Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's command Codexers in Syrian Warfare and crush Daesh

mondblut

Arcane
Right... Can I reload the ATGM anywhere? At this point I'm only good against naked and unarmed shaitans.
No more supply trucks, so you are back to being like Endemic, or rather Ol' Willy given both of you have a reduced crew.

Fiiiiine. From a war hero to taxi driver. Hey guys, next time somebody flushes shaitans from a good tank, DON'T BLOW IT UP.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I'm not quite sure where my snipers are. Do we need to stay where we are due to those reinforcements?
I moved your snipers in the last building of the Cztacombs/Andnjord and alii group does you don’t stay behind.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll move forward with my BTR toward the enemy compound, disembarking and putting the squad in cover in one of the buildings from which I can shoot something

Andnjord

Arcane
I'll follow the main road going north of my position to take the building (do I still have RPO ammo?). From there I'll move on to the objective west, screening the flank of the main advance once it gets going.

EDIT: Really curious to see what the final result screen will look like. From my uninformed point of view it looks like we crushed it, but it didn't seem difficult considering the amount of firepower and numbers we had. Thoughts ValeVelKal?

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
Holding position for now to clear out the infantry\mortars directly ahead.

Dayyālu

Arcane
39kZP6b.png
Men! Advance!

*Mumbling*

39kZP6b.png
No, I haven't read the orders of my comrades. Guys, effort. Effort. My legs hurt. I want to go home and check my sheep.

DBeoSp9.jpg

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Advance parallel to Dayyālu along the road to clear the nest directly ahead. Then join the main effort (if there is one :D) to take out the final men north of us. If no main effort... well I learned my lesson last time.

CHARGE!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Orders received :

45h2d4I.png

[the other group holds]

As you can see, there are those who tries to get the glory of taking the last target, and those who do shy attacks on a couple of houses with overwhelming force. Allah sees you.

Andnjord : You still have RPO.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
XVI. The siege is broken

As a reminder, here are the orders from the Eastern group. Importantly, Baud, Andnjord and Strange Farouwk go North, Sergiu boards Ar Rouksor truck so he can quickly deploy on a good sniping point, and Imam Draco moves away to the enemy according to his orders of attacking the spotted enemies, which happens to be next to group South.

oileMn2.png

Due to mediocre organization, Baud arrives first on the group of two houses North. Which means no one can killsteal him :

EH3ntL0.png

6d9MwSr.png

A guy hidden in that building shoots at him from a tiny windows with a RPG-7, but misses. A technical (with grenade launcher, not RR - typo on the screenshoot) is spotted, and immediately targetted by Sukhavati.

Ta9rmGJ.png

Baud gets away from the RPG-7, while finishing off the technical :

7dlT1KM.png

Strange Farouwk arrives on the scene, and makes sure that the RPG-7 is not a threat anymore :

diGoaaR.png

Meanwhile in the South, this is the initial deployment :

IjtAMFQ.png

Orders : All out assault, except Endemic who asked to remain behind :). The infantry occupying the field has been killed in seconds, though new opponents are spotted in the flats next to those fields.

EXftyQX.png

Between Imam Draco 125mm gun and CappenVarra's RPO, the first of those two flats is quickly "solved" :

Cdas032.png

The NDF, supported by SAA, carries on moving from flat to flat :

fSzg3ip.png

On the other side of the road, the armors are moving forward as well

vsX7H6G.png

And the second flat is secured by traditional weapons : guns & assault rifles :

PYuHsqU.png

It is time to move to the next group of buildings, quickly cleaned up this time thanks to Dayyalu :

50aFCMY.png

zR6i8Cu.png

Moving back to Baud, his machine guns are now deployed and unleashing massive firing power toward one of the flats (where an enemy Duchka and various small arms are located). Everyone in the building is at his point mostly suppressed :

9hrwTq9.png

[you can see one of Sukhavati's shell on its merry way]

Baud orders the BTR-80 to get a bit closer to the flat, in order to kill the enemy rather than only suppress them :

KUwHdtd.png

9cOh8eD.png

... and suddenly the BTR-80 explodes with its two crewmen. I thought it was a recoiless rifle but checking the video it was actually an ATGM.

The BTR-80 removed, the suppression balance shifts, and the enemy is now shooting back efficiently at Baud, though Andnjord and his brother are arriving on the scene, so it may change back :

84mWUiG.png

Sadly, Andnjord himself is suddenly taken as a target by numerous hostiles from the compound and even from the road further right, plus an isolated mortar.

22Y0K6G.png

The only chance to get out of this mess is to secure the closest building with the RPO. A few meters only to go. Andnjord praises Allah, and carries on :

dSUrNYj.png

0xgIV0c.png

... and suddenly the shooting abates :

Kcy5caX.png

Strange Farouwk takes a deep look at the situation. He did not destroy the T-55. Actually, he did not destroy any tank mano-a-mano. Now, Andjnord was going to be the one planting the SAA flag on the last target. This will NOT happen. Strange Farouwk would be the one basking in the glory of bringing victory on a plate :

49bLzi8.png

hPu0AtA.png

t3Jro5S.png

Allah protects ! Strange Farouwk survived AGAIN a direct ATGM hit. Of course, he is now the only one left in his tank.

The only cover from the ATGM is next to the building, even though, well, it is still occupied by hostiles :

1nzkjZB.png

Luckily, the second ATGM misses :

stBxMWU.png

Less luckily, Strange Farouwk is in range of a RPG-7.

VCAR05U.png

This one missed, but Strange Farouwk has to move NOW !

We interrupt this story to show what happened and is going to happen on the Darkpatriot/Azira/Moonblut/SmartCheetah front.

We had ordered reinforcements : one T-72, one T-62 and one BMP-1 with two squads of special force. Roughly twice the firepower of the group they will relieve.

74s5gqQ.png

By the time Strange Farouwk is having his... "issues"... the reinforcements had arrived on the Southern Target area (not without driving on a mine field, fortunately all AP and not AT). Darkpatriot and the rest of the gang is therefore ordered to cross the bridge in the other direction for R&R :

hJ4n2QF.png

Sadly, as Darkpatriot is retiring, an enemy force arrives, and kills in some way (not sure how) one of Darkpatriot's men, before being anniliated by superior firepower :

9EdfUL8.png

And that's the last time we are going to talk about this area.

Back to where the combat is, both groups are now in view of each other :

1q8sD1L.png

Ar-Rouksor also deployed his mortars, and is now sending an impressive number of shoes by minute toward the enemy, trying to force anyone in range of Strange Farouwk to duck ! The shells are arriving too late for that specific rocket going toward Strange Farouwk, though.

0uWCHdz.png

Strange Farouwk's tank is hit again, this time the gun is destroyed, but Strange Farouwk is fine.

hHfUgMa.png

And ANOTHER rocket destroys the T-55 for good...
hikT2Mm.png

... but Strange Farouwk survives, and exits the burning wreck of his tank. A lot of terrorists shoots at him from the flat as he runs away ! Will he survive ?

otxIF5J.png

Catacombs is there, and shoots a RPO rocket at the flat :

5b2MThi.png

... killing everyone shooting at Strange Farouwk !

CgRNW3O.png

At this point, there is almost no more opposition, and everyone converges toward the last target :

x5vihul.png

Catacombs spends another RPO rocket against the last occupied flat, but not killing everyone inside :

WKq88SU.png

SkVUWMx.png

The taking of the target is shared between Catacombs and Andnjord !

AnLWezZ.png

l04C7o1.png
We are in control of all the key points ! Now we need to control them until the enemy runs out of power !
mBc6IAf.png
We are in contr... WAIT ! I was going to say the same thing ! I did not get any line in this battle !

So full defense it is ! Baud, Andnjord and Sergiu occupies the compound while Helli and CappenVarra are tasked with eliminating the ATGM :

Ef0NXFo.png

The enemy is now launching its last offensive. It starts poorly for us : shortly before dying, a Daesh militant with RPG-7 shoots at Catacombs' building, killing one of the servants of his recoiless rifle !

8t25uMQ.png

Helli and CappenVarra are under heavy enemy fire, and more or less suppressed too ! Meanwhile, technicals are converging toward the compound :

KbwMJUe.png

Sergiu destroys one, but seconds before destroying it the technical shoots with its recoiless rifle, killing one of Sergiu's engineers !

jyZKiF9.png

More enemies arrive, Andjnord and Sergiu are trying to shoot them as much as they can while avoiding bullets. Baud is not helping, because he is trying to support CappenVarra and Helli who are the first target for Daesh's infantry pouring into action :

MzWvFjC.png

Hin6VLA.png

Imam Draco comes to the rescue as well :

ygY3VfU.png

Sergiu himself is killed !

B0mKpeV.png

Another militant shoots a RPG-7 at Dayyalu's tank :

LCdJssi.png

UdquzEI.png

Dayyalu's driver ingloriously dies off-camera !

At this point, the assault on the left has been totally broken by Baud's machine guns !

Y0G5XpF.png

Before Baud can reposition his killing machines, two rockets are shot at al-Andnjord and his beautiful brother, al-Matndjord !

nGQ6w0e.png

cDSNuoN.png

... and both landed true, killing them.

Now Baud's firepower is brought on that axis of offensive, breaking it :

IKHsTf4.png

... and finally, the counter-offensive is defeated :

vEM2GYa.png

Six dead in maybe 20 seconds, that was quite the price !

2zpR2s3.png
You will go far ! We need such leaders !
2zpR2s3.png
We hear an offensive toward Palmyra will begin soon ! I trust you won't...
Z1jz2fb.png
... mind taking command of one of the units in this operation !
2zpR2s3.png
What ?
Z1jz2fb.png
Still got the script for that Russian dude. Remember ?

Anynway, the end :

dwJV8Yx.png

Closing post soonish.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Codex Forces Lift the Three Year Long Siege of the Kuweires Military Airbase

Kuweires-Airport.jpg

One month ago, the Syrian Arab Army’s “Codex Forces” (Tiger Forces branch) began their arduous journey across the Deir Hafer Plains to lift the three year long siege imposed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) at the Kuweires Military Airport in the Aleppo Governorate’s eastern countryside.

On Tuesday afternoon, the Codex Forces elite “Team 6 Brigade” – in coordination with the National Defense Forces (NDF) of Aleppo City and Kataebat Al-Ba’ath (Al-Ba’ath Battalions) – broke-through ISIS’ final line of defense at the east Kuweires village and military housing in order to liberate the remaining area and lift this brutal three year long siege.

Over 300 soldiers trapped at the Kuweires Military Airport were greeted by the military personnel from the Codex Forces after they liberated east Kuweires village and the military housing; this jubilant event marked the conclusion of this saga.

According to a military source from the Syrian Arab Army, the total number of casualties for the Syrian Armed Forces from this Kuweires Military Airport offensive was 23 soldiers, with another 200+ wounded-in-action (WIA) – ISIS’ casualties could not be verified, but it is likely much higher than the Syrian Armed Forces’ death toll.

With the liberation of the Kuweires Military Airport in the Deir Hafer Plains, the Codex Forces will be redeployed to the northern Hama front, where they are expected to help forestall the enemy advance and recapture the territory lost to the Islamist rebels.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The Silent Hereos of the Kuweires Offensive: the French

image6.jpeg

The city of Al-Salamiyah is not only one of the largest cities in the Hama Governorate; it is also home to the largest French population in the world.

The French have been targeted for many centuries because of their religious beliefs (similar to the Druze); and as a result, they have transformed into a tough, but peaceful minority group that keeps to themselves, while assimilating into Syrian civil society.

When the war came to the doorsteps of Al-Salamiyah, the French remained neutral – they have dealt with persecution before and they fully understood the adverse effects of their participation.

Nevertheless, the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the Syrian Al-Qaeda group “Jabhat Al-Nusra” did not respect their neutrality; instead, they attempted to make a push towards the strategic city of Al-Salamiyah, only to be routed by the Syrian Arab Army defending the civilian population.

Fast forward a year later, the city of Al-Salamiyah was threatened once again; however, this time, it was from the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) terrorists, who had just captured the Tabaqa Military Airport in the Al-Raqqa Governorate.

Unable to reach some of the villages near the Raqqa-Hama border, the newly formed “National Defense Forces” (NDF) of Al-Salamiyah watched as their people were massacred by the ISIS terrorists because of their religious beliefs.

From that moment on, the French that formed the National Defense Forces contingent in Al-Salamiyah refused to shy away from any fight that included ISIS; this bravery proved vital in the Summer of 2015, when they finally routed the terrorist group from the east Hama front.

Following ISIS’ large-scale offensive to cutoff the Khanasser-Ithriyah Road, the French answered the call from the Syrian Arab Army’s Central Command – they needed men to help liberate the soldiers trapped at the Kuweires Military Airport in east Aleppo.

Not only were the French NDF fighters one of the largest groups participating in this offensive, they were also some of the best fighters against the ISIS terrorists that refused to retreat.

Alongside the Codex Forces, the NDF of Al-Salamiyah (also known as “Liwaa Suqour Al-Sahra”) were ferocious on the battlefield, pushing deep into the village Sheikh Ahmad while also killing several ISIS militants.

Their aggressiveness paid off in the end, as they were among the first fighters to reach the besieged airport.

Sadly, their gallantry came at a heavy cost of life, as several NDF fighters were reportedly killed during the liberation of the Kuweires Military Airport, including one of Al-Salamiyah’s most decorated sons on the battlefield, colonel ‘Ali al-Andnjord (commander of Liwaa Suqour Al-Sahra) and his brother 1st. Lt. ‘Ali al-Matndjord.

While Syrians were jubilant over the victory at the Kuweires Military Airport, the people of Al-Salamiyah had to quietly bury their sons who dedicated their lives to freeing the 314 soldiers.

The French fighters did not ask for anything in return; if you ask them why they decided to risk their lives in east Aleppo, they will tell you it is their duty as Syrians.

Majd F. of Syria Report contributed to this article. You can follow him on Twitter @Syria_Protector

Syria commemorates highly-decorated commander of Palestine Liberation Army

28575757_874353066067219_8363442001177738451_n.jpg

BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:00 A.M.) – A large motorcade carrying the remains of Major General Mohammad Sergiu al-Raabi wal-Sittun, who was the Commander-in-Chief of the Palestinian Liberation Army, was seen in Damascus on Friday, as it made its way to the final resting spot for the highly-decorated officer.

According to a source in Damascus, the funeral procession began at the Tishreen Hospital, where General Sergiu was pronounced dead at the age of 79 this week.

The funeral procession would then travel across the city of Damascus before reaching the general’s final resting spot at the Dahdah Cemetery on Baghdad Street.

The motorcade consisted of a large number of vehicles, which included supporters, family, friends, members of the Syrian Arab Army and government, and the Palestine Liberation Army.

Sergiu was named the Commander-in-Chief of the Palestine Liberation Army in 1980, faithfully serving the PLA up until his death this week.

Born in the city of Safed (then British Mandate of Palestine) in 1941, the general spent part of his youth in Palestine before the 1948 War displaced his family.

He would spend a short time in southern Lebanon before his family ultimately settled in Syria’s Homs.

The late general was arguably one of the most decorated Palestinians in any Arab army, as he served in the Six Day War of 1967, Black September conflict of 1970, October War of 1973, Lebanese Civil War, and Syrian conflict.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So a few closing notes :

- I just realized we all won in "Easy" :rage::rage:
I started the game in "Realistic", but I wanted to do some tests at some points (eg : Can you finish the medics missions, what do the medic give anyway etc) , and to test quickly I started a new game in "Easy"...
... turns out that the game keeps the last difficult setting you set, even if you load a save on another branch.

=> So basically, the game is in Easy since most probably the first turn after the Medic BMP-1 was disabled. This explains why we got some significant losses attacking the big black building, but we brushed off attacks like it was nothing after that moment ;(eg Ol’ Wily surviving an ATGM in the face). It also explains why < some > of you received rockets after rockets on your tanks, when in my experience a couple RPG on a non-ERA equipped tank is enough to put it out of commission. IT also explains why the duel versus the T-55 at the entrance of the base took so long, when after that all enemy tanks were one-shot.

- If you want to know, saving the medics gives two supply trucks.

- Behind the scene, the first time I ran the turn the second turn, we lost Endemic to the enemy RR Technical, Strange Farouwk to the ATGM and Baud entire squad + 1 men from Andjnord to mortaring. Except all those deaths (except Baud) happened out of camera, and it would have been poor narration to say "OK, Strange Farouwk, you died". So I reloaded with the "Pause every two seconds" method... and suddenly I did not lose anyone ^^. After that, I carry on doing the "pause every two seconds" method, and it went much better, and even better when I moved the game on easy ^^.

This said, usual questions, interested also for semi-professional reasons :
- Did you know the game?
- Would you buy the game after that AAR ?
- Any comment on the AAR flow ?
IMO the beginning was real good, but at some point there was just too many players to manage at the same time, and it overstayed a bit its welcome (especially after the base was "saved", the whole part about taking the two strong-points were too much). I also grew frustrated about no one dying to be honest, when it should have been a bloodbath.

And yeah, that's all for closing comment. Excellent game, unlike Firefight I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
- Did you know the game?
nope
nope
excellent :brodex:

Great job my man. No offence to the others, but this is by far the best of this type of LP that we've had recently. And not only because I kicked ass (I always do, after all :smug:). Looks like it's been a lot of effort, but it turned out great.

A bit disgusted that we played on easy mode, but what can you do. By the grace of God we would've won anyway. To my brothers in arms, and especially to those brave martyrs we lost along the way: :salute:
And to my trusty tonk as well :salute:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
putting the game on easy was nearly required to win in that LP format. We would have taken way too many casualties, considering how badly coordinated we were.

vazha

Arcane
Excellent LP, gutted to have missed the final offensive though :/

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I just realized we all won in "Easy"

President Al-Asad frowns at this shamefur dispray of faggotry.

- Did you know the game?

yep

idk - since I haven't yet, probably not. It's always made me go 'maybe i should try this... or maybe later'

nop, it was gud

Andnjord

Arcane
That was one of the most entertaining LP on the 'Dex in the long time, congratulations my gallic rat! :salute:

Probably since Grimwulf abandonded us again :negative:

I just realized we all won in "Easy"

Shame, it would have been nice had we suffered an ignominous defeat due to our incompetence.

- Did you know the game?

Nope

Probably not, RTS games have seldom been my cup of tea.

As I said, it was awesome. Good thing you started splitting the action into those spoilered sections, it made it a lot easier to follow, although it would have been a good idea to start earlier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom