Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2020 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
SteamSpy shows 1843 games with "RPG" tag were released in 2020. Sorry, but I can't possibly list all of them.
Perhaps next year we should have a nomination round followed by voting round to alleviate this issue.
ahhh do you want shift trough 1k shovelware games shat on steam?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
For the last two years i have seen you shit and bitch about games constantly......but i don't remember you liking any RPGs. Sooo what did you like that was made in the last two years? Also the argument "muh 2020 and the list are shit because i haven't played any games made this year" is retarded lol. If you people have stopped playing games,then why the fuck are spamming your shit in here? Go join reeera and talk about politics or something,or even ask the admins to restrict you only to the political subforum.

Wow, looks like you're the one who should read the RPG forums a bit more, i've done nothing but playing and talking about RPG in here for 2 years...

And i even liked a handful of recent releases if you cared to read the threads about actual RPG.

Have you thought of marrying felipepe and creating RPG VN Walking simulator garbage dot com together?

A horse of course

Tags: GOTY 2020

Ladies and gentlemen, once again it is time!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2020 GOTY poll is now open: VOTE HERE

It goes without saying that 2020 wasn't the best of years, but we still got a decent offering in titles like Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk, Troubleshooters and Horizon's Gate. Is up to you to help sort them out and figure what's worthy of a closer look. Since we barely had any DLC/Expansion this year besides Outer Worlds and Borderlands, we'll skip the category this year - we'll just rate the year's best RPGs and the best ports/remasters.

The poll is long, with over 70 games, but just scroll past all the games you didn't play and focus on the ones you did.

I'll run the poll for 1 week, until Jan 17, at 12:00 JST. Results should come out a few days later.

Cheers!

Shut up.

Black

Arcane
Why do we even need RPGCOCKED GOTY 2020 VOTE NOW when the whole years has been worthless? Just skip it, that'll at least send a message.

V_K

Arcane
You don't get it, even if it sucks Marvel's Avengers was one of the biggest games of the year. Fates of Ort is one of dozens of tiny isometric RPGs with a handful of reviews on Steam. If I start adding those AND obscure Ultima-clones AND every game made by someone from the Codex, that poll would easily list hundreds of games and be unusable.
By that logic, why do a poll like this at all? The usual popularity contest would suffice just fine if what we're rating are "biggest games of the year".

Mortmal

Arcane
You don't get it, even if it sucks Marvel's Avengers was one of the biggest games of the year. Fates of Ort is one of dozens of tiny isometric RPGs with a handful of reviews on Steam. If I start adding those AND obscure Ultima-clones AND every game made by someone from the Codex, that poll would easily list hundreds of games and be unusable.
By that logic, why do a poll like this at all? The usual popularity contest would suffice just fine if what we're rating are "biggest games of the year".

The amount of butthurt , all the abuse felipepe is getting, that alone is worth it. Felipepe poll's are becoming an everlasting codex tradition.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm confused by this statement. Is this poll supposed to be an RPG Codex poll, or a general industry popularity poll? You can't call this an RPG Codex poll and then whine when people wonder why you're adding tasteless crud like Marvel's Avengers instead of games that actually appeal to the Codexer. Since when has mass appeal been a cornerstone of importance to the Codex?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would have given 5 to CP2077, but it wasn't implemented on release.

I guess we'll get a free DLC with the option '5' later on?

Goldschmidt

Learned
I didn't play a single one on that list, as such I didn't vote at all. I had to youtube all these games and there is way too much hentai for my taste. An absolute obsolete shiet year.

EDIT: Wolcen is dogshit. I got a feelin that the codexers going to vote Wasteland 3 as their prime rpg from 2020.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I agree that you shouldn't try to exhaustively add every RPG to the poll. But if somebody found it noteworthy enough to suggest adding it, maybe that's a good enough criteria.

felipe, my point is that if somebody cares enough to ask for a specific game to be added to the poll in this thread, that in itself might be evidence that the game is important enough to be on the poll. A kind of "Codexer test", if you will. Within reason and ignoring obvious trolls, of course.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm confused by this statement. Is this poll supposed to be an RPG Codex poll, or a general industry popularity poll? You can't call this an RPG Codex poll and then whine when people wonder why you're adding tasteless crud like Marvel's Avengers instead of games that actually appeal to the Codexer. Since when has mass appeal been a cornerstone of importance to the Codex?
Seriously? There's 70+ games in the poll, it's not "Avengers vs Cyberpunk".

Besides, "actually appeal to the Codexer"? Fates of Ort has a tiny 2 page thread with like 5 people discussing it, with comments like "an ok game, but not much of an RPG." Sorry if I think that rating one of biggest AAA flops of the year is more interesting than this.

felipe, my point is that if somebody cares enough to ask to add a game to the poll in this thread, that in itself might be evidence that the game is important enough to be on the poll. A kind of "Codexer test". Within reason and ignoring obvious trolls, of course.
There's a big difference between multiple people saying "game X is missing" and one dude going "I played Y for a while, was ok". We would have hundreds of games, it would be a mess. We're rating the most relevant games of the year, not every title released.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Seriously? There's 70+ games in the poll, it's not "Avengers vs Cyberpunk".

Besides, "actually appeal to the Codexer"? Fates of Ort has a tiny 2 page thread with like 5 people discussing it, with comments like "an ok game, but not much of an RPG." Sorry if I think that rating one of biggest AAA flops of the year is more interesting than this.

felipe, my point is that if somebody cares enough to ask to add a game to the poll in this thread, that in itself might be evidence that the game is important enough to be on the poll. A kind of "Codexer test". Within reason and ignoring obvious trolls, of course.
There's a big difference between multiple people saying "game X is missing" and one dude going "I played Y for a while, was ok". We would have hundreds of games, it would be a mess. We're rating the most relevant games of the year, not every title released.

At least add Realms of Antiquity, its great

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This poll should be boycotted. Do not vote in it. It is unnecessarily technical and I am certain the pollster has no idea what he's doing beyond making fancy looking graphs. Also the methods by which the results are selected are suspect and are demonstrably biased from the last year. This should not be the official process of judging anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom