Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vatnik Wumao
I'm wondering why they haven't added all of the races that'll be available on release in the EA. Datamining shows that the race-based dialogue is already in place and it's not like the racial models haven't already been already created for some of them (e.g. Duergar NPCs, although I wouldn't even go as far as to call it a distinct model from the Dwarven one).

lycanwarrior

Scholar
The first thing I really dislike about "BG3" is the outrageous price for an early access.
I managed to finish D:OS 2 but got both triggered and bored with it's TB combat, looting/equipment, wacky writing and overall mechanics, and from what I've seen, BG3 is a glorified copy-paste.
I was hoping for a grandiose, darker, and easily moddable cRPG since we really lack choice in that regard in modern games, instead we get another D:OS.
Such a lazy and uninspired approach.

Makes me wonder if they will raise the price once it exits Early Access...hopefully not.

For me, I will wait until the official release.

I've only gotten a few RPGs recently in Early Access in order to support the development so that it will actually come out. Larian in this case certainly won't have any problems in that department.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

What's the most awkward one? Lyp sync has come a long way, but I think I prefer faux-Enya to faux-Madonna (Ray of Light era).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Homeage to BIO!

Not only did they take BG3 off BIO's hands they also ripped off DA' most awakward scene.

are they gonna do DA 5 after BIO goes under? :P

Bara

Arcane
Don't think I've heard any game soundtracks that could beat Kirill's magic but the DOS2 ost was still pretty decent to good.

I don't know why you complain. It's Larian, the fact that she isn't farting on a talking cat or squirrel is already an improvement.
They can do better though. Main theme for example is quite decent.
I don't particularly like it, either. But it's not annoying.

Then again, nostalgic value aside I never though particularly highly of the original BG theme either.

Black

Arcane
I don't know why you complain. It's Larian, the fact that she isn't farting on a talking cat or squirrel is already an improvement.
They can do better though. Main theme for example is quite decent.
Main theme and music in general were made by a Slav so it should be good-
This "song" reeks of an intern with too much coffee in their system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom