Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Myobi

Liturgist
Sony: *removes Cyberpunk*

Also Sony:

*shrug* Been clearing side quests and shit on a new character, around level 45 already and poor Takemura still at the coffee shop waiting for me =/

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

Also Sony:

*shrug* Been clearing side quests and shit on a new character, around level 45 already and poor Takemura still at the coffee shop waiting for me =/

I find it pretty annoying that nobody even goes "WOW YOU HAVE STREET CRED OF 50" or whatever. You can do one minor thing in oblivion and people go OH ITS THE HERO OF KVATCH every to seconds

typical user

Arbiter
It pains me to write it but Fallout 4 was more innovative as it has similiar dialog system with added camera auto-focus on the speaker, it incorporated randomized-quests into one of main-story paths and had more connected with various factions. The settlement building allowed to create your personal space and the relationships with different companions was more natural than blowing stuff up x4 to get piece of Panam's ass.

I can't believe CDPR made me praise Fallout 4 which had barely any attention to detail and it basically shits on the source-material.

duke nukem

Augur
Imagine being so retarded that you would think cp2077 is a good game.:shredder:

Also Sony:

That trailer really shows how shit game cp2077 is when it cant even reach quality level like that.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
It pains me to write it but Fallout 4 was more innovative as it has similiar dialog system with added camera auto-focus on the speaker, it incorporated randomized-quests into one of main-story paths and had more connected with various factions. The settlement building allowed to create your personal space and the relationships with different companions was more natural than blowing stuff up x4 to get piece of Panam's ass.

I can't believe CDPR made me praise Fallout 4 which had barely any attention to detail and it basically shits on the source-material.

Fallout 4 is a great game

DeepOcean

Arcane
The only parts that are good on Fallout 4 are the ones they copied from New Vegas after Todd got butthurt that people were forgetting Fallout 3 and even there, they had the Bethesda touch, retardation and complete lack or originality. Of course, taking in mind that Cyberpunk is actually an Early Access game that will ever leave early access, full of incomplete features that are left overs of a previous butchered version to include Keanu Reeves and that old 2018 build was already a reboot of a previous version axed to pander to the GTA crowd, so yeah, a half finished game that passed through a Star Citizen process of complete developer arrogance and self indulge released in early access is indeed worse than Fallout 4.

JDR13

Arcane
The only parts that are good on Fallout 4 are the ones they copied from New Vegas after Todd got butthurt that people were forgetting Fallout 3 and even there, they had the Bethesda touch, retardation and complete lack or originality. Of course, taking in mind that Cyberpunk is actually an Early Access game that will ever leave early access, full of incomplete features that are left overs of a previous butchered version to include Keanu Reeves and that old 2018 build was already a reboot of a previous version axed to pander to the GTA crowd, so yeah, a half finished game that passed through a Star Citizen process of complete developer arrogance and self indulge released in early access is indeed worse than Fallout 4.

Let's be honest, you haven't actually played it have you? It's fairly obvious.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

The original article on benchmark.pl talks about console versions being broken and refund policy. Not the general brokenness.

This is getting ridiculous. How many fucking broken trash fire AAA "games" we had over the years that were literally unplayable? Like the fucking RDR2 which everyone sings praises to wasn't even launching properly on PC for months or Fallout 76?

Why is some government agency fit to monitor how fast a company can produce patches for a game? What?

There's no need to be simping for CDPR here. This is a nothingburger. Read the original article.
Let me simp in peace. Still feels like dogpiling, I for real never seen this big of a reaction to a buggy game - with actual political people taking note and architects writing articles how the city is shit from the perspective of a real world place.

This looks like a publicity stunt saving CDPR's reputation. A government agency saying that they're finally off the hook after few limited patches.

Turjan

Arcane
Did anyone find out what criteria the game uses to delete cars you nicked from the world? Most of them seem to disappear pretty quickly (some seem to get returned to the place where I took them from), but I just noticed that the Archer Quartz I left at Crescent & Broad in Japantown maybe a hundred hours ago is still there, even after I went through an ending with that game.
HQ2p0EA.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I actually like games that keep everything first-person, but CDPR put such a focus on character customization and appearance it's weird they didn't do something like Fallout 4's dialog scenes. Fallout 4 probably had more C&C too, which is... kind of a holy shit realization, now that I think about it.

Turjan

Arcane

I actually like games that keep everything first-person, but CDPR put such a focus on character customization and appearance it's weird they didn't do something like Fallout 4's dialog scenes. Fallout 4 probably had more C&C too, which is... kind of a holy shit realization, now that I think about it.

I'd really prefer it if you could use both, first-person and third-person, plus the ability to switch, depending on the situation, like in Bethesda games. Fallout 4 had more C&C, yes. It also had a brain-dead story with a completely nonsensical adversary, and some of those decisions felt idiotic. There was also some use of verticality, and that concerned not only those stupid motorway pieces. Still, the package could be quite enjoyable. Also, there were tons of mods that tackled some of the grievances.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout 4 ... The settlement building

Don’t know much about settlement building, but from what little I played, the crafting system did kinda make more contextual sense than Cyberpunk. I don’t remember that you made bandanas and t-shirts from a sackfull circuitboards, wires, batteries and other electrical appliances.

Someone who’s a ”Fallout 4 pro” ( take that as you will :lol: ) can of course correct me.

KK1001

Arbiter
It is really weird to play what is essentially an early access game that also spent more time (5 years) in pre-production than most games spend in production.

msxyz

Augur
Did anyone find out what criteria the game uses to delete cars you nicked from the world? Most of them seem to disappear pretty quickly (some seem to get returned to the place where I took them from), but I just noticed that the Archer Quartz I left at Crescent & Broad in Japantown maybe a hundred hours ago is still there, even after I went through an ending with that game.
HQ2p0EA.jpg
I believe objects will disappear (pr reset) once you stay outside of a certain area for a certain time. I noticed that the bodies near the apartment ( a zone I would frequently visit) remained there until I stayed away from that area for some time.

Turjan

Arcane
HQ2p0EA.jpg
I believe objects will disappear (pr reset) once you stay outside of a certain area for a certain time. I noticed that the bodies near the apartment ( a zone I would frequently visit) remained there until I stayed away from that area for some time.
Yes, there is allegedly some 48 hours timer, but cars you took from somewhere usually get removed if you, for example, reload the game. Pretty much all those "assault" locations in the Badlands and even most in the city have cars or bikes standing there, and I often use those to get to the next location. If you exit and reload, those cars are gone. Sometimes they even disappear as soon as you enter the lot where the quests take place and turn the back to those cars. This specific car here was from a gig in the Badlands, and it was the one that quest provided to drive the quest NPC from one location to another one. For whatever reason, it's persistent, and I only very rarely get to this location.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Fallout 4 had more C&C, yes. It also had a brain-dead story with a completely nonsensical adversary, and some of those decisions felt idiotic. There was also some use of verticality, and that concerned not only those stupid motorway pieces. Still, the package could be quite enjoyable. Also, there were tons of mods that tackled some of the grievances.

I'm certainly not defending Bethesda's plotting or writing in general, but it's crazy to think how that game had factions and quest/plot differences that changed pretty significantly depending on your faction choices and Cyberpunk had very little of that. How far we've come from the days of an entirely separate act 2 depending on a choice.

Turjan

Arcane
Fallout 4 had more C&C, yes. It also had a brain-dead story with a completely nonsensical adversary, and some of those decisions felt idiotic. There was also some use of verticality, and that concerned not only those stupid motorway pieces. Still, the package could be quite enjoyable. Also, there were tons of mods that tackled some of the grievances.

I'm certainly not defending Bethesda's plotting or writing in general, but it's crazy to think how that game had factions and quest/plot differences that changed pretty significantly depending on your faction choices and Cyberpunk had very little of that. How far we've come from the days of an entirely separate act 2 depending on a choice.

Yes, Fallout 4 needed several partial replays if you wanted to see everything. In this game, you just have to replay the endings. Part of the endings, to be exact, in case you manage to not miss the few occasions where the game takes a short break from the scripted scenes. There are other decisions that change things up, but nothing major.

JDR13

Arcane
If you're talking about just the endings and nothing else, yeah, maybe FO4 had more C&C. However, CP 2077 has some degree of C&C in a lot of the sidequests as well. Not to mention they're designed and written a thousand times better than the generic dreck in FO4.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Also Sony:

Blasting trash mobs of wolves cracked me up. :D

It pains me to write it but if it wasn't for the credibility I had for CDPR's storytelling and writing, I would have written off Cyberpunk as a Fallout 4 clone which contains nothing new or interesting for me as a player.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I find it pretty annoying that nobody even goes "WOW YOU HAVE STREET CRED OF 50" or whatever. You can do one minor thing in oblivion and people go OH ITS THE HERO OF KVATCH every to seconds
Hey, the thugs trying to steal the poor food vendor's bike in Arroyo run away from you in terror if you have ample streed cred. Then the thankful shopowner offers a discount a presents his.... empty inventory. Because Bethesda Poland forgot to assign a vendor list to him. :hahano:
"It just works.(tm)"

Did anyone find out what criteria the game uses to delete cars you nicked from the world?
No idea, my guess would be: it's buggy. I've used that term a lot more on this game than on any Bethesda game actually, that says a lot. Sad.
At least it leads to funny moments. I once parked my Quadra Roach in front of the Afterlife at day. In a parking lot. Then went somewhere without it. Game immediately forgot it was mine and the car never despawned.
Problem was, the parking lot was actually taken at night by some NotCadillac. So every time I fast traveled there, that Caddie spawned inside my Roach, getting propelled in the air, and then fell down on all the others in a spectacular fashion. :hahano:
"It just works.(tm)"

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I don’t remember that you made bandanas and t-shirts from a sackfull circuitboards, wires, batteries and other electrical appliances.
I made my first turret from a metal bucket, a hotplate, a flip lighter and a pocket watch. No gun or ammo needed.
"It just wo-" Doesn't look like much of a difference to me.

To be fair, Fallout 4 HAD a decent turret system, needing power, so players would have to switch between water production/light in case of an attack.
But, along came Todd and said: "This is, like, too complicated for our target audience."
So they slapped two magic gasoline powered turrets (that run forever with one teaspoon worth of gas) like the above in and called it a day. Leaving all those hillariously expensive laser/shotgun/missile turrets a reminder of what would have been nobody ever builds.
:hearnoevil:

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Screeching and hate aside, I generally think that the Arasaka ending is the best Bad ending I've ever seen in a video game.

- Everyone is disgusted with you for picking it and all of the NPCs have factually good reasons to do so, nobody over-acts.
- You find out they ripped out Jackie's Soul and now what's left of him is just memory patterns they stole to find you.
- Yorinobou was actually trying to destroy Arasaka from within and he does an insane amount of damage to the corporation in a blink of an eye.
- Nobody can fix you.
- But don't worry, the old man who is rich enough to make Bezos look like a homeless man gets to implant his brain into a younger body and live forever.
- You can become our property if you want?

Most bad ends are pretty stupid and poorly thought out. Caesar's Legion as a female courier doesn't even mention that the guy who betrays literally everyone betrays you, nope instead you earned his respect. I guess the people that use women as "currency" will respect one if she's mean enough.

Most binary evil endings are just "HEHEHE AND THEN I KILL EVERYONE I KNOW AND THEN IM A RAGING PSYCHO >:)))))"

Cyberpunk isn't so focused on "betray everyone" as much as it is "betray yourself, and lick some boots". It's so fucking bleak and miserable.

Danikas

Arcane
Screeching and hate aside, I generally think that the Arasaka ending is the best Bad ending I've ever seen in a video game.

- Everyone is disgusted with you for picking it and all of the NPCs have factually good reasons to do so, nobody over-acts.
- You find out they ripped out Jackie's Soul and now what's left of him is just memory patterns they stole to find you.
- Yorinobou was actually trying to destroy Arasaka from within and he does an insane amount of damage to the corporation in a blink of an eye.
- Nobody can fix you.
- But don't worry, the old man who is rich enough to make Bezos look like a homeless man gets to implant his brain into a younger body and live forever.

Most bad ends are pretty stupid and poorly thought out. Caesar's Legion as a female courier doesn't even mention that the guy who betrays literally everyone betrays you, nope instead you earned his respect. I guess the people that use women as "currency" will respect one if she's mean enough.

Most binary evil endings are just "HEHEHE AND THEN I KILL EVERYONE I KNOW AND THEN IM A RAGING PSYCHO >:)))))"

Cyberpunk isn't so focused on "betray everyone" as much as it is "betray yourself, and lick some boots". It's so fucking bleak and miserable.
Nah the best bad ending is this one.

pepe-the-frog-wearing-a-suit-presenting-a-hang-rope-2b2a59fcd254f068c02d9c78ad3650ae.jpg

Bahamut

Arcane

- Nobody can fix you.

Nah the best bad ending is this one.

pepe-the-frog-wearing-a-suit-presenting-a-hang-rope-2b2a59fcd254f068c02d9c78ad3650ae.jpg

Was better than i expected, it was really chill 'fuck everything' moment

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom