Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Bliblablubb

Arcane
In the end, they settled for an Ultracite Battery.
I hope the plot twist there will be the Brohood deciding to use nukes to create more ultrashite ore. To give them an edge in preventing Bad_Guys(tm) from... using nukes.

Remember kids: only the Brotherhood of Steel-be-with-you knows how to handle nefarious tech right! :salute:

Codex Year of the Donut

DeepOcean

Arcane
Does this thing still have players? Last time I've seen stats on Steam, there are some old singleplayer games on steam that have more players than this thing.

Myobi

Liturgist
It's actually pretty funny, it has the same number of players as New Vegas, half of the Fallout 4 players, according to Steam Charts.

ADL

Prophet
I have serious doubts about those numbers. Too many people slacked off on the "free Steam copy" redeem period and a lot of people didn't want to give up their atoms earned on Bethesda.net

Myobi

Liturgist
I have serious doubts about those numbers. Too many people slacked off on the "free Steam copy" redeem period and a lot of people didn't want to give up their atoms earned on Bethesda.net

This website is facilitated by a web frontend service and a data collector service that queries the Steam Web API. The collector queries the number of concurrent players on an hourly interval for every single game in the Steam catalog, and has been collecting data since July of 2012. The services are written in Go and the data is stored and managed with PostgreSQL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Codex Year of the Donut

This website is facilitated by a web frontend service and a data collector service that queries the Steam Web API. The collector queries the number of concurrent players on an hourly interval for every single game in the Steam catalog, and has been collecting data since July of 2012. The services are written in Go and the data is stored and managed with PostgreSQL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He's saying most people don't play it through Steam.

Myobi

Liturgist

Then its not on “those” numbers that he should have doubts.

Makes sense though, but it doesn’t necessarily translate into “most people don't play it through Steam”.

But now I’m hella curious, does Bethesda share any of this information?

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

Makes sense though, but it doesn’t necessarily translate into “most people don't play it through Steam”.

No reason to unless you have investors.

It's actually pretty funny, it has the same number of players as New Vegas, half of the Fallout 4 players, according to Steam Charts.

Ironic since it's a 2x better game than Fallout 4, and 10x better than 3. It's made by B-teamers who don't share Pagliarulo's retardation. (to think that guy worked on Thief...)

It's actually incline that even with all those sales, Fallout 4 only gets 2x more than New Vegas. Yeah, I know, Frontier, but people download it because they like New Vegas, nuff said.

So is this still a thing?

Hard to say. But for what it is, in terms of storytelling, as well as gameplay and settlement CAMP building, it's inifinitely better that 3/4.

As I said above, it was made by some B-teamers, who were actually trying to prove their worth in writing/worldbuilding, instead of doubling down on FO3/4 sewage.

Encouraged by 76, which I got on Wastelanders sale and found surprisingly decent enough, I torrented obtained 4, and there's no way you can finish that dull piece of shit. It was, after Survival mode's "early level Hell", so boring and lackluster that I abandoned it after the 1st quest in Far Harbor and never looked back again, booting up New Vegas for the 8th time.

Myobi

Liturgist

No reason to unless you have investors.

True enough, but boy am I curious now.

… by the way, is there any word on actual private servers? The kind that people can mod, or has that’s not happening anymore cuz the erp a derp monthly subscription crap? I also remember reading something about fan-made servers, but can’t find shit about it anymore.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Hard to say. But for what it is, in terms of storytelling, as well as gameplay and settlement CAMP building, it's inifinitely better that 3/4.

As I said above, it was made by some B-teamers, who were actually trying to prove their worth in writing/worldbuilding, instead of doubling down on FO3/4 sewage.

Encouraged by 76, which I got on Wastelanders sale and found surprisingly decent enough, I torrented obtained 4, and there's no way you can finish that dull piece of shit. It was, after Survival mode's "early level Hell", so boring and lackluster that I abandoned it after the 1st quest in Far Harbor and never looked back again, booting up New Vegas for the 8th time.

Go watch Battlestar Galactica: Am I A Cylon? Are You A Cylon? Did I Just Fuck A Cylon? Edition and Terminator: Dark Fate. There, still better than Fallout 4 and saved you a lot of time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom