Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
Speaking of spoilers. Also, there is a moment where Evelyn tries to cut Dex out of the deal and you have the option of telling him about it, if you do it, he increases your share of the run and I was there like a fool thinking "Hey, Dex wont betray me like on the gameplay trailers,clever CDPR, of course they actually changed things, of course they wont make Dex betray you because that would be absolutely retarded as they would be spoiling one of the major points of the game on fucking E3, no developer would be THAT retardred."

After the biochip mission I was:
:prosper:
It was on that point that I got it that I was on a very special kind of ride. Special olympics kind of ride.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
Speaking of spoilers. Also, there is a moment where Evelyn tries to cut Dex out of the deal and you have the option of telling him about it, if you do it, he increases your share of the run and I was there like a fool thinking "Hey, Dex wont betray me like on the gameplay trailers,clever CDPR, of course they actually changed things, of course they wont make Dex betray you because that would be absolutely retarded as they would be spoiling one of the major points of the game on fucking E3, no developer would be THAT retardred."

After the bioship mission I was:
It was on that point that I got it that I was on a very special kind of ride. Special olympics kind of ride.
I'm pretty sure when people were asking
if Jackie always dies
, CDPR were also like: "That's only one of the ways that mission can go."

Yeah, so much for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zer0wing

Cipher

After the bioship mission I was:
I'm pretty sure when people were asking if Jackie always dies, CDPR were also like: "That's only one of the ways that mission can go."

Yeah, so much for that.
Cut content counter broke on that quest. And it's not like the end-game is any more complete.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
They also shouldnt have cut that previous design where to actually access enemies, you should hack the local network first. Those places where you hack for money, they were supposedly to be breach points that you needed to physically hack before you could use quickhacks on people.
This.
The only real purpose of those terminals is to farm components to craft OP legendary quickhacks. The cash rewards and enemy debuffs are relatively minor, given how tedious that minigame is.
There are terminals with a hack/jack in option, but only for credits/components, given that there is never actionable intel in the emails and cameras settings are already unlocked.

I'm guessing CDPR removed it to placate consoletards.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This game is still a thing? I thought everyone already digested that uncooked fast food and moved on to other activities.
I'm still in shock of how a company managed to overcome Bethesda at being Bethesda on a single game, all my posts are consequences of PTSD caused by that experience.

Starwars

Arcane
I finished it, took me 77 hours according to STEAM. Think I did most of the story mission, might've been one or two lurking on the world map still.

Overall, my impressions of the game are similar to the Witcher 3. So many things that annoy me, so many design decisions I don't agree with. Yet, it also ends up way greater than the sum of its parts. And I think I prefer Cyberpunk to the Witcher 3 all in all.

I didn't have any gamestopping bugs but the game is definitely buggy. Most of the bugs are just the sorta dumb, almost fun variety that makes you roll your eyes. At least the ones I ran into.

Visually, the game is awesome. There are parts of the more human elements, clothing and such, that I think could've been done a lot more interesting. But overall, Night City looks fucking fantastic. There are certain moments in the game where it's damn beautiful. Audio is also great overall, though I wasn't a huge fan of most of the radio music present.

Gameplay-wise, a lot of it really just feels like The Witcher 3 - Cyberpunk edition. Especially how the open world is designed. The open world aspect is not particularly fun or deep most of the time. The way the fixers are handled is disappointing at best, and annoying at worst when you keep getting phone calls. Then you get a message with some backstory that I very rarely actually read and off you go. It's just... bleh.
The game has one big thing over The Witcher 3 in terms of gameplay, and that is the addition of stealth and hacking (using that term lightly) gameplay. Now, it is very, very simple. But it does at least give some additional layer to the gameworld that is just not murdering everyone. It doesn't sound like a lot but it does improve overall gameplay by quite a lot. I had way more fun with the gameplay of it than I had with the Witcher 3.

Storywise, it's a mixed bag. Johnny Silverhand ends up being a pretty ok character but I don't think Keanu's performance does a lot for the character at all. The whole interaction between V and him is a mixed bag. It feels confused. Now, sometimes that actually works very well with the sort of back and forth of wills, other times it really does end up feeling... well, confused in a bad way, like they didn't quite know how to write it. Overall, it grew on me and I ended up enjoying it though.

As with the Witcher 3, the atmosphere and occasional nice writing kinda carries the game in a lot of ways. CD Projekt RED has a nice way of hitting certain human notes at times in quests that kinda elevate their storylines a bit. I think this is true for Cyberpunk as well.

I went with a Corpo V and ended up following the... shall we say Corpo path, up until the end. I loved how depressing that felt actually. I mean, we've seen bad ends before but the way my playthrough ended up, I actually ended up feeling sorry for V. Didn't expect that.

Overall, I ended up enjoying the game quite a lot. As I said, it's more than the sum of its parts for me. Didn't really follow the hype train so I don't know what was promised or not but I had a good time.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you skip it, you're not missing out on anything spectacular, says the guy who has dumped 60 hours into the game. You could always skip all blue missions. Do gigs, side jobs and main quest. Don't be like me. I won't settle until I do everything, even though a shitty side quest is obstructing me from finishing another quest.

Turjan

Arcane
Hmm, the game actually expects you to play on after you finished the main story. You aren't only given items, though it's infuriating even those get re-rolled from the state you get them during the end missions. No, you can pick something else up.
You can actually go back to the Ebunike and visit a special room with a few items, but only one of those is special.
Icogkrn.png

Quite neat room, nevertheless.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm pretty sure when people were asking if Jackie always dies, CDPR were also like: "That's only one of the ways that mission can go."
Sixteen times the detail.
It just works.
See that mountain over there, you can climb it.
With Radiant Ai, NPCs will talk like real people.
200 different endings.

I mean, those polish bastards should hire a midget to do their presentations from now on.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I finished the game in about 90hrs. A lot has been discussed on the game's strengths and not-so-flattering points so far, but here's my two cents.

I think the open world structure did the game a lot of harm than any good it could gain by implementing such sprawling, and wasteful, areas. Driving sucks, walking sucks, everything about this open world sucks. I hate the way the reflections do not include your own character, as if the game is saying I don't belong and condemned forever to a warped ghost. You go up the mountain to view the open vistas and see the fake traffic congesting dirt roads middle of nowhere, going nowhere. Day is blindingly bright and night is garishly bright. In my opinion, there is almost nothing in terms of mechanics that the open world provides the game aside from spurts of unintentional hilarity amid a sea of tedium. It is quite appalling and frankly shocking how utterly useless and devoid of redeeming qualities this open world is in this game.

One thing that is quite obvious from the start are the numerous fast travel terminals that diminish the distance and size of areas in traversal, although they stood firm on providing lots of verticality by keeping those interminable last-gen elevator rides. It's almost as if CDPR detests their own creation and want people to move on to the next objective or Keanu moments as fast as possible rather than ogling all the little glitches and bugs. Honestly, I think it is beyond salvageable, they might as well put a big 'There is nothing to see here' sign on top of Arasaka Tower and be done with it. it is total uncanny black hole that saps the life out of environment and enjoyment the moment you step a foot in it. This is no living world, just instanced ambience projector that recedes into flat, fake, glitch-ridden background, good only for photo mode to show off your raytraced e-peen.

Speaking of that wasteful graphical fad, I harped on this game's obsession with raytracing from the moment the news became public and it probably is one reason why optimization flopped so hard on last gen consoles. They just had to reach for that poisoned apple of exclusivity and be another spatula in Jensen Huang's belt clip. Someone must've been on some coke-induced raging fever dream to suggest it runs well on PS4. The tragedy here is that the game looks perfectly fine and even quite glorious without this feature.

As for the game's written content, I was dead set against dealing with any Arasaka branch of main story from the beginning yet the game force feeds me more and more Arasaka crap like fattening up geese for slaughter. All leading up to that supposed mission past the point of no return where you meet someone critical and stumble onto a big decision moment a la some cheap, scripted game show where the final question wins you what feels like fat trimmings instead of foie gras, nevermind all the dialogues and choices I had to inspect due to unintentional crouching skipping them. My player agency matters like some cheap Joy Toy while the game flutters, preens, and finally suffocates in its cinematic splendor and gets ensnared in its own web of narratives.

All in all, dreadful gonk of a game weighed down by its own pretensions and ass backwards priorities of what makes a game an RPG or let alone, a game. I can't believe CDPR spent more than $350 million, 8 years, and 3 delays on this relic of a game, it's digital Cleopatra accelerating demise of high production, AAA-centric era, which is a positive in the end. Maybe if those $350 million weren't all spent on supplying coke to whoever suggested the game runs well on PS4, it might've given ample opportunity to many developers to hone their crafts to give fruition to their own bright ideas after setting out on their own paths of game development.

Verdict: Too much breathtaking, a sad flatlined footnote
:2/5:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So by the Codexer's is game shit or good one, becouse im at the point of decision to give it a further go after 17 hours or just forget about it for a year or so ?

It depends on your tolerance level for ridiculously easy popamole gameplay. If you can get off on something that's visually impressive and well-presented on the story side (with some actually quite good story quests), that has a big, visually immersive (but not very responsive) open world where you can pootle about aimlessly on the side, and lots of nooks and crannies to explore, then really it's all quite playable - you might be unlucky like some and have a whole succession of bugs, but tbqh in my 100 hours of play, the bugs haven't been all that bad, just occasionally jarring. If you can ignore, or laugh at the bugs, you can definitely get some fun out of it right now.

It's not a brilliant game in its present condition (though it has its moments), but there's more good than bad in it, on the whole (though only just).

I´m mostly liking the game, but damn, itemization/leveling is far worse than in Witcher 3. Also, fuck level scaling.

There are some parts that are specially infuriating. I think the "boxing" missions take the prize for the most derp design. The opponents aren't just scaled to have stupid HP, the hitbox is also fucked up so they hit you from a distance.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
So by the Codexer's is game shit or good one, becouse im at the point of decision to give it a further go after 17 hours or just forget about it for a year or so ?

It's worth playing, but if you are on the fence and don't have a burning passion to play it right now, wait. There are still very real gamebreaking bugs in it that can completely ruin your playthrough if you don't metagame around them.

It's also not the sort of game you will want to playthrough twice. So it might be worth waiting until all the DLC has been released, all the bugs are fixed, and you can just play everything in one go.

Just finished the racing questline. Surprised(?) that the tranny turned out to be such a petty pos. I win the race, get Sampson's sport car and I don't get the trannymobile. Win-win.

Turjan

Arcane
Just finished the racing questline. Surprised(?) that the tranny turned out to be such a petty pos. I win the race, get Sampson's sport car and I don't get the trannymobile. Win-win.
You can be a bit more diplomatic and get both.
Also, Sampson's car drives like shit. No grip.

I´m mostly liking the game, but damn, itemization/leveling is far worse than in Witcher 3. Also, fuck level scaling.

I beg your pardon? How the fuck can these things be worse than in Witcher 3? lol

Unfortunately, they are. Made worse by the obvious level scaling. I don't remember fistfights being so trash in W3 either. Here, except for the first fight all other opponents are HP bloated to the clouds. Now, I'm not going with a Body build, but right now in all fistfights, I'm taking a 1% of their health bar with each power attack (and they kill me in 2-3 blows). Fun.

I don't get the point of making a complicated "RPG" if you are just going to kill all sense of progression with scaling. I hit level 40 and all drops from random street thugs are legendaries. Thing is, that in W3 itemization was the one obvious fault, here there is far more wrong in the game.

I got that same feel from all The Quadra's I drove, and for the 225K hypercar, you can buy. Herrera's feel much better (and whatever the nomad-modded sports car is called).

Turjan

Arcane

I got that same feel from all The Quadra's I drove, and for the 225K hypercar, you can buy. Herrera's feel much better (and whatever the nomad-modded sports car is called).
The other Quadra you can get for free drives much better. I tested them one after the other, and it's no comparison. But yeah, some of the Mizutani Shion models beat the Quadras hands down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom