Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2020 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bloody hell that was a sparse list.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The poll is long, with over 70 games, but just scroll past all the games you didn't play and focus on the ones you did.
Finding 70 RPGs in 2020 is impressive. Then again, you are including things like phoenix project which is technically neither an RPG nor a 2020 game :M (still gave it a 3. To a starving man everything looks like a meal)

I didn't rate anything a 4 but if I had to pick which of the 3s was best, I think I'd have to go with Troubleshooter....

are we sure I can't pick Colony ship combat demo for best RPG? It was basically just a sequence of fights, but seeing the rest of the lineup I think it might stand a chance!

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I've been stuck at home doing practically nothing but playing games for the past year and I've only played one game on that list.. :lol:

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
Finally, a chance for RPGOTY1 Assassin's Creed Valhalla and RPGOTY2 Cyberpunk 2077 to claim the Codexian legacy they deserve.

The Jester

Cipher
So you're saying that anyone outside or inside of the RPG CODEX can vote in RPG CODEX 2020 GOTY...
How does this differ from any other random voting on the Internet?
It doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I completely forgot Horizon's Gate came out in 2020!.

The right thing to do is to give Eldiran this win!
Even if I liked Voidspire a tad more

Generally seeing the end of year list it feels a bit barren. I have been pretty generous with 4/4s because of that.

There is one more rpg I played this year that I did not see in the lists, it is the Dark Crystal Tactics And while that surprised me a bit with being significantly more than just soulless advertising shovelware, I would still be the only one who has actually played it together with grimace.

You could also put Vagrus: The Riven Realms in there, but that is still in early access.
Then again so is Cyberpunk

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't play a single one on that list.

It's funny that C&C Remastered and AoE3: Definitive Edition were the best games released this year and that I played. I did complete ATOM RPG and Terminator Resistance as well but they counts to 2019.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh yeah and the FFVII Remake didn't make the list, neither as a new game nor as a remaster.
Can't say I really care tho, It is a game pretty much exclusively for people who played the original FFVII and it is quite literally just half a story.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh yeah and the FFVII Remake didn't make the list, neither as a new game nor as a remaster.
It's console only.

Shouldn't Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition be in the PC ports category?
Yeah, my bad, I'll move it when posting the results. Wasn't actually going to add it, but then PC gamer voted AssAssCreed for RPG of the Year, and if that's an RPG, so is Horizon I guess...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
felipepepe

So, out of curiosity, I clicked on the poll again after submitting my votes. My previous entries are not there.

Does this mean someone could spam the poll 50 times if they wanted to? Did clicking the link a second time nullify my votes?

Please explain.
It's the same system I've been using since 2014, this was explained dozens of times already... the poll doesn't require login, so it doesn't save your vote for editing. But you're not supposed to keep editing your vote anyway, if you need to change something, tell me your vote and I'll erase the first one.

In theory you could indeed vote 50 times, and some assholes do that, but there are ways to spot it & prevent it.

This system seems about as sound as the US elections. How do you spot and prevent spergs and ragers giving thousands of "1s" to Cyberpunk?

Corvinus

Arcane
It's the same system I've been using since 2014
In theory you could indeed vote 50 times, and some assholes do that
if people keep abusing it, why haven't you changed the system?
Google sheets is easy, fast and decently reliable. I tried doing a voting that required you to be logged in the Codex, but that took way longer and requires tempting the gods by asking DU to do it for me. And the results were basically the same.

It's too much of a hassle to have a transparent voting system. And hey, I couldn't censor unwanted votes with you guys looking. Also I'm a fucking lazy shill who is convinced that I'm better than you lot.

Are you working for Dominion, you dishonest piece of shit? CODEX GOTY POLL FOR REGISTERED CODEX MEMBERS ONLY, TRANSPARENT VOTING THREAD SORELY NEEDED

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It's the same system I've been using since 2014
In theory you could indeed vote 50 times, and some assholes do that
if people keep abusing it, why haven't you changed the system?
Google sheets is easy, fast and decently reliable. I tried doing a voting that required you to be logged in the Codex, but that took way longer and requires tempting the gods by asking DU to do it for me. And the results were basically the same.

It's too much of a hassle to have a transparent voting system. And hey, I couldn't censor unwanted votes with you guys looking. Also I'm a fucking lazy shill who is convinced that I'm better than you lot.

Are you working for Dominion, you dishonest piece of shit? CODEX GOTY POLL FOR REGISTERED CODEX MEMBERS ONLY, TRANSPARENT VOTING THREAD SORELY NEEDED
Here you go, have fun: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/codex-goty-2020-not-the-official-codex-goty.136400/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom