Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Ebonsword

Arcane
I think Mass Effect 3 is the best game in the series, and I'll fight any man who says otherwise.

I'll say otherwise.

In ME1, you can avoid the final boss fight by talking the boss into killing himself*, in ME3 the final boss fight is the game trying to convince you to kill yourself.

*Yes, yes, I know you can only skip the first part of the fight. Hyperbole, blah, blah, blah

wahrk

Learned
3 has the best gameplay, maybe. The main story is even more retarded than 2 though. I’ve never understood people that claim it was great outside of the ending when you’ve got this fucking guy pretending to be a serious antagonist:

2299624-kai_leng.png

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
ME1 was the best overall game. ME2 had some interesting side content but the RPG elements were minimal and the main story was absolute shit. ME3 had decent game play and better RPG mechanics but there was soooooooooooo much retardation that it overwhelmed the good points.

The only one I've ever replayed is ME1.

Caim

Arcane
3 has the best gameplay, maybe. The main story is even more retarded than 2 though. I’ve never understood people that claim it was great outside of the ending when you’ve got this fucking guy pretending to be a serious antagonist:

2299624-kai_leng.png
Good old Kai Leng: Cereal Killer.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Are they going to remaster that shitty ending?
Heard that the Leviathan DLC concluded the mystery of the Reapers (?) Which is all anyone wanted from this series and they turned it into post-release content 5 months later, so no one bought it lol.

Monk

Arcane
I think Mass Effect 3 is the best game in the series, and I'll fight any man who says otherwise. Mass Effect 1 is good too.

Mass Effect 2 has very strong character side-stories, the best DLC in the series, and the way that the final mission is structured is cool, but the overall plot is dumb. It's never made sense and has never seemed terribly connected to the overall plot of the series (it's a silly side-story where reapers are stealing human DNA to make a giant reaper/human....for some reason).

I think they rushed ME3 for release, which is why instead of a final battle it ends with cut scenes.

KVVRR

Learned
I don't get what's the problem with Kai Leng. His entire character makes sense when you consider that
Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought. But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter. It ends with your death.

-KL

J1M

Arcane
I don't get what's the problem with Kai Leng. His entire character makes sense when you consider that
Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought. But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter. It ends with your death.

-KL
Except that in-game the cutscene where he wins was initiated by my full-health character bringing him down to 10% hp.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Join us as we interview a few of our own devs as they tell the story of N7.

Intro: Mac Walters - 00:05

Interviewer: Jay Ingram (Intro and Outro)

Intro: 01:03

Panel:
N7 - Art - Derek Watts - 01:41
N7 - Lore - Preston Watamaniuk - 13:24
N7 - Community - Chris Bain - 20:56
N7 - Journey - Melanie Faulknor - 31:48

Outro: 35:16

Sykar

Arcane

2299624-kai_leng.png
Good old Kai Leng: self insert Cereal Killer.

/ftfy
The only question would be whose self insert he is.

Caim

Arcane
Who actually wrote Kai Leng? It's just mindblowing how appallingly bad he is even by Biowarian standards.
No idea, but the bit where he breaks into Anderson's apartment to bug it (the same apartment from Citadel, mind you!), eats some of Anderson's cereal and almost pissed into one of the vases was written by William C. Dietz. Dietz has written quite a lot including Halo: The Flood, several Star Wars books (some of which starring Kyle Katarn), stuff for Star Craft, Hitman and his own Legion of the Damned (no relation) series, which is like what if the French Foreign Legion was made up of cyborgs.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
80 bucks? Yeah, no, I'll wait for it to fall in the bargain bin or just pirate it if it comes with Origin. If I have any desire to replay this at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom