Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rusty's official unofficial RPGCODEX 2020 GOTY thread

Codex Year of the Donut
Because we need a more transparent voting process that doesn't involve weird weebs.

The rules are simple:
  • Reply to this thread listing up to 5 RPGs released in 2020 you think are worthy of GOTY.
  • If you list more than 5 or include a RPG not released in 2020 I'm discarding your post.
  • Expansions and remasters are fair game. If enough people think it's worthy of being RPGOTY, then so be it.
  • Account must be at least a year old as of the time of this thread being posted.
  • No alt accounts, I'll know.
  • Voting ends on February 1st, 2021, 12:00 AM EST.
The RPG that gets the most votes wins the prize of being Rusty's official RPGOTY.

Last edited:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do you allow DLC? If so, I vote Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts.

I think that's the only 2020 release I've played. I liked it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can’t really think of anything else than Wasteland 3 and Wasteland Remastered.

(Cyberpunk doesn’t qualify.)

It’s been slow.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've only played two games released in 2020 during the course of 2020 - RDR2 and Cyberpunk.

I find it difficult to say which one of the two is more an "RPG", but I can testify that Cyberpunk is not the RPGOTY.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
  • Reply to this thread listing up to 5 RPGs released in 2020 you think are worthy of GOTY
  • If you list more than 5 or include a RPG not released in 2020 I'm discarding your post.

KotC 2 (Released, you can get it by contacting the dev directly and there it had no game breaking bug for a while)
Wasteland 3 (didn't play it but according to the first point, i think he's worthy)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
We just had a thread on this. Anyway...

Cyberpunk 2077 is literally the only RPG released in 2020 that I've played, I'm pretty sure. So it wins by default as of now.
Wasteland 3 I'll throw in as the one I'll play eventually and who knows how good or bad it is.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

1524229979mpkdw.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was wrong - RDR2 was released in 2019, so I've only played Cyberpunk of all games released in 2020. Great year for RPGs.

typical user

Arbiter
Does Doom Eternal qualify? The only real RPG I've played in 2020 was Gothic 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom