Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Trashos

Arcane
Lol, as per advice here I tried to stay out of it in the 2nd base defense, so that Aegis lose a lot of troops (I am planning to join the Pirates). They lost ALL troops, apparently. I was chewing bubblegum way at the back while Aegis were getting slaughtered, but eventually the natives reached me and I had to fight. At that point there were still a couple of sec troops left, who conveniently died just before I killed the last native.

So unless there is someone roaming on a sea patrol, I am the last Aegis troop. No troop is walking around the camp. I asked Briggs about our status and he didn't give me a troop number, he only said "the situation is bad".

There are still the laborers, the researchers, Briggs, Tony, Marcus, and Seeger around. I am going to check whether there are any sea patrols. If there aren't, maybe I do not have to murder the rest.

Trashos

Arcane
Ha! I got Philosophy III, finally!
This time the ferryman told me that his name is
George Powell.
Does he give a different name each playthrough? Maybe I remember wrong, but I think he gave me a different name last playthrough.

Tigranes

Arcane
Hoplite Juggernaut Man going swimmingly so far - just strolled into Buzzer's shop front door and smashed through. EMP, Taser, Net, Spear. But the key will be how to deal with heavily armoured enemies and the like.

I really wanted a 10con heavy armour shotgun maniac but once again just cant get into shotgun.

I had a build I made for someone who asked the same - tank build with shogun. It had all tank feats except thick skull I think, and all major shotgun build. But was tricky to lvl up.
If you want I re-invent it.

Yes please. Though I think my big issue with shotguns is more about their basic damage concept - I hate the fact that it divides up damage into pellets for both optimisation reasons and visceral reasons. Much more satisfying to do one big slam.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
upload_2021-1-9_20-28-44.png

Has anyone ran into this random event before? My level twelve light Spearman is having a tough time killing them all, and I'm wondering whether or not I should bother.

Yaz

Learned
Hey guys, have any of you seen this "time monk" build?
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUMC...twp3CocKgwp7Cn2zin4QB4p-FAuKnlwPisZYE4ragBd-_
It's not mine, the player who built it is called MolinaroK, it looks fun though. My questions are, is it a viable build after the psi-nerf? Secondly, is there anything in the build that you would change?

The only thing you pretty much have to do is increase Temporal Manipulation to deal with the changes to the ''Psi Haste.'' You'd probably have to touch either Hacking or Lockpicking. Some more Throwing won't hurt.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, should be OK. As for psi nerfs they really aren't some earth shattering downgrade in actual power. Just a bit of makework and flexibility loss.

PrettyDeadman

Damn, you did all content, didn't you? I finished early lvl28 in my last playthrough. I probably missed a ton of oddities in Expedition (didn't do any base attacks or the Marsh).

I am playing a versatility firearm pistol build myself rn, but I am mostly wearing infused rathound leather (instead of regalia) for the crits.
I reached level 29 before entering tchort institute by exploring and doing dlc. Ill probably get to level 30 before starting tchort stuff.

Trashos

Arcane
As it turns out, everyone was right: the Pirate angle is much more comfortable than the Aegis one. The Aegis angle has its own charm (mainly due to the characters), and as it was pointed out to me by Tigranes it must be done at least once for the lore. But after that first run, it is mostly masochism.

I think that Styg should ease up the Aegis angle a bit or alternatively provide it with more perks.

Question: Has anyone tried killing random jet skiers when noone is looking? Does anyone turn hostile because of it?

PrettyDeadman

As it turns out, everyone was right: the Pirate angle is much more comfortable than the Aegis one. The Aegis angle has its own charm (mainly due to the characters), and as it was pointed out to me by Tigranes it must be done at least once for the lore. But after that first run, it is mostly masochism.

I think that Styg should ease up the Aegis angle a bit or alternatively provide it with more perks.

Question: Has anyone tried killing random jet skiers when noone is looking? Does anyone turn hostile because of it?
I've read that noone really turns hostile, except npcs on that particular map, but if you ride stolen jet from a faction - members of that faction may turn hostile. Apparently random people on the waterways riding jets are in their own faction, and only them will turn hostile if they see you, but if protectorate are near - they will defend aggroed npcs (aka attack the one npcs where aggroed at).

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes please.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgcFA...KwKMKWOxUfwphVMVBfJMK1wqR64quGBeKzrAXit7AF378
This is mostly a template you could adjust.
You could go with 7 Con e.g. - this mean no Last Stand, but you could reach for Full Auto or Scrutinous faster - otherwise Scrurtinous only at lvl 28.
You could ditch Scroutinous and get Con 10 and Int 7 instead, to get Thick Skull and maybe one crafting perk, though I don't think they are interesting, and the one you would want to get is Armor Sloper which you can get already with 6 Int.
Or ditch Last Stand and 1 point from Int to get Sprint, though it doesn't look good.
Bear in mind Last Stand is useless without specialiing in it.
Tricky part is the order at which you get feats.
I didn't play tank much, almost at all so I can't say what exactly to level first.
Probably tank feats - Stoicism and Last Stand.
The stats you start with depends on what you would want first - e.g. 7 Con 9 Per 6 Will allow to quickly grab Stoicism - but is it good early on?
So you can start with lss Will and like, 7 Str and get Full Auto earlier.

I think shotgunner don't need Thick Skull, so 9 Con.

Hope this will help.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
You guys got any input on the worth/usefulness of Ambush for a crossbow build? Always seemed too specialized and unreliable as opposed to other stealthy feats.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes please.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgcFA...KwKMKWOxUfwphVMVBfJMK1wqR64quGBeKzrAXit7AF378
This is mostly a template you could adjust.
You could go with 7 Con e.g. - this mean no Last Stand, but you could reach for Full Auto or Scrutinous faster - otherwise Scrurtinous only at lvl 28.
You could ditch Scroutinous and get Con 10 and Int 7 instead, to get Thick Skull and maybe one crafting perk, though I don't think they are interesting, and the one you would want to get is Armor Sloper which you can get already with 6 Int.
Or ditch Last Stand and 1 point from Int to get Sprint, though it doesn't look good.
Bear in mind Last Stand is useless without specialiing in it.
Tricky part is the order at which you get feats.
I didn't play tank much, almost at all so I can't say what exactly to level first.
Probably tank feats - Stoicism and Last Stand.
The stats you start with depends on what you would want first - e.g. 7 Con 9 Per 6 Will allow to quickly grab Stoicism - but is it good early on?
So you can start with lss Will and like, 7 Str and get Full Auto earlier.

I think shotgunner don't need Thick Skull, so 9 Con.

Hope this will help.

Thanks. My current Spear Juggernaut is running it fairly lean at just Juggernaut + Conditioning, no Stoicism, no Fast Metabolism, no Last Stand, and it's done OK - easy early game, harder as it goes on as enemies start to curve ahead of the not-quite-maximised tankiness. Instead I went for Thick Skull, Grenadier, and Sprint - so more of a 'compromised' build but often it is such QoL godsend to have those things.

Fast Metabolism I do think should be taken, though. Combine with regen vest to really keep the HP up or it goes away fast.

Just forgot that apparently Plasma Grenade blueprints are a bitch to find without Coretech, and nobody's selling good Galvanic padding right now, so crab fights are just sitting there with 80% electric resist tacvest and killing them slowly over 80 turns. Is there ever a reason not to go Coretech??

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Just forgot that apparently Plasma Grenade blueprints are a bitch to find without Coretech, and nobody's selling good Galvanic padding right now, so crab fights are just sitting there with 80% electric resist tacvest and killing them slowly over 80 turns. Is there ever a reason not to go Coretech??
if you craft electronics at all, always go coretech. If you got hacking then their utility to put robots in berserk mode is sweet too

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes. I thought after 2 runs on coretech previously, this time I'd go for Protectorate. But AI Scrambler + Plasma is a blessing that nobody else can match, frankly.

Billy Pilgrim

Novice
The only thing you pretty much have to do is increase Temporal Manipulation to deal with the changes to the ''Psi Haste.'' You'd probably have to touch either Hacking or Lockpicking. Some more Throwing won't hurt.

Yeah, should be OK. As for psi nerfs they really aren't some earth shattering downgrade in actual power. Just a bit of makework and flexibility loss.

Thanks, Yaz and Tigranes.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
On my previous run I wanted to sell ACONR to Aran - but after coming back from Expedition I took my time: did some stuff, explored some locations and such. So, I come to the bar and Aran is gone - barmen tells me that "colorful" looking guy is gone. Fella is little impatient, eh?

was watching closely on my last playthrough with merchant secret stock. Obviously its best to use both but in general it was coretech that provided best mats for me.
Coretech is better on average, but Oculus has better quality overall though with lower spawn chances. Since I have little time for conventional trading rounds I choose Oculus.

Reloading traders provides some useful info. I was reloading Black Eels trader, Gort and Old Geezer before even doing Depot A and sometimes they have Plasma Grenade and Shield blueprints. Check them out often if you interested.

Tygrende

Arbiter
You guys got any input on the worth/usefulness of Ambush for a crossbow build? Always seemed too specialized and unreliable as opposed to other stealthy feats.
Ambush is amazing in general. It is situational, yes, but situational 100% cirt chance is still 100% crit chance and crossbows do rely on crits a lot. You can make your own light with molotovs, so it works as long as you can find a dark spot to shoot from, so most of the time really. Even at places like that are mostly lit up like Apogee, there's still some dark corners you can 1-shot everyone from.

That said, it's a bit less useful for crossbows because you get the same effect from Deadly Snares. But getting things into bear traps is often harder than just getting them to stand in light, so it's still pretty useful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom