Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Efe

Erudite
if you have all 4 of those spells theres no way he would die

Erebus

Arcane
if you have all 4 of those spells theres no way he would die

I admit that I didn't use Greater Invisibility to protect him. But I used the other three, as well as Aid and a special meal to give him more HP.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I bet you blame end-users for Cyberpunk not working on Playstation 4 as well, huh?

It's not about blame. You have a game that was notoriously buggy on the main platform, so it's not a shock that it will still be buggy on a less-supported platform. As others have said, the devs are still active, and if this is a linux-specific issue and they are made aware of it, I'm sure you'll get a patch eventually.

It will also probably break something else in the process.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Deflect Arrows turns out to be pretty good on one-handers for just that reason if you have access to it.

I’ve gotten ganked on that fight more than once myself, something about the cutscene messes things up, but yeah Invis is the answer.

Or you know Charge. I find that sometimes leaving all the Spell Strike shenanigans for the second round and just getting in there works best.

Last edited:
Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At one point, while making this game, somebody thought that Orc Ferocity was a good idea.

That somebody was an idiot.

Stop fucking dying, Regongar, the fight against Janush would be incredibly easy if only you could stop fucking dying all the time !
I've never had too much trouble with that particular fight with the whole suite of protective spells up, but yeah Orc Ferocity is pretty infamous even in the tabletop for being terrible. In TT, people usually take one of the alternate racial traits that trades it out when playing half orc. Too bad they don't have them in Kingmaker.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In early game, I generally have any divine spell caster exclusively on heal bot duty, and I abuse literally any and all pots and healing scrolls I find, to keep myself full HP, as best I can. It's the Dark Souls mentality, really: always go in full HP, but fight as you have just 1HP.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, tinman ends up being belt and suspenders but Unfair you just work on not getting hit so not much healing involved. Maximized and Empowered False Life and Mirror Image OP.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
At one point, while making this game, somebody thought that Orc Ferocity was a good idea.

That somebody was an idiot.

Stop fucking dying, Regongar, the fight against Janush would be incredibly easy if only you could stop fucking dying all the time !
You should blame, in order:
Wizards, for not giving Half-Orcs anything at all as a racial ability in 3.5.
Paizo, for employing the idiot who actually thought Orc Ferocity would be a good idea to rectify that.
Owlcat, who, with few exceptions, wisely chose to avoid rebalancing things.

Erebus

Arcane
Paizo, for employing the idiot who actually thought Orc Ferocity would be a good idea to rectify that.

Well, nothing at all would probably be better than Orc Ferocity. Though, reading the Pathfinder rule, it's not quite clear if the half-orc can remain standing after being brought to 0 HP or if he has to ; the trait wouldn't be so annoying in Kingmaker if you could choose when you want to use it.

Looking at the alternate racial traits for half-orc in Pathfinder, I see that Sacred Tattoos (+1 to all saves) seems pretty good, though I guess it's a bit too similar to Halfling Luck. There's also a trait that allows you to re-roll one failed save per day, and another one that gives you a +2 bonus against disease and nausea.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Though, reading the Pathfinder rule, it's not quite clear if the half-orc can remain standing after being brought to 0 HP or if he has to ; the trait wouldn't be so annoying in Kingmaker if you could choose when you want to use it.
If the enemy AI had been better, then the rising half-orcs would have been be cut down to death, and those who decided to stay put would have been coup de grace'd. Making a half-orc always try to rise is just for balance.

Desiderius

Patron

Well, nothing at all would probably be better than Orc Ferocity. Though, reading the Pathfinder rule, it's not quite clear if the half-orc can remain standing after being brought to 0 HP or if he has to ; the trait wouldn't be so annoying in Kingmaker if you could choose when you want to use it.

Looking at the alternate racial traits for half-orc in Pathfinder, I see that Sacred Tattoos (+1 to all saves) seems pretty good, though I guess it's a bit too similar to Halfling Luck. There's also a trait that allows you to re-roll one failed save per day, and another one that gives you a +2 bonus against disease and nausea.

CotW implemented the Saves bonus and since it’s a Luck bonus you can get another +1 from a Background Trait that gives +1 to any Luck bonus.

Reg’s Cloak also very smoove Save/Immunitywise.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as I can tell, and feel free to correct me on this, but Paizo shoved quite a lot of cock down Owlcat's mouth in the first game. Amiri being the most glaring part of it.
It's okay. The bootheel is gone. And, spoiler alert (fuck you, who cares?), this is one of the reasons why I backed WotR: imagine what they can do now that the bootheel is gone *and* they have the resources... ?

*whistles*

Now... if we could only persuade people that RPGs are the superior type of videogames out there, so we could maximize their profits... they could finally get some money for cocaine. :lol:

Yosharian

Arcane
Just give him a reach weapon, problem solved. No reason for Reg to be using a 5ft. weapon anyway, a few touch spells aren't going to swing a fight. If Reg can deliver his auto attack damage safely he's going to be a much more useful member of your party.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Just give him a reach weapon, problem solved. No reason for Reg to be using a 5ft. weapon anyway, a few touch spells aren't going to swing a fight. If Reg can deliver his auto attack damage safely he's going to be a much more useful member of your party.
I always had him enlarge himself and stay behind Valerie, but that does not make Orc Ferocity any less of a fucking terrible idea.

Yosharian

Arcane
I always had him enlarge himself and stay behind Valerie, but that does not make Orc Ferocity any less of a fucking terrible idea.
Yeah it's awful

Desiderius

Patron
Nah, that extra attack adds up, and Frigid Touch is the real deal. I for real have trouble understanding people having trouble keeping him alive, he has every defensive spell in the book, he gets Heavy Armor, his Cloak gives him basically immunity to everything, and he stands around like an idiot for five seconds whenever he uses SpellStrike which lets the mobs engage other melee.

I gave him Crane Wing the hard way back when I thought it was good and that’s when I started suspecting it was overkill, but you can always give him that too since he has that free hand.

Sykar

Arcane
Nah, that extra attack adds up, and Frigid Touch is the real deal. I for real have trouble understanding people having trouble keeping him alive, he has every defensive spell in the book, he gets Heavy Armor, his Cloak gives him basically immunity to everything, and he stands around like an idiot for five seconds whenever he uses SpellStrike which lets the mobs engage other melee.

I gave him Crane Wing the hard way back when I thought it was good and that’s when I started suspecting it was overkill, but you can always give him that too since he has that free hand.

Wouldn`t intensified Shocking Grasp be better than Frigid Touch damage wise?

Desiderius

Patron

Damage? All these peeps worried bout him dying all the time. Touch is no save Stagger. If you’ve ever been Staggered you know how good it is.

And Intensify isn’t in game anyway. Touch of Fatigue does just as well. You mainly want the extra attack (though with Max rod or whatever Shocking is fine thru midgame).

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I for real have trouble understanding people having trouble keeping him alive, he has every defensive spell in the book, he gets Heavy Armor, his Cloak gives him basically immunity to everything, and he stands around like an idiot for five seconds whenever he uses SpellStrike which lets the mobs engage other melee.
People have trouble keeping him alive BEFORE he gets a full plate and his cloak. Or at least I assume so. I chalk it up to people generally being unable to use buffs properly and manage aggro.

Sykar

Arcane

Damage? All these peeps worried bout him dying all the time. Touch is no save Stagger. If you’ve ever been Staggered you know how good it is.

And Intensify isn’t in game anyway. Touch of Fatigue does just as well. You mainly want the extra attack (though with Max rod or whatever Shocking is fine thru midgame).

No reason not to use CotW and you can disable whatever you do not like.

Sykar

Arcane
I for real have trouble understanding people having trouble keeping him alive, he has every defensive spell in the book, he gets Heavy Armor, his Cloak gives him basically immunity to everything, and he stands around like an idiot for five seconds whenever he uses SpellStrike which lets the mobs engage other melee.
People have trouble keeping him alive BEFORE he gets a full plate and his cloak. Or at least I assume so. I chalk it up to people generally being unable to use buffs properly and manage aggro.

He already starts getting tanky with medium armor and level 3 spells.

Delterius

Arcane
20201208203512-1.jpg

i'm guessing your thrones weren't turned into elks, smh

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

He already starts getting tanky with medium armor and level 3 spells.

It's funny that with how Spellstrike works that if you leave Touch of Fatigue on auto-attack (right click it) he'll just stand there for a round casting his spell then move the next round and attack with the "charged" weapon, then only get the full attack in round three. Since I didn't even start trying to play him until I was already good at the game that often meant he never got hit much because everything was already dead.

I can see how Hap ended up just giving up on Spellstrike altogether. In retrospect probably best to Charge into position then get your Full Attack (including Spellstrike) off the next round, but that could leave him more vulnerable to getting ganked if you're not careful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom