organizations or individuals. For example: A parody of a politician is ok, but the exact likeness and name of that politician is not.
So much for any more Masque of the Red Death material. Also got to laugh at "under the age of consent in their respective fantasy cultures." since the loophole in that is stupidly obvious.

Whoever wrote that was clueless about the allowed settings.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
  • Mentions of overt real-world political organizations or individuals. For example: A parody of a politician is ok, but the exact likeness and name of that politician is not.
So much for any more Masque of the Red Death material. Also got to laugh at "under the age of consent in their respective fantasy cultures." since the loophole in that is stupidly obvious.

This was always such a dumb thing to me. Let's get real no sentient species could actually achieve mental sexual maturity as fast as is portrayed. Brains don't work like that. Elves living 10x as long but "maturing", mentally or physically, is also absolute nonsense.

D&D either needs to pick one. Either similar rules to real life or not, not this half ass shit. Also while the amount of under 18 sex in medieval times is overstated, this is no such thing as "age of consent" outside the last couple hundred years even in our world much less these fake ass worlds.

Gyor

Savant
Amanda Hamon has been hired as Senior Designer for WotC. She has a lot of experience as an editor, designer, and developer for Paizo and Kobold Press. She co-created Star Finder. She was editor and lead developer on Southlands and Deep Magic for Kobold Press. She's written APs for Paizo, and written other stuff for other publishers. She also has mangerial experience in TTRPGs. Before she got into TTRPG business she was a journalist/editor reporting on Science, Health, and Government.

And you notice what so of reaction to her being hired your not seeing, unlike when Kate Welsh was hired? Nerd rage and complaints. No one gives a fuck that Amanda's a woman because one look at her qualifications shows she's both qualified, has an impressive resume, and has earned the job, unlike Kate Welsh who got the job because of her connections and fame, but who had zero experience in the TTRPG industry, even though it was a specified requirement for job that WotC put out before hiring her.

Amanda more then mets the qualifications, she has vast experience in TTRPG industry in almost every possible facet short of layout and art. Projects she's work on in lead roles have won awards. And notice not a single fucking complaint about her being hired, only congratulations.

This proves the accusations of sexism towards those critical of Kate Welsh being hired as a designer at WotC were total fucking bullshit, it was always really about the Neapotism at WotC, gender only entered the discussed because WotC made a big fucking deal over hiring a woman, only for everyone to see she didn't met the qualification that WotC had themselves set out for the job, so it looked like Tokenism, but IMHO it was just neopatism that was made to look like tokism because of massive woke virtue signaling.

And we all know how Kate Welsh's time ended at WotC.

Bara

Arcane

I dont. Should I gaze inyo the abyss or remain blisfully unaware?

As for Amamda dosent starfinder suck? I havent heard good things about it.

Her work in Kobold press has been good I will say.

Gyor

Savant

I dont. Should I gaze inyo the abyss or remain blisfully unaware?

As for Amamda dosent starfinder suck? I havent heard good things about it.

Her work in Kobold press has been good I will say.

First Kate Welsh got demoted and then she left to deal with her addiction issues.

Don't get me wrong, Kate did a wonderful job on Ghosts of Saltmarsh, but AI was the worst book to hit FR. Period.

Gyor

Savant
Below is Kobold Press' response to ny question about Amanda's future involvement with Southlands Kickstarter.

"Kobold PressCreatorabout 3 hours ago
Amanda Hamon is indeed now a designer for D&D at Wizards! We think that is fantastic news for her, though we're absolutely going to miss her around here. It doesn't change her involvement in this project; she will be a WotC staff designer writing the Talons of Horus for the Player's Guide rather than a Kobold Press staffer, but the text will be the same.

Kobold Press works with a LOT of current, former, and future Wizards of the Coast staff and contributors (Dan Dillon, Kim Mohan, Steve Winter, Wolfgang Baur, Misty Bourne, Joey Haeck, James Introcaso, Celeste Conowitch, etc). It's not a worry for us."

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
dosent starfinder suck? I havent heard good things about it.
That depends. If you like the D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder mechanics, Starfinder is probably the scifi/science fantasy game for you. It's not 100% identical (no 5-foot step, for example) but it's pretty close.

Gyor

Savant
dosent starfinder suck? I havent heard good things about it.
That depends. If you like the D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder mechanics, Starfinder is probably the scifi/science fantasy game for you. It's not 100% identical (no 5-foot step, for example) but it's pretty close.

I think it's as much or more for setting book experience as mechanics that she was hired.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Disagree x 1
Care to elaborate, Dayyālu? Do you perhaps mean d20 Space?

I think it's as much or more for setting book experience as mechanics that she was hired.
Maybe, I dunno. The Starfinder setting is definitely something only a Golarion fan could appreciate... That's actually (one of) the reason(s) why I never bought it; it seems too tied to the default setting. But on a positive note, at least it does have halflings in space, and that can't be wrong.

Starfinder is like the beta for Pathfinder 2e but in space.
From what I remember -- I've only played it once quite some time ago -- Starfinder is still much closer to PF 1e. It still has the old action enemy and you don't automatically add your level to every single fucking number on the character sheet, for example.

deuxhero

Arcane
Starfinder is still d20 based, but it's clear many of the little things were prototypes for the wretched PF2. Of course, even more systems were previewed in Unchained, with many of the stupid things people complained there left unfixxed in PF2.

Caim

Arcane
Starfinder is still d20 based, but it's clear many of the little things were prototypes for the wretched PF2. Of course, even more systems were previewed in Unchained, with many of the stupid things people complained there left unfixxed in PF2.
Not fixing shit that was broken in earlier playtests is kinda a thing for Pathfinder.

Bara

Arcane
Well nice news for now hated the idea of a merger.

Wonder if that means there are no planeswalker cards in the forgotten realms set. Or are they going to take random characters in D&D lore that have travled between planes in some fashion or another.

Caim

Arcane
Having a set based on a D&D setting would be a good time to bring back the Ally mechanic to allow players to build parties of adventurers.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Having a set based on a D&D setting would be a good time to bring back the Ally mechanic to allow players to build parties of adventurers.
The Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set will already feature a "party" mechanic:

tazri-beacon-of-unity.jpg
ngxtgwl4ajgbeiri4fhd.png

Gyor

Savant
The Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set will already feature a "party" mechanic:

No it won't the Zendikar team offer the D&D FR team the Party mechanic first and the D&D FR team turned them down according to Mark Rosewater.

The Party mechanic ironically does not translate well to the Forgotten Realms because the classes are just too diverse, you've got Druids, Warlocks, Artificers, Knights, ect..., in addition to the fighter (warrior), Cleric, Wizard, Rogue.

Gyor

Savant
Well nice news for now hated the idea of a merger.

Wonder if that means there are no planeswalker cards in the forgotten realms set. Or are they going to take random characters in D&D lore that have travled between planes in some fashion or another.

That makes no planeswalker cards in the set more likely, but if there aren't then I think its a solid bet that the primary 5 Commander 2021 decks will be tied to the Forgetten Realms Set, the way the primary Commander 2020 decks were tied to the Ikoria set.

So you could say have a Drizzt Commander Deck, Elminister Commander Deck, Szazz Tam Commander Deck, Farideh Commander Deck, Nazram World Walker Commander Deck for example.

Last edited:

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In

Are there official guidelines for age of consent of D&D elves, orcs, etc? Just curious, is all :smug:

Caim

Arcane

Are there official guidelines for age of consent of D&D elves, orcs, etc? Just curious, is all :smug:
Probably when they reach adulthood.

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/description.htm#age

Gyor

Savant

As someone who has studied the Forgotten Realms and read the design articles on the Party Mechanic, ally is far more likely to be in the FR set then Party, because directly using the party mechanic forces a set to only do 4 "class" creature types, while allies allows for the kind of flexibility to allow Warlock, Knight, Druid, Soldier, Necromancer cards as well as Parties Warrior, Cleric, wizard, Rogue. Plus Mark Rosewater said the FR D&D team turned down the Party Mechanic when the Zendikar team offered it to them.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In

Probably when they reach adulthood.

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/description.htm#age
15 years for humans? 14 years for half-orcs? My, my, how very... progressive of them :lol:.

Bara

Arcane
So yet again the new 5e book is nothing to get excited for. Looks like jusr another set of anthology adventures with "Candlekeep Mysteries"

The rumor mill is a buzz that this book is special because its an all women team.

And in more interesting news looks like the new dragonlance books are a thing again maybe.

An Amazon placeholder page is up for the book to release this July. Could be fake or some nonsense though.

Bara

Arcane
The author list for the books been revelied.

Graeme Barber
Kelly Lynne D’Angelo
Alison Huang
Mark Hulmes
Jennifer Kretchmer
Daniel Kwan
Adam Lee
Ari Levitch
Sarah Madsen
Christopher Perkins
Michael Polkinghorn
Taymoor Rehman
Derek Ruiz
Kienna Shaw
Brandes Stoddard
Amy Vorpahl
Toni Winslow-Brill

To note that Daniel guy is the one who wanted Oriential Adventures de-listed for being offensive. Surprised he took a job with wotc when last I heard he was still complaning that all wotc did was put a desclaimer up and not remove the book.

Along with other authors just being celeberty gamers/youtubers.

One of the adventures they really did wheel chai accesible dungeons.

The Canopic Being
One of the adventures, by Jennifer Kretchmer, is called The Canopic Being. It's 10-12 pages, designed for a single session.

Like all the adventures it starts in Candlekeep, the greatest library in the Forgotten Realms, and features a dungeon located in Tashalar far to the south of the Sword Coast. As a wheelchair user, Kretchmer's adventure is a dungeon crawl beneath the earth, filled with fantasy elevators and ledges accessible by ramps.

The word "Canopic" refers to ancient Egyptian vases or jars often used during the mummification process. Canopic jars store and preserve the body's internal organs.

I look forward to the reviews.

Last edited:

Gyor

Savant
The author list for the books been revelied.

Graeme Barber
Kelly Lynne D’Angelo
Alison Huang
Mark Hulmes
Jennifer Kretchmer
Daniel Kwan
Adam Lee
Ari Levitch
Sarah Madsen
Christopher Perkins
Michael Polkinghorn
Taymoor Rehman
Derek Ruiz
Kienna Shaw
Brandes Stoddard
Amy Vorpahl
Toni Winslow-Brill

To note that Daniel guy is the one who wanted Oriential Adventures de-listed for being offensive. Surprised he took a job with wotc when last I heard he was still complaning that all wotc did was put a desclaimer up and not remove the book.

Along with other authors just being celeberty gamers/youtubers.

One of the adventures they really did wheel chai accesible dungeons.

The Canopic Being
One of the adventures, by Jennifer Kretchmer, is called The Canopic Being. It's 10-12 pages, designed for a single session.

Like all the adventures it starts in Candlekeep, the greatest library in the Forgotten Realms, and features a dungeon located in Tashalar far to the south of the Sword Coast. As a wheelchair user, Kretchmer's adventure is a dungeon crawl beneath the earth, filled with fantasy elevators and ledges accessible by ramps.

The word "Canopic" refers to ancient Egyptian vases or jars often used during the mummification process. Canopic jars store and preserve the body's internal organs.

I look forward to the reviews.

Most woke activists are narcissists playing at being a hero when they are just an annoying asshole surrounded enablers.

Oriental is not a racist work, fuck most of the businesses the still use the term are Asian! The other day I had Oriental Grilled chicken, their name for it, not my. Alot of the rub and tugs where I work call themselves Oriental Spas.

The woke are stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom