Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
We need More Cat Sounds DLC.

Robber Baron

Savant
Wait did anyone over the age of 5 actually believe that "leak"?

ee70c96d819e1d3131058aff18d61a2c.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It took 8 years to build nearly 800k people on main sub
It took 3 weeks for lowsodium version of it to reach 100k and now is sitting on ~130k.

You can clearly see what it means.
For the sake of argument, this comparison would be fair if you were comparing the growth of the main subreddit since the release with the growth of low sodium cyberpunk. Not to mention that most members of low sodium are members of the main as well...

typical user

Arbiter
People just want to know what happened behind the scenes. Those rumours were spreading fast because everyone who bought the game or CDPR stocks deserve some explaination and the post itself was plausible. CDPR should send someone from PR team to different journos and host a stream to explain what happened. Or the ex-devs will and they won't care about their reputation.

DeepOcean

Arcane
People just want to know what happened behind the scenes. Those rumours were spreading fast because everyone who bought the game or CDPR stocks deserve some explaination.
And what explanation they hope? "Well, we did turn our uberGTA we promised you into Cyber Far Cry because we didnt want to miss the 2020 window for our stock to not tank but we didnt tell you because you wouldnt buy it , what would make our stock tank even harder and also we were hoping we had enough fanboys to muffle the cries of the ones that are disappointed. We also are full with assets and code we cut from the game but releasing on the single player version would mean we would waste time and can't recycle them on the online version."

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
People are still in denial, that's the reality.

After 100 hours I know that my overall reaction is "Is this what the whole hype was about?"

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
People are still in denial, that's the reality.

After 100 hours I know that my overall reaction is "Is this what the whole hype was about?"

Exactly. I have 203 in my playthrough, I could spend more 50h, easily, just driving and walking around the city just because of the beautiful details, but this is it, there is no real pleasure in replaying any of the game.

Lack of C&C and AI killed the replayability.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
on Music for Cyberpunk 2077!!! Hell Yea! Balls to the Wall Baby!

Really Balls to the Wall is like Nine Inch Nails Head like a Hole or Hamayaski Evolution.

We’re marrying “cyber” with “punk” — these are our two main pillars for music direction. “Cyber” centers around sonic texture of the score — our sound palette is raw, dirty, synthesized, sometimes even futuristic. “Punk” is all about the attitude of music — rebellious, ballsy and impulsive. Night City shimmers with colors and so is the music — we’re not limiting ourselves to one specific genre. Instead, we’re drawing from all sorts of styles to craft unique mix that drives the narrative and provides additional layers of context to the story

one of the problems when taking jobs is your vision is not the directors vision. You might compose something and they might go how about this or can we change this etc.

When some one says were are drawing on all sorts of styles and doesn't even give a concise explanation of where and how those styles will be used you know it's going to be mess.

Give you an example. An alley , full of poor homeless people, the Music is synths, EP, and a Sax.

Then we have A Huge Battle coming up your running to it and the music is Some Distorted Rhythm with an Ethnic Choir popping in over the drums bass and Synths.

A Bar with some hard Industrial Rock.

That's Eclectic but with focus on each area and creating a mood, emotion for that scene or area.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I still had fun playing it. Because I didn't expected anything. Zero hype and I also didn't watched or read any of the pre-release stuff.

Not watching the videos on the Cyberpunk youtube was also the right move because they spoiled the whole act 1 (arguably the best part of the game). Not only the production vids, also the release trailer.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I still had fun playing it. Because I didn't expected anything. Zero hype and I also didn't watched or read any of the pre-release stuff.

Not watching the videos on the Cyberpunk youtube was also the right move because they spoiled the whole act 1 (arguably the best part of the game). Not only the production vids, also the release trailer.

There's as much exaggeration now about how shit it is as there was before about how great it was going to be. :)

Perkel

Arcane
Is there more DLC coming or is the game complete btw?

"Free DLC" are coming shortly. So random crap like maybe some additional outfits, maybe some car or two, quest etc.

Beside they announced expansions TW3 style but considering what they said about recepcion of TW3 expansions they probably won't do another humongous like B&W probably more like HoS.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No need to add humongous expansions in the first place since the city is already huge. What they should focus on are side-quests like the Peralez ones. The more the better, preferably spread over all city districts.
It already has too much mediocre content like yellow/blue interest points, so adding those is unnecessary as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

"Free DLC" are coming shortly. So random crap like maybe some additional outfits, maybe some car or two, quest etc.

Beside they announced expansions TW3 style but considering what they said about recepcion of TW3 expansions they probably won't do another humongous like B&W probably more like HoS.

lol wrong thread. Meant to post in phoenix point

DeepOcean

Arcane

lol wrong thread. Meant to post in phoenix point
No, you asked on the right thread.:lol:

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
I was actually really surprised at how quickly and severe the dehype happened. But we all know it means nothing as eventually they'll release a "it's good now" version and people will pretend like everything is fine still. I've seen this happen too many times now for this game of all things to be different. It's pretty frustrating though that all of this could've been prevented because it really came down to consumer attitudes and industry complacency in allowing sub-par products to be promoted to such outrageous amounts. Sure they paid record numbers into Marketing budgets but at the end of all of this you would have thought people would be more cynical of AAA releases after all the prominent disasters we've seen in the past 10+ years.

I'm pretty frustrated by the whole thing really. I expect AAA studios to be corrupt and produce shoddy products. But I still expect customers to reject studios when they pull moves like this yet we don't see it happen. I mean peoples steam libraries say it all really people buy games not to play them or enjoy them they buy them to be seen as consuming the latest popular hotness and "Fit in" to their social circles. Everyone I've spoken to IRL about Cyberpunk regurgitates the same bs that games media is saying about it but when I talk about where the game did well no one knows what I'm talking about and that to me is telling most people bought the game not because they were interested in Cyberpunk but because it was the trendy thing to buy and play even if they didn't actually play it very long. That alone is why curation is suffering in this industry because the people that are the majority of customers just don't care about video games so CDPR will get away with it just like every other AAA.

None of this feels right and it disgusts me that we even got to this point.

Games that become an event like this will indeed pressure some to purchase them just so they can partake in the water cooler small talk.

on Music for Cyberpunk 2077!!! Hell Yea! Balls to the Wall Baby!

Really Balls to the Wall is like Nine Inch Nails Head like a Hole or Hamayaski Evolution.

We’re marrying “cyber” with “punk” — these are our two main pillars for music direction. “Cyber” centers around sonic texture of the score — our sound palette is raw, dirty, synthesized, sometimes even futuristic. “Punk” is all about the attitude of music — rebellious, ballsy and impulsive. Night City shimmers with colors and so is the music — we’re not limiting ourselves to one specific genre. Instead, we’re drawing from all sorts of styles to craft unique mix that drives the narrative and provides additional layers of context to the story

one of the problems when taking jobs is your vision is not the directors vision. You might compose something and they might go how about this or can we change this etc.

When some one says were are drawing on all sorts of styles and doesn't even give a concise explanation of where and how those styles will be used you know it's going to be mess.

Give you an example. An alley , full of poor homeless people, the Music is synths, EP, and a Sax.

Then we have A Huge Battle coming up your running to it and the music is Some Distorted Rhythm with an Ethnic Choir popping in over the drums bass and Synths.

A Bar with some hard Industrial Rock.

That's Eclectic but with focus on each area and creating a mood, emotion for that scene or area.

No. It should be cool jazz, oldies and folk rock. But let's not go a s far as country, not unless the hypothetical game is set in space.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom