Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I see this game is still talk of the town!!

There is a ton of content in the game. It's there, it's just cut and can't be accessed as game content while playing.

The patches over the summer should bring that content back into the game.

The Narrative flow can't be fixed. A lot of things can be fixed. I am sure they shall fix them.

Music directing can be fixed.

Of course it's just rumor^_-

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I just realised that I've also ran into the VA that played Female V. I just briefly saw her at the entrance to the con the same day I met Chris Avellone. She smiled at me because I was there really early and no one else had shown up yet. Funny was already a fan had no idea it was her in the game.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The fact that you are well versed in the CDPR forums, while I don't even where they are shows who is the bigger fangirl.
Yes, you. Because the biggest faggot is the closet faggot hanging around not so friendly RPG Codex thread. Also, I'm banned from their forums.
Oh and and in the thread:
Yes, that's what community manager outright commented as simply not true, you fucking ESL.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No way in hell they will rewrite the story, add missing story-arcs, rework gigs and their locations to be less "here you can enter" in your face and the entire skills, loot and economy.
They don't have to do any of this. The mainstream media and the gamers were not having problems with these. They were having problems with stability, unoptimized code and graphical glithes. If they fix those, the majority of the people will be happy. They are not Codexians who dig into the faults of the gameplay systems.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Higher ups have all the money in the Poland, they don't need to worry about reputation that much, their stonks pretty much stabilized at 265 pln.

So do you think they will grow? After that shitshow? Stock price was inflated, people cashed out on the release. Now it will decline once everyone realizes there is no NMS comeback. No way in hell they will rewrite the story, add missing story-arcs, rework gigs and their locations to be less "here you can enter" in your face and the entire skills, loot and economy. That's just making the game anew. Unless they had some great quick & easy to implement ideas from pre-production I simply don't see it happening.

No stock price was correct CD Project Red was talk of the town and the whole Town!!!!

People were quite happy investing in CD Project Red. After Witcher 3 it makes sense for

Cyberpunk 2077 to have the hype it had. They just tried to do to much in one game.

It's bad news when your stock drops all it's earned for a whole year, that's a lot of money

that investors have lost.

Cypberpunk 2077 renew! Coming Fall of 2021.

Rand al'Thor

Literate
Holy shit look at 25:30, Human shield perk is completely useless because you can't take out a gun when you grab a human in the game.What a game.

Zer0wing

Cipher
ESL? Like Electronic Sports League? or English as Second Language? Sorry, I can't keep up with these zoomer insults.
Of course you can, only stupid and realized only for the second time.

Sòren

Arcane
what bugs me about the main story:

it's fine until act 2. first act is just about two retards trying to make cash, nothing special, no ideals, no big plans, they could be playing lottery as well and it doesn't matter what background u choose. they just want money, status, cars, women and maybe hookers, whatever simple men want from life. there is an interesting conversation between the protagonist and jackie in the hotel room before the shit hits the fan. it goes something like this:

Jackie: Why do you think this guy (Yorinobu) abandonded all his wealth and position if he got everything a man could want and need?
V: He probably was just bored.

at this point my thoughts were: "okay, the game is building something up there, it makes clear that those two have no idea that there might be something more impotant in life than possessions and social standing." disappointingly, there doesn't seem to be any point during the mainstory about that. the first ending i got (when choosing to let johnny attack arasaka tower with rogue) ended with V deciding that getting a nice flat, becoming a "legendary mercenary" and new boss of afterlife is a great way to spend his last 6 months. tells u all about that u need to know. don't know what kind of deal he has with Blue Eyes but it seems like he ended up where he started, not developing at all, the same retard he was when the story began with the more serious problem of certain death. running in circles.

from my point of view the only satisfying conclusion u get is if u decide u involve the nomads and panam. V leaves the town to search for answers and a purpose outside of night city, finding a family and beginning a new life. the game is clearly biased towards that ending because all the others are dumb shit with V ending up lonely.

the antagonists, if anyone in this game deserves this word, are bad and uninteresting. u do not interact with yurinobo at all, u don't know anything about his ambitions, motivations and u only get a very short and unsatisfying conversation if u decide to rely on arasaka. during midgame i thought there would be a revelation why yurinobo decided to the steal and sell the relic, why it's so important and why it's silverhand's data on the chip. but those answers are banal nonsense (it's silverhand because it was a prototype - so the Cd just wanted to add keanu reeves - and the relic is there to ensure his father can continue his business), like most of the sideqeusts in the game (the most insulting being regina's cyberpsychos when she just tells u that she still doesn't know anything in the end). smasher is a nobody, really no one cares about him except johnny.

the corporation theme isn't presented in any believable way, instead what u see in town are gangs senselessly killing eachother and civilians like animals. maybe it would be a good idea if the corpos clean up on the streets.

the "data vs soul/consciousness" was much better explored in Soma for example. cyberpunk has nothing to add to that except more banalities.

ultimately the game seems to be about nothing but superficialities with no essence in between and even the protagonists main goal, survival, is counteracted by the revelation that u just bought yourself a couple of months no matter what decision u make. and the writing is pretty bad at some points.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
ESL? Like Electronic Sports League? or English as Second Language? Sorry, I can't keep up with these zoomer insults.
I'm sorry, I'm retarded, but I really don't know these insults. Care to explain? Your generation says strange things. You are poking your mobile phone all day and addicted to Facebook. I'm to old to know these.

Robber Baron

Savant
I see this game is still talk of the town!!
There is a ton of content in the game. It's there, it's just cut and can't be accessed as game content while playing.
The patches over the summer should bring that content back into the game.
The Narrative flow can't be fixed. A lot of things can be fixed. I am sure they shall fix them.
Music directing can be fixed.
Of course it's just rumor^_-

I can imagine Marcin Iwiński making this speech dressed as a Joker in front of the stuff as he notifies them of the first post holidays crunch.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I'm sorry, I'm retarded but I can't understand your english at all. How is that a reply to my quote?.

Confirmed ESL :)
I'm gonna fucking kick your zoomer ass if you don't tell me what ESL mean.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
what bugs me about the main story:

it's fine until act 2. first act is just about two retards trying to make cash, nothing special, no ideals, no big plans, they could be playing lottery as well and it doesn't matter what background u choose. they just want money, status, cars, women and maybe hookers, whatever simple men want from life. there is an interesting conversation between the protagonist and jackie in the hotel room before the shit hits the fan. it goes something like this:

Jackie: Why do you think this guy (Yorinobu) abandonded all his wealth and position if he got everything a man could want and need?
V: He probably was just bored.

at this point my thoughts were: "okay, the game is building something up there, it makes clear that those two have no idea that there might be something more impotant in life than possessions and social standing." disappointingly, there doesn't seem to be any point during the mainstory about that. the first ending i got (when choosing to let johnny attack arasaka tower with rogue) ended with V deciding that getting a nice flat, becoming a "legendary mercenary" and new boss of afterlife is a great way to spend his last 6 months. tells u all about that u need to know. don't know what kind of deal he has with Blue Eyes but it seems like he ended up where he started, not developing at all, the same retard he was when the story began with the more serious problem of certain death. running in circles.

from my point of view the only satisfying conclusion u get is if u decide u involve the nomads and panam. V leaves the town to search for answers and a purpose outside of night city, finding a family and beginning a new life. the game is clearly biased towards that ending because all the others are dumb shit with V ending up lonely.

the antagonists, if anyone in this game deserves this word, are bad and uninteresting. u do not interact with yurinobo at all, u don't know anything about his ambitions, motivations and u only get a very short and unsatisfying conversation if u decide to rely on arasaka. during midgame i thought there would be a revelation why yurinobo decided to the steal and sell the relic, why it's so important and why it's silverhand's data on the chip. but those answers are banal nonsense (it's silverhand because it was a prototype - so the Cd just wanted to add keanu reeves - and the relic is there to ensure his father can continue his business), like most of the sideqeusts in the game (the most insulting being regina's cyberpsychos when she just tells u that she still doesn't know anything in the end). smasher is a nobody, really no one cares about him except johnny.

the corporation theme isn't presented in any believable way, instead what u see in town are gangs senselessly killing eachother and civilians like animals. maybe it would be a good idea if the corpos clean up on the streets.

the "data vs soul/consciousness" was much better explored in Soma for example. cyberpunk has nothing to add to that except more banalities.

ultimately the game seems to be about nothing but superficialities with no essence in between and even the protagonists main goal, survival, is counteracted by the revelation that u just bought yourself a couple of months no matter what decision u make. and the writing is pretty bad at some points.

What about Silvehand in your head!!!! Keanu makes Cyberpunk!!! Haven't you seen The Matrix!

They could have done an incredibly better job with the Narrative and it's flow, the ripper docs everything. I got bored of watching someone play it.

They were just to much that could have been done better. It's pretty frustrating over all.

I wonder what there map for the game was four years ago.

Renevent

Cipher
I'm sorry, I'm retarded but I can't understand your english at all. How is that a reply to my quote?.

Confirmed ESL :)
I'm gonna fucking kick your zoomer ass if you don't tell me what ESL mean.

Pretty sure he's referring to "english as a second language." Honestly I think being able to speak/write with a second language is a good thing, but what you said was funny given the context. I'm not a zoomer btw, and I'd fuck your shit up :)

Last edited:

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Of course my Frustration stems from poor Music directing completely all over the place.

Almost as if different parts of the game had different directors or something.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I think they are telling you that your second guess was right, J_C
Haha, I knew it. I guessed it myself! I don't need some no-lifer to explain things to me. But wait, how is that an insult? My profile shows that I'm Hungarian, so obviously English is my second language. O.o

Myobi

Liturgist
Yeah, I would say for the most part a majority of people interested in the game have already played it. Game is somewhat tedious to replay, to the point of annoyance. This really is a one-time run game, with other playthroughs being more-so finding small intricacies you didn't find before. Think I am done until a major update or free DLCs, maybe if modding takes off immensely. I'm not expecting a huge modding community like Skyrim, but it'd be nice to be surprised as to what happens.

Bloody hell mate, ya should have told me sooner as I am already on my 3rd playthrough...

DeepOcean

Arcane
No way they will add the missing features of this game in six months even with the whole team working on it and I bet that only the DLC crew will keep working on the single player version with most of the studio being on Cyberpunk online what makes this NMS come back scenario by june even more improbable. We are talking about a shitton of cut features, to actually accomplish what this fake leak is claiming, they would need to delay the online version by at least a year for the whole cyberpunk team to work on it. So, yeah, this fake leak is only exploiting the desire for heavy doses of copium that people are having.
They can try and do it like you describe it... and by that obliterate the reminder of what is left of their reputation.
If they cared about their reputation above money, they would have given the investors a finger and delayed this game by at least 3 months, they didnt do it to not lose money (ironically they lost money anyway). Besides, it isnt that the base game is horrible and this mythical 2018 build would require tons of work to implement on the single player, you dont throw 2 years of work out and just re implement it on six months. They will certainly try a damage control move but it will be alot more underwhelming than some people are expecting.

LudensCogitet

Learned
So what was the 6th stat they removed? On the character screen in the middle bottom between Intelligence and Cool. Seems pretty obviously like something is supposed to be there. It even highlights on hover and responds to clicks, but nothing happens.

Renevent

Cipher
Yeah I always wondered about that too...I thought it was something we would be able to unlock later on in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom