Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Right, that's what I think. But now we have only some circumstantional evidence to Johnny's being an unreliable narrator (Alt's single line and some weird retcons), and the influence of the chip's corruption is only a guess. For all we know everything may be just wishful thinking, especially given the miserable state of the game. Maybe some of the DLCs will clarify this.

There are clear steers that Johnny's memory isn't wholly truthful, at the same time you're never certain just how much is continuity error on the part of the game.
Like that big heroic opening scene where he's finally caught by Smasher, and then has his arm blown off. Is it intended to show that the subsequent scene being tortured and then having Soulkiller used on him is false because he's still got the arm which was blown off attached? It does seem far too neat to be watching the nuclear mushroom over the city while Saboru does a Saturday morning cartoon villain routine and Johnny cracks wise.

alyvain

Learned
But he said that she contacted him a few weeks after.
I could be wrong myself, but I don't recall the game implying that Saburo or someone else had told him.

I do remember a line, according to which Alt somehow contacted him
after her "death".
Saburo has probably nothing to do with it: those are two different Arasaka's tower break-ins, after all.

There are clear steers that Johnny's memory isn't wholly truthful, at the same time you're never certain just how much is continuity error on the part of the game.
Like that big heroic opening scene where he's finally caught by Smasher, and then has his arm blown off. Is it intended to show that the subsequent scene being tortured and then having Soulkiller used on him is false because he's still got the arm which was blown off attached? It does seem far too neat to be watching the nuclear mushroom over the city while Saboru does a Saturday morning cartoon villain routine and Johnny cracks wise.

That's what irritates me about this game's story (and maybe entertains a bit).
The probability that Johnny constructed/remembered of all things a woman who lost her husband in the bombing could have been a nice psychological touch. I feel that whoever was responsible for narrative direction of the game obviously wanted a more accurate and humane treatment of characters, than it is usually accepted in video games, but the fact that this game is half-baked and even story-wise not executed properly, makes it all too akin to LARPing.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's not only delusional but out right false. First and foremost, they got 150% base pay during the crunch, that alone is better than imaginary twitter points. They're also still getting bonuses from the release (it sold very well). In a few months/patches the game will be stable and from a tech perspective it's a good accomplishment. Any company these people will be going to from CDPR will be more than impressed that they worked on a game of Cyber Punk 2077 scale.

The people hee-haw'ing and pretending to feel bad for the engineers who worked on the game are out of their minds.

People are different, some might prefer to make less in exchange for more freedom and switch to an indie or whatever. I'd guess the vast majority of people there want to be there though, and think 5 months of hell are worth the financial reward. My wife recently did a 6 week Covid emergency assignment in a small town for three times her base pay, working 60 hours a week, and while it was absolute hell for her we now get to remodel our dining room. People make these kinds of decisions all the time.

typical user

Arbiter
By the way I can't help but point out the grey-morality trick is sloppy in Cyberpunk 2077 to the point the illusion of the deep problems in Witcher 3 disappears for me. The quests are great because they make you think but... When my only option of resolving XBDs studio ran by a guy and his son is to shoot them in the heads and their only argument is that "someone else will replace them" just feels lacking. Or Takemura who can't be persuaded to leave his vendetta behind and actually talk to Yorinobu or all those shards which try to show gangsters assaulting random stores from desperation.

In Witcher 3 it worked since it was Geralt's choice to not try and save the entire world but in the end he did get involved in political schemes and he very often could speak up his mind about different problems. V very often just gives up or the quests end in the middle with no definite solution. Also CP2077 is telling the story of Silverhand who did try to change things around but with a fucked-up execution.

EDIT: Shame the main story is so personal due to The Relic and less about trying to change things around and acting as a non-canon to not mess up with Pondsmith vision. Silverhand getting engrammed is a retcon so I don't think he would mind it if the game had more defined ending affecting NC.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Isn't Johnny the one who unintentionally killed Alt's human aspect (or prevented her from returning or something like that) by disconnecting her body during that first rescure mission?
Yes, but he didn't know that Alt was out of her body and he remained ignorant of this fact all the way to becoming an engram.

In the memory, yes. In canon, something else entirely happened.

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Alt_Cunningham

Johnny detonated an explosive charge which gave Toshiro the chance to disconnect Alt from her body. Johnny killed Toshiro and left with Alt's lifeless body, unknowingly leaving her digital form behind.[2]

You think it sucks working at CDPR now, compared to crunching for a year to release this turd?

Absolutely, it means the crunch was for nothing and now most people think you are lazy or incompetent

And I have to repeat yet again that they worked for one additional day a week, with full overtime. This isn't Kwa.

Danikas

Arcane
Just heard Mike pondsmith talking on the radio (he voices one radio personality) about the net being hell didnt manage to screenshot first part.

cyberpunk2077screensh9dj75.png

cyberpunk2077screensho7jcx.png

Semiurge

Cipher
Playing through the endings at the moment. It took a few fights to notice a certain armor issue - again.
ldj2bsR.jpg

Not that it matters much at that level.

You must be feeling all those grenades and other quick access items click against your back teeth.

msxyz

Augur
The whole story doesn't make a lot of sense since its premises... what value could possibly have the Relic of Johnny Silverhand? Why Yorinobu steals that Relic, if his aim is just to sell technology to competitors (or to denouce the practice to NetWatch)? Any other Relic would do just fine. It's not like that Relic contains damning evidence against Arasaka. It proves that Night City was indeed nuked by a bunch of terrorists, among other things.

I'm starting to believe those rumors that the role of Silverhand in the story was greatly reshaped late in development, once the deal with Mr Reeves was finalized.

Come to think of it, the story would be more believable if Yorinobu and Saburo Arasaka roles in the hotel are switched and the Relic contains the memory of none other than Mr. Saburo Arasaka himself. The old man comes to Night City for whatever business reason. He brings with him one of the relics he uses to 'backup' his mind in case something happens along the way or if his aged body gives up. Somebody knows that Mr. Arasaka always travels with a Relic and sees an opportunity to steal it. The memories of the most powerful man in the word are worth a fortune (unlike those of a forgotten rockerboy and wannabe terrorist). The plan however goes to hell once Yorinobu comes to visit and kills his father; then he takes over the family company and he has all the other relics of his father destroyed. So V find himself/herself with the vengeful ghost of Mr. Saburo Arasaka in the head slowly taking over and (s)he must struggle to survive while taking a part in shaping the destiny of the most powerful corporation in the world.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
The whole story doesn't make a lot of sense since its premises... what value could possibly have the Relic of Johnny Silverhand? Why Yorinobu steals that Relic

He wants to burn 'Saka to the ground. Which is why he specifically takes Silverhand's engram on the prototype.

It's specifically said that the engram part is old tech, and the prototype -- in particular, the way it takes over a person's nervous system -- is the rare, expensive part. So Yorinobu and Johnny have the same goals.

Silverhand with his Polish VO is by far the single greatest thing about CP2077.

I never imagined Keanu to be out of character of Keanu, but there we go lmao.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Before I invested a perk point into wall penetration
Wat. There is a perk required for wall penetration? :hahano:
My tech guns always penetrate when charged. Yeah baby.The anti-materiel rifle does that as well.
Lizzy is hillariously OP and carried my low rez ass a looooooong time. After that it was a two-shot Burya with some 700 dmg per shot. Totally balanced weapons.

That tremble effect is also... I don't get the mechanic behind it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's gone after switching weapons. It's not related to cover, body, crouching or tech. It's just... random. And especially in the case of the Negromata makes the gun useless when it shakes.

Probably a bug. Most likely a bug. Yeah, definitly a bug.

No. But there is a perk that is supposed to make wall penetration significantly easier on Tech weapons. You see, normally you'd need to (nearly?) fully charge the weapon (causing heavy shake - yeah, often bugged also) to penetrate walls, that perk should reduce the required charge (therefore also the charge time AND shake magnitude).

Turjan

Arcane
My tech guns always penetrate when charged. Yeah baby.The anti-materiel rifle does that as well.
Lizzy is hillariously OP and carried my low rez ass a looooooong time. After that it was a two-shot Burya with some 700 dmg per shot. Totally balanced weapons.

That tremble effect is also... I don't get the mechanic behind it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's gone after switching weapons. It's not related to cover, body, crouching or tech. It's just... random. And especially in the case of the Negromata makes the gun useless when it shakes.

No. But there is a perk that is supposed to make wall penetration significantly easier on Tech weapons. You see, normally you'd need to (nearly?) fully charge the weapon (causing heavy shake - yeah, often bugged also) to penetrate walls, that perk should reduce the required charge (therefore also the charge time AND shake magnitude).
The bug is that the Nekomata always acts like fully charged without the perk, which means 100% wall penetration without shaking, as it works without charging. At least it did for me. With the perk, wall penetration failed about half the time, even fully charged. I experienced the first shaking after I got a few tech perks.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Come to think of it, the story would be more believable if Yorinobu and Saburo Arasaka roles in the hotel are switched and the Relic contains the memory of none other than Mr. Saburo Arasaka himself. The old man comes to Night City for whatever business reason. He brings with him one of the relics he uses to 'backup' his mind in case something happens along the way or if his aged body gives up. Somebody knows that Mr. Arasaka always travels with a Relic and sees an opportunity to steal it. The memories of the most powerful man in the word are worth a fortune (unlike those of a forgotten rockerboy and wannabe terrorist). The plan however goes to hell once Yorinobu comes to visit and kills his father; then he takes over the family company and he has all the other relics of his father destroyed. So V find himself/herself with the vengeful ghost of Mr. Saburo Arasaka in the head slowly taking over and (s)he must struggle to survive while taking a part in shaping the destiny of the most powerful corporation in the world.
This sounds oddly similar to that recent "my dad works at nintendo"-tier copypasta with that part about different narrators and "childhood heroes" thing from 2018 char. creator.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member

The Polish voiceover is greatly underwhelming. They use a ton of lazy loanwords, to the point it sounds half-English. Overall it feels like a mediocre dubbed movie. No native feel at all, and it doesn't even seem like it was originally written in Polish.

In English, Keanu sounds like he's trying to prove that he's seen it all, and nothing surprises him. And up to his eyes full of narcotics. Up till he wants V to do something, then he's a five-year-old brat throwing a tantrum.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

The bug is that the Nekomata always acts like fully charged without the perk, which means 100% wall penetration without shaking, as it works without charging. At least it did for me. With the perk, wall penetration failed about half the time, even fully charged. I experienced the first shaking after I got a few tech perks.

Weird. I have no Tech perks and do experience shake... of varying magnitude. Admittedly its often a no-issue (while it should be).

Anyway, forget Nekomata. Nowadays Widow Maker (Inconic Tech Precision Rifle) is a true engine of destruction. Fires SIX bullets per shot (but in a tight cluster - different from shotgun), quick firing, has 12 rounds (each of which fires those 6 bullets), accurate at long ranges (headshots are easy), has 33% (!) to apply poison (probably per bullet, not sure), when charged penetrates walls also (with no shake! - probably bugged again...). Perfectly balanced.

To make it even more broken, I've picked the Stealth perks that slow poisoned enemies, double poison damage and make my char deal +20% damage to poisoned enemies...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

The Polish voiceover is greatly underwhelming. They use a ton of lazy loanwords, to the point it sounds half-English. Overall it feels like a mediocre dubbed movie. No native feel at all, and it doesn't even seem like it was originally written in Polish.

In English, Keanu sounds like he's trying to prove that he's seen it all, and nothing surprises him. And up to his eyes full of narcotics. Up till he wants V to do something, then he's a five-year-old brat throwing a tantrum.

Yeah, I was happy to play the Witchers in Polish, but in case of Cyberpunk I quickly changed to English. Somehow Polish simply didn't fit in this setting.

Well, I can't remember the voice of any other characters (maybe Rogue), so I guess you have a point. Well, V is clearly Geralt replacement, since poor Rozenek got this stroke last year. Still, Zebrowski >>>> Keanu, and I couldn't care less about Tech Kangz & Madmwazel kweens speaking wit dem bad mojo voices.

And from what (little) I've seen of English version, I think it was written, or at least thought in Polish. There's this line after leaving the Veve chapel about being V being "a ty straszną pizdą", which gets completely lost in translation.

Thus, the writing sounds edgy in English. You just can't translate the mystical effervescence of KURWA.

EDIT: And lazy loanwords? Sorry, that's just sorry state of Polish nation right now in every aspect. Just go to the nearest MediaMarkt and listen what is "dedykowane" for your computer.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
The Cyberpunk sub went from "OMG this will the the best game ever" to "This is the worst game I ever played" in 1 day after release.
Case in point:

whenwordsarenotenough.pcx

wew the salt in the twitter replies. man it has to suck working at cdpr right now

You think it sucks working at CDPR now, compared to crunching for a year to release this turd?

100% because i've been following a couple devs and PR people from CDPR on twitter and they all seem either depressed or in therapy now

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
But he said that she contacted him a few weeks after.
I could be wrong myself, but I don't recall the game implying that Saburo or someone else had told him.

I do remember a line, according to which Alt somehow contacted him
after her "death".
Saburo has probably nothing to do with it: those are two different Arasaka's tower break-ins, after all.

Regarding Johnny knowing that Alt still "lived on" in the Net after the botched rescue attempt - I am not sure when exactly Johnny found out, but he knew about well before the bombing of Arasaka tower that Alt´s consciousness was held in Arasaka´s servers within the tower (at the latest he was told during the briefing before the tower assault). Setting her free was a major motivation for his participation in the assault. Short synopsis from the Firestorm Shockwave sourcebook (the adventure is called Guns... silenced):

- as the Fourth Corporate War rages on, several VIPs related to Militech and US government are found dead while jacked into the Net, obviously killed by Soulkiller (which means that Arasaka has access to their memories and secrets)

- Night City itself is under martial law and serves as a main Arasaka base in America

- the current version of Soulkiller at the time is 3.0 and it was developed by Kei Arasaka (Saburo´s eldest son) and Alt (who was forced to cooperate while being held in Arasaka servers)

- Militech realises that Soulkiller 3.0 is basically a Death Star type of thing that will allow Arasaka to take over the Net unless something is done

- in response, Militech and US government put together a large operation planed by Morgan Blackhand, which aims at infiltrating Arasaka tower, destroying or stealing the engrams captured by Soulkiller (thus depriving Arasaka of the intel they harvested) and destroying the Soulkiller itself along with the means of creating it again (which means destroying or releasing Alt)

- Johnny´s team (including Rogue, Spider, Shaitan, Thompson, a number of anonymous Solos and Nomads and a group of Militech commandos) is tasked with dealing with Alt and destroying the Soulkiller server, the PCs lead the second team which goes to destroy/steal the engrams of Soulkiller victims, third team is led by Morgan Blackhand and serves as general support to the two assault teams

- since Night City is occupied by Arasaka, Militech along with US government launch and all out assault to even get the teams towards the tower, there is a regular war being fought in the streets, with tanks blowing shit up while jet fighters dogfight overhead

- during the assault, Johnny´s team gets to the Soulkiller server and Spider starts working on downloading Alt, Smasher barges in and starts fucking shit up, Johnny cannot bear the thought of letting Alt down again so he steps out of cover to get Smasher´s attention, Smasher kills him instantly, but this buys Shaitan enough time to close in and engage Smasher in an epic cyborg on cyborg melee, thanks to this, Spider gets enough time to upload Alt to the Net (instead of carrying her out on a data storage device as originally planed) and this is how she ends up as a free AI

- meanwhile the PCs find out that Kei used the Soulkiller to kill Yorinobu and they get an option to save his engram, there is also a cloning facility nearby, so in fact Yorinobu Arasaka in CP2077 might be a clone with uploaded engram (there is no indication in the book what is the canon ending, but I guess this is very likely)

- in the end the bombs go off and the tower starts collapsing (with Soulkiller destroyed and the engrams either destroyed as well or stolen by the PCs), Smasher drags wrecked Shaitan to the roof and forces Morgan Blackhand to duel him, PCs might rescue Shaitan, but Blackhand and Smasher both go down with the building

- Kei Arasaka comits suicide after the tower is destroyed, thus leaving Yorinobu (if the PCs saved him) as the heir of the corporation.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Without having a comparison, I think the english version is pretty high quality, leagues ahead of what Bioware and Bethesda spits out.
And the VAs are really top notch as well. Aside from a few exceptions like Keanu or Elon Musk's output, who are no real VAs, or the Watson fixer, who sounds like she just reads her lines half of the time.
Female V deserves speshul praise. I didn't like her in the pre release stuff, but she turned out excellent. If you are Streetkid or Nomad that is. Believable spunky kid and her emoshunal moments are not overacted crap. Good stuff, 5 of 5 feels.
I like the non english bits as well. The soviet fixer and Nadeshda the KGB lapdog are easy on the ears, and the female tygerclaw sounds like a "mature anime character" going through every possible emotion in just one sentence. :hahano:

And, her stupid eyes aside, Blue Moon was a surprinsgly good character as well. A "Blue Moon waifu" expansion would sell like sliced bread.

Couldn't take Kerry serious tho. He is voiced by the guy who did low int bandits in Skyrim.
"We're in control of this mine no sudden mooooves We're in control of this..." SHUT UP! :argh:

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Johnny´s team (including Rogue, Spider, Shaitan, Thompson, a number of anonymous Solos and Nomads and a group of Militech commandos) is tasked with dealing with Alt and destroying the Soulkiller server,
That explains a lot for me. I was wondering why they just invade Arasaka like an afternoon stroll, but AltF4 Cuntingham says Johnny is an unreliable narrator and he would obviously never admit being in bed with a corp. :salute:

Turjan

Arcane
I finally finished the six standard endings. I guess I shouldn't have chosen the "Johnny Silverhand is cancer" dialog option that often, so I didn't get the special ending. I have already said enough about the gameplay itself in this thread, so no need to repeat this. I see that it's objectively not a very good game, but somehow, it resonates with me on a certain level, which is why I spent about 240 hours on it and enjoyed it well enough. Maybe, it's the blatant nostalgia I feel for the genre. It basically breathes the 80's, and given I moved to my own "Night City" during that time, without knowing a single soul there, it's a homerun on that level. That was a great time, anyway, of course with much less slaughtering of your fellow citizens. I sometimes just like the less than perfect works, which is also true for the film the male voice actor of V is known for, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Which is objectively not a good film, but I somehow have a soft spot for it.

But this is about the endings, which means the story. As an interactive movie, the game works quite well, even if the story doesn't really gel with the open world gameplay. I guess everyone knows what the story is about, and there's just one mission where most endings are decided, given you played at least the Panam side quests and those of Rogue. You even decide your main love interest by a phone call you do during that mission, provided you have done both possible "romances". This makes it easy to just play through all endings in sequence. Also, I guess those endings are the main reason why you have character creation in this game. It's one of the few places where the third person look is used to convey the message effectively.
The rest concerns ending spoilers, so spoilers it is from here on.
Suicide
The quickest way to end the game, you can just use the gun you are given by Vic. It's the only ending, except the secret one, where nobody else dies. This is also the subject of the conversation between V and Johnny, where Johnny - surprisingly - has no issues with agreeing to the plan.
x45EQCo.jpg

I guess this scene is one of the main reasons why we got the underpants patch. Most of the scene is a full frontal view of the sitting, stripped V. As usual, I didn't notice he was naked until the scene had started.
Of course, the game drives it home in the epilog that suicide is always a shitty option for the friends who get left behind. The reactions cover the spectrum from deeply sad to outright vicious. This doesn't make much sense in the case of Vic and Misty, given they provided the gun for exactly this purpose. It's understandable when it comes to the romantic interests, as they weren't involved in the decision at all. It's a touching, well done scene, nevertheless. And no, this option didn't really win the trophy for most soul-crushingly depressing ending for me.

The Devil
The game isn't really very subtle in its warnings, so I guess it becomes clear at some point that you made a mistake. At the latest, this would be during Yorinobu's final words, which is also a very well done scene. You got abused to settle a family power struggle. I guess Takemura is there to somehow soften the impact of Johnny's or Misty's warnings, but I guess he is a good example that personal sympathy isn't always the best base for decisions. If the "becoming personal property of the company" part didn't deter you, the "Press F to surrender" is also a bit overdone. V's amulet, his promise to himself, is used in all endings to express his feelings, and here it is defiance. He puts the amulet on to tell himself that he will get to that one day in the future. Still, there's the terror in his look when he slowly gets erased.
IyHfhGA.jpg

I think this straight look into the camera is a good way to get the player on a guilt trip. The epilog makes it clear that V just disappears. There doesn't seem to be a way to contact his copy in any form.
You can also reject the contract, which means you wil take a shuttle home to Earth. After a short triumph and a middle finger toward that obnoxious physician, V realizes that he completely betrayed his dreams.
DlWxf6o.jpg

This is the only ending where V gets a message from Hanako Arasaka. Totally biz, of course.

Temperance
Here it comes, the most depressing ending. Here, V leaves his body to Johnny. I tried it from both quests, Panam's and Rogue's. In Panam's quest, it's V in the driver seat, in Rogue's , it's Johnny. The dialog uptions in cyberspace differ in both cases, as V is obviously much more concerned than Johnny. If Johnny doesn't cross the bridge in cyberspace, he basically destroys all bridges he has in Night City. Johnny already said it earlier in the game that, after all that time, he really has only two people who are actually willing to interact with him left in town, which are Rogue and Kerry, and while he knows V's friends, they see him as the construct that destroys V. He's left in Night City without anyone in the end. If you do Panam's quest, Rogue despises him and makes it clear that he should never return to Night City. Panam vows she will hunt him down. He avoids contacting Kerry or anyone else who knew V. If you do Rogue's quest, Rogue is also dead, so he is completely alone. Furthermore, V was Kerry's boyfriend in that version of my game, so contacting Kerry was even less of a good idea here (hey< I took your bf's body, but it's not available for you anymore, ha ha).

Johnny here rather literally buries V's dreams by giving his amulet a space in the Columbarium, subtly labeled "V, Dreamer", in case you didn't get what that means. If Rogue is dead, he also gets her a space. I guess the story with the talented kid whom he buys a guitar is meant to soften the blow somewhat. There will be at least one person in Night City who has a positive memory of him. Yay.
QyZkpqe.jpg

You may see a changed Johnny Silverhand as a good thing, but in the end, he came over as a broken man. Well, I guess he has many years in front of him to get over it, but it's a start from zero in a different town.

The Sun
I really like this one. Johnny does his quest with Rogue, who doesn't survive. V decides to go back into his body to live out his last days. Rogue's quest was pretty epic, the interlude in Night City (I had Kerry as romantic interest for V here) was a nice change of pace (their last exchange was well done, with Kerry having his own "There, I finally said it" moment), and the end in space is of course also epic, even if the end isn't completely clear. Except that V will die in some spectacular manner or succeed and die shortly after. Which is very "Cyberpunky".
ZQHnjCx.jpg

Very nice.

The Star
Panam's quest, where Saul conveniently dies. Plus some extras. Not sure how it plays in other constellations, but I had Panam as V's romantic interest here. Missions are okay, although the end wins the medal for most pointless driving scene. You can also see here when symbolism wins over setting considerations. No idea why the tunnel they used to flee in the end even exists when the corpos already know about it. Anyway, instead of the bridge to the light, we have the tunnel as a symbol of rebirth here. The amulet, as a symbol of V's old dreams, gets blown away by the wind in favor of his new life, which isn't alone. I guess that, even without Panam, he has lots of friends in this ending, so the imagery ends in a very positive light. Star light, of course, given the title.
Y07l6nW.jpg

Of course, even here, the last you hear is V having pain when the screen fades to black. So far for "happy ending".
I guess I need a bit of a break from the game now. The story is emotionally quite engaging, at least I think so. And no, I won't forget the game in two weeks. I don't really replay games often, but let's see if anything happens to the game that will make me do this in a few months from now. As CDPR games don't really tend to be very moddable, I don't see this becoming any mainstay like many Bethesda games, at least as far as the single player game is concerned. Anyway, I enjoyed the game for the most part.

Last edited:

Pegultagol

Erudite
I can see a DLC for this game where the 'real' event in the Arasaka bombings play out, with Blackhand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom