Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Selaco - A Doom engine FPS inspired by FEAR and the classics - coming to Early Access in May

PaquoCastor

Novice
I posted this crap:
Then thou hast lost an eight. The codex is the most prestigious crpg forums in all the lands. But yes their views on doom are rather decline, I mean a lot of their user base prefers GZDoom, need I say more? As for the casual isms, that's what allows such gold to be mined from the dex. I've learned more about crpgs, game design, and proper play from there than anywhere else. Maybe instead of enforcing civil religion, it's better to just call a spade a spade, and assume people have the intelligence and wisdom to sort them out themselves. If that requires one to be above average to engage, is anything of value truly lost? Or do we need only places wherein the average tumblr refugee can interact?

If yes, then where is the place for niche titles? Like see the "wars" between turn based and RTwP. I saw a user that frequents many official crpg forums who is extremely anti turned based. I once suggested slightly obscure (read: not at all) "classics" and he told me he wasn't looking for new games. I was shocked and awed, if you are not in the market, then why do games have to cater to you and not others? To be fair, RTwP is more niche, but I can't count on one hand how often I see this irrational remark. (I can count up to thirty-one on a hand.) And as an enthusiast of blobbers, a term popularized, in no small part, by the codex, it really irks me when someone "suggests" that a blobber would be better if it was third-person, thus completely missing the point.

Which reminds me of the boomer shooter issue, and in for a penny, might as well go in for a pound. thirty year old Boomer is such a product of {current_year} but what's the issue. Memes y'all! I can't wait to see the amount of counter namers like the gridder steam group, the dungeon crawler website, or the drpg book. The latter two just feign ignorance of culture, and the first is a name for someone who plays gridiron, heh. All three should, by name alone, include Rogue, while blobber partitions Wizardry from Rogue. Also, Doom is arguably a dungeon crawler, insomuch as Dandy Dungeon/Gauntlet is.

As for this project, looks cool, but not my cuppa, seems too modern, and I only really like id-esque shooters; and that garbage Blizzard game for some reason. But I'm a filthy popamole casual of unique tastes. I do, however, actually prefer female protagonists due to my affliction of gynephillia, just see my all female Wiz8 party. According to Twitter that makes me a terf, but if it's transphobic to accept decades of homosexual avocational science, I'll gladly be transphobic every damn day of the week.

I wish you luck, but I feel less a doomer every year. Well I'll never find my people, for they do not exist, guess I'll be like Michael and find a hole in the ground.

P.S. long live [adjective][species]!

and got this warning:
I can't tell what you're saying in a lot of this post, but it doesn't seem good. An off-topic rant, if nothing else.

And that's Doomworld.

Citizen

Classic gay-dex, putting fag back into oldfag.

I'd say, give more games with actual sexy female protags, I need to rest my eyes after years of ugly short-haired dykes in videogames

Goldschmidt

Learned
Classic gay-dex, putting fag back into oldfag.

I'd say, give more games with actual sexy female protags, I need to rest my eyes after years of ugly short-haired dykes in videogames

TOW.png

sera.jpg

madhouse

Who cares about the dykes? The gameplay looks mediocre. Those two seconds of shooting aren't anything special. Interactivity is nice and all, but the bread and butter of shooter games is (lol) shooting. I have a strong aversion to anything that markets itself as retro, indie and [more buzzwords]. I want more games that market themselves as innovative in a meaningful way, not a re-hash of something done to death already and absolutely not a pseudo-scam with devs begging for money to put out a mediocre product with unrealistic promises.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

I swear, those are Strife enemy shooting sprites! :D

Also, I love how people are moaning about the Codex, while Doomworld is the biggest online congregation of furries, transsexuals and generally unpleasant SJW types on the internet.

lightbane

Arcane
and got this warning:
I can't tell what you're saying in a lot of this post, but it doesn't seem good. An off-topic rant, if nothing else.
Lolz. "I don't understand what you're saying, but it sounds mean, so you're banned!"
Resetera-tier of moderation. No wonder that community produces school-shooters.

Also, I love how people are moaning about the Codex, while Doomworld is the biggest online congregation of furries, transsexuals and generally unpleasant SJW types on the internet.
Also very bitter and resentful of those successful, seeing the constant sabotage of Brutal Doom and other WADs. I remember that The Community is Falling represented them as horrible prima donnas at best, self-centered autists with no skills of any kind at worst. Tormentor's representation here was glorious. Too bad that WAD is boring and too long for its own good.

Curratum

and got this warning:
Lolz. "I don't understand what you're saying, but it sounds mean, so you're banned!"
Resetera-tier of moderation. No wonder that community produces school-shooters.

Also very bitter and resentful of those successful, seeing the constant sabotage of Brutal Doom and other WADs. I remember that The Community is Falling represented them as horrible prima donnas at best, self-centered autists with no skills of any kind at worst. Tormentor's representation here was glorious. Too bad that WAD is boring and too long for its own good.

I never played Community is Falling, maybe I should, if it does contain a few good chuckles.

Ash

Arcane
Interested in the game and most likely will play. However, I got triggered by the woman too. Not because she is a woman. I've enjoyed playing as numerous women over the years. This time I was triggered because a) it is current year and so I assumed pandering, and more importantly b) because she seems like a timid character. I will self insert nonetheless but I play FPS like a maniac jumping all over the place slaughtering everything. this girl however comes across as timid, so it will be totally out of place with my mindset and playstyle. She is NOT cold badass classic Lara Croft. to make this a successful character with most FPS gamers, this will need to be made horror themed and perhaps even slow paced, or the character should go back to the drawing board. That other female protag FPS viscerafest also works because the character is high energy, bloodthirsty and insane, matching the common FPS playstyle. I self-inserted as Jill Valentine in Resident Evil 1 just fine because the game is horror themed and slow paced. she was scared, I was scared, we were scared together (fuck off I was a kid alright).
This seems like some major and very silly oversight that has me questioning the dev's competence, but I like the look of everything else so benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Citizen

I posted this crap:

Then thou hast lost an eight. The codex is the most prestigious crpg forums in all the lands. But yes their views on doom are rather decline, I mean a lot of their user base prefers GZDoom, need I say more? As for the casual isms, that's what allows such gold to be mined from the dex. I've learned more about crpgs, game design, and proper play from there than anywhere else. Maybe instead of enforcing civil religion, it's better to just call a spade a spade, and assume people have the intelligence and wisdom to sort them out themselves. If that requires one to be above average to engage, is anything of value truly lost? Or do we need only places wherein the average tumblr refugee can interact?

If yes, then where is the place for niche titles? Like see the "wars" between turn based and RTwP. I saw a user that frequents many official crpg forums who is extremely anti turned based. I once suggested slightly obscure (read: not at all) "classics" and he told me he wasn't looking for new games. I was shocked and awed, if you are not in the market, then why do games have to cater to you and not others? To be fair, RTwP is more niche, but I can't count on one hand how often I see this irrational remark. (I can count up to thirty-one on a hand.) And as an enthusiast of blobbers, a term popularized, in no small part, by the codex, it really irks me when someone "suggests" that a blobber would be better if it was third-person, thus completely missing the point.

Which reminds me of the boomer shooter issue, and in for a penny, might as well go in for a pound. thirty year old Boomer is such a product of {current_year} but what's the issue. Memes y'all! I can't wait to see the amount of counter namers like the gridder steam group, the dungeon crawler website, or the drpg book. The latter two just feign ignorance of culture, and the first is a name for someone who plays gridiron, heh. All three should, by name alone, include Rogue, while blobber partitions Wizardry from Rogue. Also, Doom is arguably a dungeon crawler, insomuch as Dandy Dungeon/Gauntlet is.

As for this project, looks cool, but not my cuppa, seems too modern, and I only really like id-esque shooters; and that garbage Blizzard game for some reason. But I'm a filthy popamole casual of unique tastes. I do, however, actually prefer female protagonists due to my affliction of gynephillia, just see my all female Wiz8 party. According to Twitter that makes me a terf, but if it's transphobic to accept decades of homosexual avocational science, I'll gladly be transphobic every damn day of the week.

I wish you luck, but I feel less a doomer every year. Well I'll never find my people, for they do not exist, guess I'll be like Michael and find a hole in the ground.

P.S. long live [adjective][species]!

Well your writing style is cancer, if I were some sort of power tripping webforum mod I'd also delete this shit of a post on first sight

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
female protagonist in the 90s: space criminal in space prison, kills shit and doesnt afraid of anything
female protagonist in 2020s: you go guuurl *poses in front of mirror* GURL POWUR!!! (heh, stupid white males)

Riskbreaker

Safest way to approach Doomworld is as if it was a SA subforum. Good chunk of older members are goons with all that entails and with any community of that size its 'culture' tends to colonize new members.
Just keep that mind and act accordingly.

Yeah, ignore the other pointed out issues like clunky gameplay, sure.
You know, you oughta wait for them to show some actual gameplay before you proceed to 'point out its clunkyness'.

Melcar

Arcane
People throw the "clunky gameplay" shit too often. Animations do look like shit tho, but it's an early build.

lightbane

Arcane
I never played Community is Falling, maybe I should, if it does contain a few good chuckles.
There's a trilogy of it. No idea if the first two are worth it, I only played a little of the 3rd one, but it seemed to autistic for me. I suppose if you like the Nameless Mod for Desu Ex, you'll like this one.

this girl however comes across as timid, so it will be totally out of place with my mindset and playstyle

The shit writing bit, also known as "ludonarrative dissonance" by fakejournos. Funnily enough started by nu-Lara Croft, although other games had it as well.

You know, you oughta wait for them to show some actual gameplay before you proceed to 'point out its clunkyness'.

True, but the animations seems clunky already and not that good IMO. We'll have to see how this progresses.

Safest way to approach Doomworld is as if it was a SA subforum. Good chunk of older members are goons with all that entails and with any community of that size its 'culture' tends to colonize new members. Just keep that mind and act accordingly.

Soo, hyperautistic pieces of shit with no lives of their own that should be ridiculed whenever possible? At least the forum doesn't seem to be a "pay to do anything in it" style. Or is it?
Perhaps it doesn't have pedobears as mod as well.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Soo, hyperautistic pieces of shit with no lives of their own that should be ridiculed whenever possible? At least the forum doesn't seem to be a "pay to do anything in it" style. Or is it?
Perhaps it doesn't have pedobears as mod as well.

Are you talking about the Codex or Doomworld? Because from this thread I'm getting kinda confused. Imagine managing to have a thread that makes me think "uh, those guys at Doomworld are less autistic than Codexers".

Quite a feat.

But Riskbreaker is correct, we have nothing to judge the game upon and the "WYMMIN BAD" people here don't even play games after all.

Ash

Arcane
True, but the animations seems clunky already and not that good IMO. We'll have to see how this progresses.

What are you referring to, the choppiness? Doom has like 4 sprites or animation frames for its shotgun pump action animation and never more than that for any weapon. This appears to have say twice that (I'm not an animator). Prodeus seems to have the same level of detail too and that's a mid budget dev. I agree frame-lacking choppy animations like this are hard to swallow but don't get too caught up on it in a Doom-derived game made by a presumably tiny team. Prodeus otoh should be criticized.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
female protagonist in the 90s: space criminal in space prison, kills shit and doesnt afraid of anything
female protagonist in 2020s: you go guuurl *poses in front of mirror* GURL POWUR!!! (heh, stupid white males)

You can tell this is where they are going with the "you can do this girl".

Nice catch phrase. Will surely stand next to Duke Nukem and Lo Wang just like the Bombshell chick from Ion Maiden did.

Why even bother with this talkie shit when you can't write a funny character for shit just go with a silent protag.

Ash

Arcane
I get the impression they're going for a more serious tone, not humor, movie quotes and catch phrases. They actually want her to be a believable character, but again it will be hard to make that connection and take it seriously when she's acting timid while I'm run n gunning (and jumping) like a roided up nukem maniac.

I will also admit that line made me cringe nonetheless. Sure women can wield guns and be badass, but it's far from an everyday thing and I don't want this girl power agenda shoved down my throat as it has been for the past however many years now, or forced into my games. Not necessarily being what this game is doing, but collectively it's getting a bit much. Look simps, being a nu male soy boy will not win you your queen's pussy. You need to grow balls as step 1, not shrivel them into soy beans. For all women's bullshit they can't get enough masculinity.

If you ask me FEAR is not much a game to be inspired by (overrated but still decent), but it does seem to hold some influence in this game including with a more serious tone.

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
Having a timid anime waifu as your main character does not convey the "serious tone" they apparently are after.

Ash

Arcane
Why not? Ghost in the Shell is a serious anime. Nausicaa is a serious anime. I'd say what tone is conveyed merely from character concept art depends on the finer details, and this character art is pretty tame, e.g no huge boobs in low-cut top as is the internet dweeb's standard, she's fully dressed, she's looking ahead with determination rather than seductively looking at the viewer. I give this one a pass....normally, but then the in-game HUD tutorials/personal assitant thing as a jumping anime girl-looking thing.
...and curiously, the vending machine is this barbie bot thing, and the base announcer bot is female, in fact everything helpful and good is female, and the bad guys are the only males. Perhaps this is looking too deep into some trailer of a hentai-loving basement dweller's Doom mod though.

image.png.ba72c0b8ce927ea0e916b2dc87f59cd4.png

Damn it, cute design and good art style. I feel ashamed of myself whenever I feel some mild biological acknowledgement of cartoon characters. I stopped jacking it to hentai when I was 12 though. Nice try devs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom