Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Myobi

Liturgist
I've used that term a lot more on this game than on any Bethesda game actually, that says a lot. Sad.

That's because in Bethesda games they ain't bugs, they are "features", they are there to stay, at least until the modding community decides to do something about it. On the bright side, at least I could finish this damn game without having to use a god damn command console *shrug*

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My reaction every time I see a "build" video on CP77:

yNlQWRM.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
Cyberpunk isn't so focused on "betray everyone" as much as it is "betray yourself, and lick some boots". It's so fucking bleak and miserable.
It's one of the reasons why I didn't find the suicide ending overly depressing, despite the friend messages afterwards. That's nothing compared to some of the others.

100 MILLION damage :lol:

Super balanced!

I actually find it a big incline, that instead of trying to "balance" a mainstream game (thus making everything a bullet spongy long drag), they just threw it out of the window, and reached the level of brokenness in a true Morrowind fashion. You can at least have some fun this way.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The only parts that are good on Fallout 4 are the ones they copied from New Vegas after Todd got butthurt that people were forgetting Fallout 3 and even there, they had the Bethesda touch, retardation and complete lack or originality. Of course, taking in mind that Cyberpunk is actually an Early Access game that will ever leave early access, full of incomplete features that are left overs of a previous butchered version to include Keanu Reeves and that old 2018 build was already a reboot of a previous version axed to pander to the GTA crowd, so yeah, a half finished game that passed through a Star Citizen process of complete developer arrogance and self indulge released in early access is indeed worse than Fallout 4.

Let's be honest, you haven't actually played it have you? It's fairly obvious.
Fallout 4, I tried but no mod could fix Bethesda retardation, after some quest where a 200 years ghoul had a cursed egyptian artefact, I just couldnt take it anymore.

However, if it between storyfagness and gameplay, I will always rank based on gameplay and the level scaling on Fallout 4 isnt as agressive, guns dont change damage with level ups, there is no blue, purple an yellow guns bullshit, there are actually different enemy types, there are some light survival elements, there are factions that you can ally with and do different quests for different factions.

If you only look on the gameplay, both follow the standard AAA gameplay but cyberbug us even more MMOrized than Fallout 4.

So, sure, if the judgement stick is based only on muh storyfagness and graphix, then yeah, Cyberbug is better but Im not só impressed by walking simulators with optional gameplay.

orcinator

Liturgist
I don’t remember that you made bandanas and t-shirts from a sackfull circuitboards, wires, batteries and other electrical appliances.
I made my first turret from a metal bucket, a hotplate, a flip lighter and a pocket watch. No gun or ammo needed.
"It just wo-" Doesn't look like much of a difference to me.

To be fair, Fallout 4 HAD a decent turret system, needing power, so players would have to switch between water production/light in case of an attack.
But, along came Todd and said: "This is, like, too complicated for our target audience."
So they slapped two magic gasoline powered turrets (that run forever with one teaspoon worth of gas) like the above in and called it a day. Leaving all those hillariously expensive laser/shotgun/missile turrets a reminder of what would have been nobody ever builds.
:hearnoevil:
Fallout 4 also had invincible settlers so the top tier strat was to lock a turret inside some floating room and watch all the enemies get slowly beaten to death by constantly resurrecting dudes with pipes.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you're talking about just the endings and nothing else, yeah, maybe FO4 had more C&C. However, CP 2077 has some degree of C&C in a lot of the sidequests as well. Not to mention they're designed and written a thousand times better than the generic dreck in FO4.

The FO4 "main quest" changes significantly depending on which faction you choose and focus on, even in the middle stages. I'm not gonna pretend it's on the level of games like New Vegas, but it deserves more credit than people give it in that area.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Sorry not sorry :D

Man, why people have this obcession of "living" open worlds, that shit is expensive to make and you barely notice after a certain time (if Cyberbug wasnt a mediocre game, I wouldnt care at all with fiddling with shop inventories). Minigmes? That shit is just a waste of time. That part where he says the main quest feels like a TellTale game but shorter on his main video, unfortunately, that is so true.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, why people have this obcession of "living" open worlds, that shit is expensive to make and you barely notice after a certain time (if Cyberbug wasnt a mediocre game, I wouldnt care at all with fiddling with shop inventories). Minigmes? That shit is just a waste of time. That part where he says the main quest feels like a TellTale game but shorter on his main video, unfortunately, that is so true.
My explanation - they want to see what life is for people outside their basement. Enraged pimpled teens who take turns between jerking off and playing open world shite.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Is for the sake of immersion and depth.

Example: You have dozens of survival zombies around. All super action packed with awesome graphic but in the end is all fancyness and not juice in the end.

Then you have project zomboid. Complex. Realistic. With a huge load of depth those games can't even dream about.

Depends on what games are for you.

Games or Toys?

I am more interested to Games than Toys.

JDR13

Arcane
If you're talking about just the endings and nothing else, yeah, maybe FO4 had more C&C. However, CP 2077 has some degree of C&C in a lot of the sidequests as well. Not to mention they're designed and written a thousand times better than the generic dreck in FO4.

The FO4 "main quest" changes significantly depending on which faction you choose and focus on, even in the middle stages. I'm not gonna pretend it's on the level of games like New Vegas, but it deserves more credit than people give it in that area.

What I meant is that, other than the main quest, there wasn't much C&C in FO4. I can't recall any sidequests that had significant C&C. If there were any, they weren't very memorable.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I mean do you really think a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is worth 60th bucks?.. Even if you fix all the bugs and optimization problems.

The game is not even an RPG. It has a super short mainquest and a staggering low ammount of sidequest you can count them using your fingers. No decision making. A progression like a mediocre looter shooter with watchdog elements.

This is a game that is pretty low and has no depth. It is hollow and shallow and the good content it have is so sparse is not even relevant.

It look fancy? yes. It has an amazing artstyle? Sure.

But beside that is pretty bad.

What I meant is that, other than the main quest, there wasn't much C&C in FO4. I can't recall any sidequests that had significant C&C. If there were any, they weren't very memorable.

I'll get accused of retadreds farming, but Fallout 76's writing is lightyears above 3 & 4, because it was written by some B-Team inifinitely more talented that those hacks with Pagliarulo. I had a bit of fun with Survival Mode in 4 but every single other aspect of that game was excruciatingly boring.

Even the weapons were lame. How do you fuck that up after New Vegas, which has possibly the most fun arsenal out of all "shooter" games? Easy, just make like 10 weapons in total with half of them being completely useless. Nothing like fancy Power Armored guys wielding some makeshift pipe peashooters or duct taped laser rifles :retarded:

76 isn't a very interesting game (I got it on discount after Wastelanders dropped) but every single aspect of that game is so much better than 3 and what I've seen of 4. Exploration, worldbuilding, environmental storytelling, soundtrack, people fucking grow food and resettle with some logic, even with weapons they brought the fun ones like P94 Plasma Caster and Zap Glove, or Gauss Minigun from Tactics. Even fucking C&C and it's an MMO game for fucks sake.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

Sorry not sorry :D

Someday people will learn that is not easy to have a "dynamic" open world videogame. It's almost an oxymoron. The dynamic systems than these games usually present tend to be a farce. If you want a game to feel alive you have to script that shit to extenutation. Think in older games as an example: RPGs like Vampire: Bloodlines or console games like Zelda: Majora's mask. Their characters and their worlds looked alive thanks to all the work behind the script of their NPCs, rutines and events.

Turjan

Arcane
The game is not even an RPG. It has a super short mainquest and a staggering low ammount of sidequest you can count them using your fingers. No decision making. A progression like a mediocre looter shooter with watchdog elements.
Do you have a pic of your hands? There are 92 side quests in the game, not including gigs or the NCPD stuff, however counting races, boxing quests or Epistrophy separately. Your hands must look amazing :).

Danikas

Arcane
Do you have a pic of your hands? There are 92 side quests in the game, not including gigs or the NCPD stuff, however counting races and boxing quests separately. Your hands must look amazing :).
Nah trust me bro you can count the sidequests on one finger this game is not even an fps its just a 2d sidescroller.

Turjan

Arcane
Do you have a pic of your hands? There are 92 side quests in the game, not including gigs or the NCPD stuff, however counting races and boxing quests separately. Your hands must look amazing :).
Nah trust me bro you can count the sidequests on one finger this game is not even an fps its just a 2d sidescroller.
I guess so. You just have to remember how often you wagged that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom