Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
No More Room In Hell 2 got a store page. Probably coming after all.

Latelistener

Arcane
i feel like wasting money. but not quite literally. if i have to pay for a glorified torrent, i have criteria to meet:
-i must have to want to come back to it. and it has to last long. very long.
-it must offer a constant stream of patches or an extensive support from modders. preferably both.
lacking either, no game is worth its current price.

i'm open to suggestions.
This is the "game as a service" territory.

Usually they are in top 100, have online functionality, have a shit ton of DLC and well-known.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
i feel like wasting money. but not quite literally. if i have to pay for a glorified torrent, i have criteria to meet:
-i must have to want to come back to it. and it has to last long. very long.
-it must offer a constant stream of patches or an extensive support from modders. preferably both.
lacking either, no game is worth its current price.

i'm open to suggestions.
This is the "game as a service" territory.

Usually they are in top 100, have online functionality, have a shit ton of DLC and well-known.

Such are usually free to play and the content costs you from zero to a couple hundred bucks a year. You could for example try DCS or Arma 3

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
During the sale I got all the remaining DLC for Arma 3 and spent a good 250 more hours since early December.

It's very good value now when they have sales between 50 and 75% and the whole franchise content costs you less than 40$.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_98793b1ab56588fe9a60c4fc4db6a28287dd5d22.600x338.jpg
ss_5839e9895ac2adb03a286d5ab7434c139d615b00.600x338.jpg

A retro steampunk RPG that takes you on an adventure as the captain of your own blimp company. Take to the skies and safely deliver cargo or try to pirate cargo from another blimp if you dare. Crafting, puzzles and secret codes abound in this old school pixel art sandbox game. It also features an indie surf rock opera as its musical backdrop performed by the folktronica band Ashtronaut.

ss_73454852ae18ea01d6433244b33556bfe82eee69.600x338.jpg
ss_66bc53b3874f2ad002d4c3965decbc9040cf03f0.600x338.jpg

What do you do when the Hero is Dead?

Final Winter is a Speedrunning RPG where the everyday common folk of a wretched little hamlet must confront a curse that, if not stopped, will kill within 10 minutes.

Anyone can be chosen at any time.

Battle abominable horrors of the cave, loot precious lifesaving gear, and decide who will make the charge, and who will pave the way with their lives. The clock is ticking. Break the curse and save the village, lest this be your Final Winter!

ss_4dd6cb6eec23918b8431b253ce9aadc03c93465d.600x338.jpg
ss_2f9ac2a6cf910e33fb0030edf15cd401bfaec3f6.600x338.jpg

Latelistener

Arcane
I've been playing some demos and decided to shill a few games I enjoyed.

I can already tell this one will be a huge hit unless they mess up something really bad. Everything is there.

This is a great CYOA. The demo has 98% of positive reviews.

A great adventure. I really enjoyed the humor.

X-COM: TFTD inspired game that mixes occult instead of aliens. Unfortunately, the combat is far from X-Com, but I still found it to be interesting mostly because of its writing and atmosphere.

This is FTL, or should I say Oregon Trail, in a very peculiar setting.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've been playing some demos and decided to shill a few games I enjoyed.

I can already tell this one will be a huge hit unless they mess up something really bad. Everything is there.

Kb + Mouse controls are not great. This is a big issue for some people.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This is the first Steam discount ever for Stormworks, after over 3 years on Steam. We have held off doing discounts and promotions until now, but Valve recently reached out to us, suggesting we be one of the Weekend Deals.
Anyone tried this?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another game to be published by the new MicroProse, from the devs of Hammerfight.

ss_828e380066e1d0b7f0e4ffcb6a4486fdde7024c7.600x338.jpg
ss_20dcb08acaee6553e8c11989ceae80355eb6c309.600x338.jpg

In a world with no memory of its past. The House of Sayadi sends its thousand-ton military ships to the skies. Stirring the peace of nations inhabiting the earth they strive to bring back what they have lost.

As a commander of the Sayadi Task Force you’ve been sent to regain control of the rebellious Kingdom of Gerat by whatever means necessary. To succeed will require careful exploration, clever resource management, cautious diplomacy and building a fleet capable of ruling the skies unchallenged.

secure_32_600_2.gif

But maybe a much greater destiny awaits you in this journey. As this forsaken land still hides the mysterious prophecies of a long forgotten past.

Killer combat
At the heart of HighFleet is a unique form of combat in which giant ships bristling with weaponry duel above the desert. This is no mindless button mashing, however. Far from it. Battles are won by skilfully moving into positions that allow you to exploit your enemies' weak spots.

screen1_small_steam.jpg

Serious strategy
Mastering HighFleet requires much more than winning battles. You must explore the mysterious lands of Gerat. You must manage your ships, men, fuel and other resources. You must engage in diplomacy with the various factions. And then there’s the prophecy to be unravelled…

screen2_small_steam.jpg

Freedom to fly
Thanks to HighFleet’s in-game ship editor, you can build the perfect fleet to suit your style of fighting. The many distinctive ship options and upgrade paths ensure the game will provide plenty of replay value.

customise.gif

One-of-a-kind world
The “dieselpunk” visual aesthetic, immersive music and sounds, and underlying mystery of HighFleet combine to create a truly unique and unforgettable atmosphere. This is a world you won’t want to leave until you’ve uncovered every secret and followed your destiny to the very end.

chars_combo_steam.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
lol Steamcucks will have now gaping ass. Velve is implementing Denuvo into steamworks.
Unsuprising considering Velve first introduced DRM into games.

You were right Steam has the best features lololol

unknown.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom