Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - first person adventure from MachineGames and Todd Howard

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://bethesda.net/en/article/5G1...-and-bethesda-announce-new-indiana-jones-game

LUCASFILM GAMES & BETHESDA ANNOUNCE NEW INDIANA JONES GAME

Today, Lucasfilm Games and Bethesda Softworks announced a new Indiana Jones game, being developed by the award-winning studio, MachineGames, and executive produced by game industry icon Todd Howard of Bethesda Games Studios.

Tease_LargeHero.jpg

The standalone adventure starring the legendary archaeologist will tell a wholly original tale set at the height of the career of the famed adventurer.

While few details surrounding the Indy game have been revealed, @Bethesda released a cryptic teaser that may hold some clues.

“Todd is a lifelong Indy fan, and has been trying for over a decade to make this game,” said Pete Hines, SVP of Global Marketing. “He’s beyond excited to work with the award-winning MachineGames team, a perfect fit for Indy.”

ADL

Prophet
This might be the first bad Indiana Jones game (fuck you I liked Emperor's Tomb) but it might also be amazing. We'll see.

Xelocix

Learned
What's with Bethesda making all their game announcement/teaser trailers as bland, lazy, and vague as possible? There's absolutely nothing to work with and get hyped over.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Bethesda Star Wars game when ?

I can see Harrison Ford coming out on Bethesda stage at E3 in 2022 announcing breathtaking Jones and SW game.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's with Bethesda making all their game announcement/teaser trailers as bland, lazy, and vague as possible? There's absolutely nothing to work with and get hyped over.

This isn't really a proper announcement, more of a pre-announcement just to let you know a game exists. Often happens with licensed properties, it seems (see also IO Interactive's James Bond game).

Cross

Arcane
The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is about to become the second worst thing in the franchise.

I look forward to the new woke Indiana Jones being put in his place when he tries to rescue the strong independent woman who don't need no man.

Xelocix

Learned

This isn't really a proper announcement, more of a pre-announcement just to let you know a game exists. Often happens with licensed properties, it seems (see also IO Interactive's James Bond game).

A "pre-announcement" would be behind the scenes things, there's no such thing as a public "pre-announcement". That sounds retarded and makes no sense.

I can see Harrison Ford coming out on Bethesda stage at E3 in 2022 announcing breathtaking Jones and SW game.

I think Harrison Ford's general disgust for all things fan-boy is well-known enough at this point that Bethesda would not pay him the millions of dollars he would ask for in order to that.

That said, I like Indiana Jones probably the most out of any major film franchise (obviously excluding Crystal Skull), and it's hard to not get a little hyped at the prospect of a AAA Indy game in 2020. Kind of bonkers that there hasn't been one made in any of the last 2 console generations. Seems like just leaving money on the table.

A horse of course

ZionMax just slaps Todd's name on anything under the corporate umbrella, regardless of his involvement (e.g. F76). The fact is, Todd is the most trusted and respected name in the business these days. You all owe him an apology.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Oh no! I knew they would fuck up the next Indy game but I did not know that it would be this severe.

Better check the fan made Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold.
It is an old style mouse controlled adventure but you can be sure that it will be better than whatever Bethesda will make.

And then there were always the classics.

I guess it is Indy's turn to follow the path of Star Wars.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom