Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

GrainWetski

Arcane
If you can stomach the leftist/SJW/transgender cringe :eek:
1609145892184.png

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
So, aham, Sandy Petersen (yes, Darklands, Doom, Quake, Age of Empires Sandy Petersen) has a YouTube channel. I didn't know this, but Sandy is also the designer of the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game from Chaosium.

Many videos about Cthulhu and Lovecraft stuff, like this one:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Lots of folks sharing this thing around, Nintendo fanboy who made one of his longest videos from completely different barrel

Yep, watched that video not too long ago.

Really goes to show that the game was completely rushed out the door to get that sweet holiday monies. Not to mention the game was simply too ambitious and trying to be a "Jack of all trades, master of none".

They had neither the personnel nor the expertise in open world/AI to do everything they wanted to do in this game. They really should've scaled down the scope of the game drastically.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that games made by CDPR are not RPGs.

Would be interesting to find out what percentage of CP2077 buyers have ever played a more "traditional/hardcore" CRPG.

Probably fairly low unfortunately :dealwithit:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
So apparently MicroProse was a horrible place to work in, Darklands was developed under the worst conditions possible and there was a dude who would regularly shit in the toilet sink.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So apparently MicroProse was a horrible place to work in, Darklands was developed under the worst conditions possible and there was a dude who would regularly shit in the toilet sink.

...and also Sandy Petersen has a YouTube channel. Well, most of it seems to be about tabletop RPGs but they're short so i might check them out when i have nothing else to watch. He also has some videos about his time at a few companies.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Jim Sterling disgusts me to be honest. I technically agree with some of the points he makes (if not the annoying way and frequency with which he repeats himself). I just can't bring myself to watch him though.

Doesn't help that he's a woke moron who looks like he's been chain-snorting oestrogen, going by the state of his man tits. His wife (if it is indeed female) is just something else entirely.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Sterling's absolutely the type who regrets making his entire career centered around video games, but can't escape since it's the only thing with with enough notoriety to bring in money.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I somewhat like Jimquisition and in general i agree with what he's saying when it comes to the soulessness of AAA+ developers (also i find it amusing that he always puts devil horns in Bobby Kotick's head - IIRC the story behind that is that Kotick asked people to not do that because he was trying online dating and potential dates were googling his name only to find the photos with devil horns :-P) but sometimes he stretches some jokes to an absurd level which i think ruins the joke. And he does tend to get stuck in topics sometimes though in general i agree with his point that people tend to forget shitty things and companies often rely on that so he does repeat himself in an attempt to remind people about said shitty stuff (for those that keep watching him at least).

Also i do not like most of his other videos, especially those that complain about some shitty game he found on Steam as if it isn't obvious from the first ever screenshot that the game would be shitty. Though he doesn't seem to do that much anymore (he still plays shitty games but -from the very few videos i skimmed through- he doesn't complain about Steam anymore).

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Why sterling who is a human trash is still discussed here?

The discussion isn't about his taste in games though and IMO these parts...

a game that played exactly like Fallout likely wouldn't have made any money, and then nobody would get anything in the future. [...] Yet, had these guys had their way, I doubt we'd even be talking about Fallout DLC, or New Vegas, or anything Fallout-related right now.

...aren't wrong - i do not think that if Bethesda released a game like Fallout 1/2 in 2008 they would make the money they did and most likely New Vegas also wouldn't be made either (which isn't something i'd want since i really like New Vegas).

Also keep in mind that 2008 was a very different time gaming-wise with pretty much everyone outside very niche hardcore fans in unknown forums caring about indie games at all and mainstream developers still thinking that you "can't Blair Witch Project the gaming industry" (IIRC this was some actual quote by some AAA publisher though i can't remember who right now).

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Jim Sterling disgusts me to be honest. I technically agree with some of the points he makes (if not the annoying way and frequency with which he repeats himself). I just can't bring myself to watch him though.

Doesn't help that he's a woke moron who looks like he's been chain-snorting oestrogen, going by the state of his man tits. His wife (if it is indeed female) is just something else entirely.

Yeah he loves making videos about the #metoo/rape stories from Ubisoft.

Even though most gamers (especially males) are just not going to give a damn as it doesn't directly affect them.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Sterling actually had a good start on this whole internet thing with the troll clickbait articles he used to write for Dtoid and the podcast he did there. There was something genuinely entertaining about that stuff.

His YouTube career has been a flop and mostly by his own doing. Agree with his points or not, the fact is his opinions have become predictable and uninteresting.

Nobody wants to hear a boring fat old dude preaching to the choir.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom