Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The game is not even an RPG. It has a super short mainquest and a staggering low ammount of sidequest you can count them using your fingers. No decision making. A progression like a mediocre looter shooter with watchdog elements.
Do you have a pic of your hands? Your hands must look amazing :).

b73.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
I'm certainly not horny for hundred-fingered people :P .

But just to be fair: Yes, the game is relatively short, compared to what we are used to from the company. And if you just count major side quest arcs, you may come to the conclusion that there aren't many. There are quite a few smaller ones though in addition to that, some of them only opening up very late and depending on you having finished other side quests, plus a specific one for every lifepath.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Witcher 3 is Skyrim without fun.
Cyberpunk 2077 is Fallout 76 without fun?:lol:

Ouch, that hurts.
Skyrim will probably be more "fun" for me if I played it today. Back when I actually played it I wanted to be super immersed into my ascendance as a hero of the nordic sagas - and of course it sucked if played with that mindset. Now I would play it to fuck around - as it has been intended. But IMO that would still be a waste of time. I leave "Ironically playing" to hipsters.

Turjan

Arcane
Bethesda games (at least the pre-multiplayer ones) get a lease on life because of the myriad of mods you get a few years after their initial phase. It's easy to get a thousand hours out of them just for that reason alone.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

The game is not even an RPG. It has a super short mainquest and a staggering low ammount of sidequest you can count them using your fingers. No decision making. A progression like a mediocre looter shooter with watchdog elements.
Do you have a pic of your hands? There are 92 side quests in the game, not including gigs or the NCPD stuff, however counting races, boxing quests or Epistrophy separately. Your hands must look amazing :).

Well if you consider those sidequest my darling you surely have a bad taste in RPG. Hell what is going on people how can the codex defend this game it should represent the decline the Codex always denounced. Ill repeat myself again:

Do cd Projekt had the decency to lube your ass before you bend over for her and allow them to have their way with you?..

Oh come on be serious!

JDR13

Arcane
I mean do you really think a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is worth 60th bucks?.. Even if you fix all the bugs and optimization problems.

This is a game that is pretty low and has no depth. It is hollow and shallow and the good content it have is so sparse is not even relevant.

It look fancy? yes. It has an amazing artstyle? Sure.

But beside that is pretty bad.

Lol...could you be any more blantantly full of shit? You were bashing the game for months being it was even released, and you obviously haven't played it.

Agenda acknowledged. Now crawl back into your troll lair.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I mean do you really think a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is worth 60th bucks?.. Even if you fix all the bugs and optimization problems.

This is a game that is pretty low and has no depth. It is hollow and shallow and the good content it have is so sparse is not even relevant.

It look fancy? yes. It has an amazing artstyle? Sure.

But beside that is pretty bad.

Lol...could you be any more blantantly full of shit? You were bashing the game for months being it was even released, and you obviously haven't played it.

Agenda acknowledged. Now crawl back into your troll lair.

I did played it of course. My brother got tricked by cd projekt lies and did not listen to me. The game was awful even worse than i expect it.

So this is how it works?

Cd Projekt shoveling shit

CDPR fanboys nomnomnom mhhh more Keanu... nomnom don't sthaaaaaap

IN FACT THE GAME IS SO GOOD THAT:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...10-of-their-income-in-previous-year.11072015/

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I am so glad to see the people defending this mess are having an hard time. Really look everywhere. The game is getting bashed so hard they consider Witcher3 even more RPG than this looter shooter you call RPG.

You Sir are an a idiot. I saw the game live i warned in past the game were going to be shit and yet people were not believing now here is your red pill Alice. How it feels to be deep in the white rabbit's den? Still in Denial?

Oh boy i had not so much fun in ages.

Turjan

Arcane
Do you have a pic of your hands? There are 92 side quests in the game, not including gigs or the NCPD stuff, however counting races, boxing quests or Epistrophy separately. Your hands must look amazing :).

Well if you consider those sidequest my darling you surely have a bad taste in RPG. Hell what is going on people how can the codex defend this game it should represent the decline the Codex always denounced. Ill repeat myself again:

Do cd Projekt had the decency to lube your ass before you bend over for her and allow them to have their way with you?..

Oh come on be serious!
I don't care much for this. Full disclaimer: I hardly play any RPG's nowadays, but mostly simulations. Which means that that aspect of a game may be interesting to me, but if it doesn't fully tick the box and is something else, I'm fine with that. It depends on whether the game manages to deliver at least some aspect in a competent way. And I have to freely admit that the story managed to draw me in like none in a long time. I have also taken a break from GTA-likes in such a long time (played San Andreas extensively, GTA4 to some extent, GTA5/RDR(2) not at all) that I can enjoy those aspects, too, even if they may not match what is possible nowadays.

Which means that the question whether it's an RPG or a competent RPG is mostly irrelevant to me. Sorry to disappoint.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Oh come on be serious!
I don't care much for this. Full disclaimer: I hardly play any RPG's nowadays, but mostly simulations. Which means that that aspect of a game may be interesting to me, but if it doesn't fully tick the box and is something else, I'm fine with that. It depends on whether the game manages to deliver at least some aspect in a competent way. And I have to freely admit that the story managed to draw me in like none in a long time. I have also taken a break from GTA-likes in such a long time (played San Andreas extensively, GTA4 to some extent, GTA5/RDR(2) not at all) that I can enjoy those aspects, too, even if they may not match what is possible nowadays.

Which means that the question whether it's an RPG or a competent RPG is mostly irrelevant to me. Sorry to disappoint.

Yes that is my gripe about it. The game when does narration properly have many good moments however there is total lack of choice and concequences and when those are present are not meaningful the other side activities of the game is just Farcry clear the bandit camp crap. What i dislike about the game is basically the huge lack of consistency it have. If the rest of the game had those good moments as well maybe we would had a decent title instead it fall short like super short. Those good moments are not good enough to excuse the bad mess is the game. And even as an action game heck i had so much more fun playing RDR2 than this game. But overall like you say sadly the game as just some competent moments. ((The Judy-Evelyne questline-The Woodo boys-The whole Relic thing-)) but ultimately those are just the minority of the game and all the simulative aspect of the game are not there at all. This game could had been a corridor shooter and nothing would change because of his linearity and the hollow lifeless open world that is just a scenery.

JDR13

Arcane
I am so glad to see the people defending this mess are having an hard time. Really look everywhere. The game is getting bashed so hard they consider Witcher3 even more RPG than this looter shooter you call RPG.

You Sir are an a idiot. I saw the game live i warned in past the game were going to be shit and yet people were not believing now here is your red pill Alice. How it feels to be deep in the white rabbit's den? Still in Denial?

You're trying so hard to be edgy, but you're only making yourself look like a butthurt edglord.

Please keep talking though so we can hear some more insightful bullshit. "I can count the sidequests on my fingers!"

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
The 'no choices and consequences' idea isn't a great one to pick up when it's the rallying cry of every gimp with a youtube channel who thinks TW3 has deep and meaningful options. I've been messing about with the game past couple of weeks to see just where choices and consequences kick in and there's a surprising amount of them. What is true is that you are going to choose an ending out of the set few available. It's really the vignettes where you see the culmination of where choices play out in Cyberpunk.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You're trying so hard to be edgy, but you're only making yourself look like a butthurt edglord.

Please keep talking though so we can hear some more insightful bullshit. "I can count the sidequests on my fingers!"

Meaningful ones can be counted. And that is just a common criticism everywhere. Unless you consider the repetetive. Kill the Psycho ((Cyberpsychos are supposed to be insanely difficoult to shot down this is why lore wise you have the MAX TAC dealing with them and how i know that? Unlike you i know the source material)) Steal the object. Kill the target. Clear the bandit haem... Kill the criminals.

Those are the side activities you can find in a FPS.

And don't even tell me about the gangs reduced to be goons and that's it. The rushed lifepath that brings nothing in to the game rather that: HEY I HAVE A NEW DIALOGUE THAT ACTUALLY DON'T make any difference!!!!

You are clearly biased.

You are like that moderator Sardukar in the cd projekt red forum. The little shit that censor and ban people because is totally biased and even set limitation at what people can mention in discord.

A poor drone with no taste brainwashed by a company.

I feel sorry for you.

In witcher 3 you could save the baron. You could make him suicide. You can save Keira. You could kill Keira. You could make Keira joining khaer moren. People would live or die depending on your decision and maybe the choice there was mostly binary but was there.

Cyberpunk is just *cricket sounds*

JDR13

Arcane
The 'no choices and consequences' idea isn't a great one to pick up when it's the rallying cry of every gimp with a youtube channel who thinks TW3 has deep and meaningful options. I've been messing about with the game past couple of weeks to see just where choices and consequences kick in and there's a surprising amount of them. What is true is that you are going to choose an ending out of the set few available. It's really the vignettes where you see the culmination of where choices play out in Cyberpunk.

Trying to claim there's no C&C only makes it obvious that she hasn't actually played it or has played very little.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Trying to claim there's no C&C only makes it obvious that she hasn't actually played it or has played very little.

What choice and concequence you have? A fucking line of dialoguye on the ending?

Spoiler alert:
V will die unless it turns completely in to Jhonny.

All different things that lead in the same direction. Is a binary choice determined by one dialogue the ending will be different depending on what quest you made but in the end that's the ending for you. You can change a single mission how you go there but that will be still the ending. Nothing will change.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

No, the normies seem to like it a lot. Reviews say so. I'm not arguing it's good though.

JDR13

Arcane
Meaningful ones can be counted. And that is just a common criticism everywhere. Unless you consider the repetetive. Kill the Psycho ((Cyberpsychos are supposed to be insanely difficoult to shot down this is why lore wise you have the MAX TAC dealing with them and how i know that? Unlike you i know the source material)) Steal the object. Kill the target. Clear the bandit haem... Kill the criminals.

And don't even tell me about the gangs reduced to be goons and that's it. The rushed lifepath that brings nothing in to the game rather that: HEY I HAVE A NEW DIALOGUE THAT ACTUALLY DON'T make any difference!!!!

You are clearly biased.

You are like that moderator Sardukar in the cd projekt red forum. The little shit that censor and ban people because is totally biased and even set limitation at what people can mention in discord.

I feel sorry for you.

Awe...that's so cute. :)

You don't need to feel sorry for me hun, I'm not the one who's emotionally invested here. That's obviously you with the amount of effort you're putting into this.

Funny thing, you're not even a good troll.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You are clearly biased.

I feel sorry for you.

Awe...that's so cute. :)

You don't need to feel sorry for me hun, I'm not the one who's emotionally invested here. That's obviously you with the amount of effort you're tyrying to put into this.

Funny thing, you're not even a good troll.

Yes you are right i may be emotionally invested because cd projekt red took my favourite pen and paper and turned it in to a mediocre FPS still claiming it to be an RPG they Lied on the marketing at a point they are getting sued for it. But make no mistake your opinion even if is amusing is not relevant at all. The blindness you are having is what tossed in the toiled the whole industry of gaming there are a lot of drones like you out there that white knight developers goin online in the forum and coping spreading misinformation and being in denial of the flaws a game have.

Yes on that i get upset. Because today the game industry is totally trash and the reason for it are not the developer that are greedy. But the people willing to eat shit swallow it and lick their lips for blatant fanboysm.

That is a thing that pinches me in a bad way.

Turjan

Arcane
What choice and concequence you have? A fucking line of dialoguye on the ending?

Spoiler alert:

All different things that lead in the same direction. Is a binary choice determined by one dialogue the ending will be different depending on what quest you made but in the end that's the ending for you. You can change a single mission how you go there but that will be still the ending. Nothing will change.
I think you misrepresent the endings here. Yes, V will die, either sooner or slightly later. But guess what: the game deals with the question what it actually means to die. And there's your choice and consequence.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Spoiler alert:

I think you misrepresent the endings here. Yes, V will die. But guess what: the game deals with the question what it actually means to die. And there's your choice and consequence.

Problem is cyberpunk is not that. In cyberpunk "What makes me human?" as a story is completely outdated because everybody don't give a damn. You get cybernetics because is cool. Because it improves you. It makes you better and in some case is also for Fashion. That kind of plot is more fitting for Deus ex that is pre Cyberpunk.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station

Trying to be fair, it is something which before the endings isn't particularly well flagged up by the game when it is there. If I'd left it to my first playthrough I'd still not be aware of how many consequences play out based on earlier decisions. Think the game is also trying to be a little too cute with how it presents V as its protagonist while knowing full well that it's all about what gets put on the epitaph by others. The vignettes are beautifully done and the final form but there's glimpses of what the game would like to do throughout. Reminded me just a little bit of Dishonoured's moral ambiguity with choices on the 'how'. Of course, where it all falls down is how far those consequences fail to ripple out through questlines and into the broader game world. But if some games are about load orders, others are a quick 30 second recap of the two or three choices needed to make a simulated save.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom