Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What are the best itemization mods? I don't want like gold spawning in peasants houses
The EE mod also removes most random loot.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The EE mod also removes most random loot.

The EE is a bloated mess and conflicts with lots of other mods, like Primer. Thank you for the answer, tho.
I turn off all the essential needs stuff, but other than that, I keep everything at defaults and I feel happy.

The biggest downside is that when all systems start to actually matter, preparation for quests and maintenance takes more time and your playthrough goes slower. There is also an element of grinding involved in order to level up the skills.

Trying to use the EE with other mods is fabulously optimistic. I like it because it doesn't need other mods.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Most of my time on the Codex is bitching about W3, so I'm not gonna break the habit. Here's another example of bad decision making that I can spot: why does Geralt counter an enemy attack by kicking the enemy to the ground, and then having to step forwad to stab the enemy on the ground?. Because if you're facing more than 1 enemy, the other guy(s) always get a free shot on Geralt.

So CDProjekt sat there and said: "Lets frustrate the player (by making our broken comabt more realistic, instead of just giving them a pass) by ensuring that the counter attack leaves Geralt open to enemy attacks from all sides."

My memories a bit hazy on how counterattacks worked in Assassins Creed, LOTR: Shadow Of Mordor, and Batman Arkham Asylum. But I'm 90% sure they didn't do that with counters.

Why not just: counterattack > cut enemy's head off?. Or maybe do something with the 'RPG' systems so that Geralt kicks them at a lower level, and and moves up to slicing a throat or decapitation at higher ones.

It's stuff like this that makes the game feel like a shit job.

Perkel

Arcane
weeeell shieeeeeet

unknown.png

Last edited:
I really like Enhanced Edition but it's too hard. I already beat the game on Death March, I just want a nice easy experience so I can get to see the dlcs now.
You can change every value (enemy damage, player damage, enemy health, player health, stamina, etc.) and make it as easy as you want the best thing about Enhanced Edition is fact that you can do quests in any order you want the main story was designed for that but the stupid vannila lvl gating prevents you from going to Skellige at the start for example.

And the next best thing about delevelling is that starting cover armor is all-around useful, instead of dumping it after 2 hours and having to look like a retard for 60% of the game (there were also Witcher sets but you looked like a hobo in them, until the last tiers that is.)

It is fucking brutal tho on that highest difficulty, ironically called "Normal" lmao. It's like Bloodborne on amphetamine, except with no i-frames.

I thnk I had to restart a fight with Ekimma like 50 times (!!!) and most of it was Geralt being stuck on walls and between candles with no space to maneuver, or getting hit by attacks which often clearly did not connect. "Big" monsters are even worse in that regard.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It is fucking brutal tho on that highest difficulty, ironically called "Normal" lmao. It's like Bloodborne on amphetamine, except with no i-frames.

I thnk I had to restart a fight with Ekimma like 50 times (!!!) and most of it was Geralt being stuck on walls and between candles with no space to maneuver, or getting hit by attacks which often clearly did not connect. "Big" monsters are even worse in that regard.
If you mean the Ekimmara that you find from investigating the ghouls, that combat is incredibly annoying because of the dead bodies and debris that can block you. I ended up cheesing it by hiding near the doorway through which I enter the room and after a while combat state would end and I would be able to make a savegame, autosave or manual.

If you mean the Ekimmara that you find from investigating the ghouls, that combat is incredibly annoying because of the dead bodies and debris that can block you. I ended up cheesing it by hiding near the doorway through which I enter the room and after a while combat state would end and I would be able to make a savegame, autosave or manual.

I mean the Ekimma(ra? in English) that is a requirement to obtain the blueprints for a Basic Tier of Griffin Armo, here:

The most problematic thing was that, instead of attacking me, the vampire was running around, half of the time getting stuck on walls and candles. Or me, with the Ekimma at 20% hp :lol: and when he was looking at it, sometimes decided to do some wide swipe etc, that was, welll...

One way or another, this mod is truly the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

Old Hans

Arcane

I mean the Ekimma(ra? in English) that is a requirement to obtain the blueprints for a Basic Tier of Griffin Armo, here:

The most problematic thing was that, instead of attacking me, the vampire was running around, half of the time getting stuck on walls and candles. Or me, with the Ekimma at 20% hp :lol: and when he was looking at it, sometimes decided to do some wide swipe etc, that was, welll...

One way or another, this mod is truly the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

the AI sucks no matter what variables people try to change. The werewolf is another one where something happens when hits a certain % of it's health and it stops aggroing and runs around in circles.

ekrolo2

Learned
Does EE let you customize enemy health and such? Every video using it I see has damage sponges that refuse to die in less then half an hour of wailing at them.

Perkel

Arcane
Does EE let you customize enemy health and such? Every video using it I see has damage sponges that refuse to die in less then half an hour of wailing at them.

yes both enemies and you, also damage output for both enemies and you in simple sliders.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Now I see. When I played this, I actually had a Leshen drop down into the hall from above. I think it's generally circling above this cave, but in some circumstances it either spawns inside the cave, or falls through the map.

The Leshen and the Ekimmara will attack the player, but if you hide in the alcove behind the chest with the Griffin armor schematics, then the Leshen and Ekimmara will switch to fighting each other. That was what I did, and while they were fighting I emerged from the alcove, grabbed the stuff from the chest - you can interact in the chest before you are discovered and switch to combat mode - and then ran around them back out of the cave. Emergent gameplay :lol: Truly I was much too weak to fight the Ekimmara at that point.

Last edited:
That happened to me as well. Seems that particular leshen is just close enough outside to teleport in when you fight the ekimmara or the wraiths before it. Of course, since ekimmara is immune to his attacks, it's a pretty one sided fight. Still good for diversion while you steal the stuff or bomb both of them to oblivion though.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm having trouble with this Chort. Has anyone managed to kill it? There is just too little space to maneuver, and Geralt is often forced into slow animations where he doesn't respond to input yet is vulnerable to hits.

How in the flying fuck are you supposed to beat an Armored Spidercrab (? the one with the spiraled fossil) on Skellige?

All of its attacks are impossible to parry, and break poise even in Tier 4 Bear armor. If you get too far, it'll launch unto you and blast you in an AoE if you are 10 meters away. If you get too close, it'll slice you up instantly with 2 bleeds and 1 poison in one hit. If you try to cheese him by staying on his butt, it will at some point spin around facing you in a split second. Blizzard doesn't do anything since by the time slo-mo kicks in, you're getting hit instantly so no defensive action can help. The Xenthia artifact (which has an effect that rolling within 0,5s after fast attack gives iframes) doesn't help either. On top of that, it has a humongous fucking HP bar while you are down in 5 hits, Bear Armor or not. WTF?

racofer

Thread Incliner
How in the flying fuck are you supposed to beat an Armored Spidercrab (? the one with the spiraled fossil) on Skellige?

All of its attacks are impossible to parry, and break poise even in Tier 4 Bear armor. If you get too far, it'll launch unto you and blast you in an AoE if you are 10 meters away. If you get too close, it'll slice you up instantly with 2 bleeds and 1 poison in one hit. If you try to cheese him by staying on his butt, it will at some point spin around facing you in a split second. Blizzard doesn't do anything since by the time slo-mo kicks in, you're getting hit instantly so no defensive action can help. The Xenthia artifact (which has an effect that rolling within 0,5s after fast attack gives iframes) doesn't help either. On top of that, it has a humongous fucking HP bar while you are down in 5 hits, Bear Armor or not. WTF?
EG1h0Zz.png

Just to follow up, Igni does fuck all. Sometimes he squirms around in flames, but stops if attacked. In the end, I shift-strong attacked him by flanking him, and even then every time I had to roll away, hoping that any of his cheat moves won't connect. You can also kite him with bolts, I guess.

AwesomeButton

Patron
My overall impression remains that the EE is fun for fighting against humans and regular monsters. Boss monsters quickly take you into the territory where you feel you are not playing the game as intended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom