Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Went all through 2009/2010 listening to this in my car during the drive to class. Vice City had an amazing soundtrack. I never watched Miami Vice, so I had no fucking clue it had such a beautiful theme. I missed this song when I played it, several times over. I didn't hear it until way into like 2016 when I went back to download a bunch of soundtracks from previous GTA games. I spent most of Vice City listening to V-ROCK WAVE-103 :lol:.

NFL Street also had a pretty solid soundtrack. It's a bunch of rap and punk music, but I think some of it was specifically made for the game. IDK, I really like that Wylde Bunch song, though. I spent all of high school listening to that track. It's a great song. That trumpet-thing reminds me so much of the Real Folk Blues from Cowboy Bebop, which is another great song!

ferratilis

Magister
Jesper Kyd is to Hitman what Yamaoka is to Silent Hill, a crucial element that elevates the ambiance to a higher level, which is something that recent games have lost, unfortunately.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

This is the first and only DMC game I played. I found out after my cousin was obsessed with God of War that I really fucking dislike these kinds of games. They're boring to me, even DMC 3. It was a chore to finish, but I finished it. Afterwards, I bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma and had to return it because, again, that shit was boring as fuck. Anyways, only song I really liked from the series, but damn, it was a brilliant fucking song.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom