Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The tech stat is such a stupidly designed clusterfuck btw.
Aside from lockpicking it's only needed for crafting, and in a stupid way. You still need to find the blueprints, get the perks AND level it to almost 20 to be able to craft the iconic stuff if you want to.
Compared to Int, that you just increase it to 20, pick 3 perks to LEARN all schematics and then craft your endgame gear. At lvl15. Yeah...

Of course it's buggy and the passives from the legendary quickhacks kill your framerate and sometimes even your savegame.
This game... :hahano:

Best course is using a trainer, setting tech to 20 in case I want to craft something and forget about that whole stat.
"BUt mY bUiLd!!!!"
Shaddup, you can already kill everything twice and back through walls with tech weapons without a single perk in tech. :argh:

Yeah, it is bad design. I'm a bit sad that eventually my legendaries/iconics will probably become trash... but no way I'm investing points in that tree. You can be plenty overpowered even with regular levelled gear.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
his team members are just useless.

i thought that was just the shitty companion AI and not because of lore reasons

He's the definite action hero of these sequences - one-shotting everyone with his revolver, while his lackeys need 4-6 shots of their rifles to achieve the same. Hardly even needs to hide behind cover with his crazy health regen.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Some iconic weapons don't even drop as weapons, only the bp. Pretty early in Watson actually.
Such a hamfisted way to say: "Look, putting all your points in tech from the start is totally worth it!"
And lockpicking requirements go skyhigh the further south you go. Opposite Delamain is a 'tino gig, that already requires 19 tech to open windows.
Why bother with sneaking at that point anymore, use hacks to non-lethal burn/shock/poison them (lulz) and just walk in like you own the place.

And that whole non-lethal thing again shows how shizophrene the game is. The eye mod that turns every weapon non-lethal drops like candy, just so every consoletard can get his non-lethal achievment... while running around with a machinegun all the time. :hahano:

But that has become a weird running theme in games for a while now. You see the devs put a lot of thoughts in it, but then some marketing guy insists of adding things to make easy accessable. Because the concieved target audience is apparently barely smart enough not to take a dump on their couch. :argh:

On the other hand nobody should be surprised after peeking at those youtubers playing it on "very hard". A collection of exploits, beelining for skippy, doing brawls with a katana and complaining the game is too easy.
Of course showing of their mad build, which is basically "pick every perk in int", because redding it teh hard. :hahano:

Turjan

Arcane
are 92 side quests in the game
Hold your horses there kiddo. Calling all of those gigs "sidequests" is preem PR department bullshittery.
No, my full sentence you partially quoted was "There are 92 side quests in the game, not including gigs or the NCPD stuff, however counting races, boxing quests or Epistrophy separately." I mentioned that separate entries are counted here for Epistrophy (8 entries), Beat on the Brat (6 entries) or The Beast in Me (5 entries). Smaller multi-part quests like Coin-Operated Boy with follow-ups are only counted once.
Just because they get an entry in the quest log, does not make them "side quests". Shit, that number probably even includes purchasable cars. :hahano:
Neither the 87 Gigs (here a whopping 18 entries go to Cyberpsycho though), nor any cars are counted among the number I mentioned. Here, Watson is incredibly front-loaded (28 entries alone).
Not counted, either, are the NCPD scanner hassles with 112 Assaults in Progress, 17 Organized Crimes and 27 Reported Crimes. Not sure whether at least the assaults wouldn't have been better handled via some randomized system though. Of course, you also have these little groups of gangsters who constantly respawn.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
No, my full sentence you partially quoted
Sowwy. :oops:
Reading about 92 missions without all that still feels weird after playing tho. But the game does have the nasty habit of chopping up what feels like one mission into tiny bits on paper tho.
IIRC the voodoo bois stuff is technically like 5 missions on paper, even tho you do it all in one flow.
Watching the BD after bringing Ev to Judy is a seperate mission, the one that breaks the rollercoaster btw.
I guess games like FNV or even standard Beth games did set my standards of what I perceive as a mission.
Sad.

Turjan

Arcane
Reading about 92 missions without all that still feels weird after playing tho. But the game does have the nasty habit of chopping up what feels like one mission into tiny bits on paper tho.
That is true. Also, some side quests are incredibly short, like you go somewhere and pick something up.

Btw, the best list I've seen so far can be found here: https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-side-jobs-walkthrough-side-quests/
The link goes to the Side Quest page, but you can find detailed lists for all the other stuff on different pages.

just

Liturgist
sidequests like fuck meredith and pick up skippy
or this one

Objectives:

• Get in the car
  • Leave the area

Turjan

Arcane
sidequests like fuck meredith and pick up skippy
or this one

Objectives:

• Get in the car
  • Leave the area
I meant stuff like "The Gift" or "The Gun", which are literally just picking something up. "The Gift" is meant as tutorial I guess. Mentioning Skippy is a bit unfair though, given that has a little bit of development to it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Skippy is great if you do not know it beforehand.
You are meant to pick lethal, then get disappointed when he switches and return him, prompting the fixer to complain someone broke him. Not keep him forever with no repercussions because the game sets no time limit after promising him to return

So many sloppy design failures. Like street cred. Incapacitate an enemy and you get the cred and eddies he is worth. Then slap him dead to get it again. "Setting flags, wus dat?".
In my game Brick has a "gravestone", even tho he is very alive in his bar. Game confused him with... a dead woman, who did not get one. Sad.

Although the listed felonies are funny, even if they are randomly generated.
For me the Glen's boxer's pregnant gf was wanted for... sexual assault. :hahano:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think the devs intend you to feel a cold hard creeping thought at the possibility you might just be being manipulated in many of the dialogues with Johnny, even the grave site scene. Even things like the dog tags, the jolly stuff re. playing with Kelly in the band, all that could just be the engram manipulating you into submission, into sacrificing your brain and body to it.

And you actually think that would be cool if its the case? If you refuse its just content you miss out on because the narrative doesn't change either way. But go ahead and try to find ways to glorify their linear story.

I think we all agree that there are lots of fake doors and levers in the game, I was just arguing against the idea that the themes are lacking in profundity, or "have been done before" (so what? they're profound, important themes, especially as tech progresses).

Myobi

Liturgist
Wish tech tree would just give you access to some kind of drone or bots, improving their stats with each level spent on it.

The game deserved an extra year in the oven tbh.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I think the devs intend you to feel a cold hard creeping thought at the possibility you might just be being manipulated in many of the dialogues with Johnny, even the grave site scene. Even things like the dog tags, the jolly stuff re. playing with Kelly in the band, all that could just be the engram manipulating you into submission, into sacrificing your brain and body to it.

And you actually think that would be cool if its the case? If you refuse its just content you miss out on because the narrative doesn't change either way. But go ahead and try to find ways to glorify their linear story.
It didn't even occur to me until Hellman mentioned it. But it does fall flat, because aside from sidequests where you let him take over, even at the very end you can still oppose his opionion. In fact, in the beginning Johnny was more of a compass pointing south to me. If anything he ended up becoming more like V.
He is far too one-dimensional in his corpo hate to be considered manipulative.
At best it may be true during his ending if he hates you. But even that requires you to let him take over willingly over every other option to get to that point.
Nah, not buying it.
If it was CDPR's intention, it was too little, too late.

But!
If you do let him take over, V begs him her knees to keep the body. It was so weird and out if place for my V I thought it was just a reuse of a V begging him not to do it sequence. Meh.

ChildInTime

Learned
Some stuff posted by the artists working on the game. Kinda reminds me of both Mass Effect and Alien: Isolation.

maciej-rebisz-cp2077-maciej-rebisz-crystalpalace-000.jpg

Silencers are useless until you get a piece of handheld piece of artillery (how the fuck does a silencer drop 30% of damage?).
While there tons of things to rant about in this game, that one actually isn't.
To make your gun "silent" you need to lower the bullet's speed below the speed of sound to avoid the sonic crack. By lowering the speed you therefore reduce the impact energy on the target (and range). Read: damage.
Better silencers somewhat do it better, so yeah, that design decision makes sense for a change. :obviously:

Isn't that just a myth? I mean most basic pistols shot subsonic right? (And low caliber pistol are the only thing I imagine you could potentially silence enough for actual stealth). If I'm going to turn a pea shooter into an even weaker weapon to make it "silent", it defeats the point if all I get is an ALARM! ALARM!

Rand al'Thor

Literate
CDPR scammed everyone, that's for sure. Geralt or every other RPG protagonist has more personality and complexity than Vincent or Valerie. Even Fallout 4 protagonist, at least we can choose him be sarcastic, good, bad, or which faction his join. (It is not good but better than V imo). V is dumb, edgy, unlikable from beginning to end. Only two important choices we make about V: What will V fuck and ending
how he continues to live the next 6 months until death
and of course V's story only lead one conclusion
death
, Geralt in Witcher 3 has different paths in the end with our choices.How CDPR backward so much, when they promised much better than their previous games. There are so many things to say but this is their biggest scam for me.

Readher

Savant
CDPR scammed everyone, that's for sure. Geralt or every other RPG protagonist has more personality and complexity than Vincent or Valerie. Even Fallout 4 protagonist, at least we can choose him be sarcastic, good, bad, or which faction his join. (It is not good but better than V imo). V is dumb, edgy, unlikable from beginning to end. Only two important choices we make about V: What will V fuck and ending
how he continues to live the next 6 months until death
and of course V's story only lead one conclusion
death
, Geralt in Witcher 3 has different paths in the end with our choices.How CDPR backward so much, when they promised much better than their previous games. There are so many things to say but this is their biggest scam for me.
Competent people left, newbie hires who weren't necessarily bad but simply not fit for a project of this scale replaced them, almost certainly at least one reboot during development, game's identity crisis, conflict of promises and actual capabilities and experience in certain areas. One could probably go on and on. As I've said before, the fact we have more agency over Geralt, who is an established character, than over V, who was supposed to be "our" character who led "our" story is disgusting. One of the key reasons people were excited for CP2077 was because CDPR could finally make a custom character instead of being limited by Geralt's established personality and traits, and yet they somehow made it even worse. Pathetic.

Sòren

Arcane
As I've said before, the fact we have more agency over Geralt, who is an established character, than over V, who was supposed to be "our" character who led "our" story is disgusting. One of the key reasons people were excited for CP2077 was because CDPR could finally make a custom character instead of being limited by Geralt's established personality and traits, and yet they somehow made it even worse. Pathetic.

as many other posters here pointed out, the thing of a custom made character in connection to a personality that is suppposed to interfere with ur natural behaviour doesn't make sense anyway. how are u supposed to feel something is wrong if there is no right?

messed up game. u all know why, most probably.

msxyz

Augur
Older silencers reduced your bullet speed but recent technology doesn't have that effect and you could pretty much fire bullets at the same speed.
Also, most of these old silencers didn't reduce the speed of a bullet enough to make it not go supersonic, which meant you had to also use subsonic ammo.

There were, however, weapons with integral silencers that allowed you to make plain supersonic ammo go subsonic.
Silencers work like a car muffler. They're effective if used in conjunction with special ammo with a reduced powder charge to keep the bullet speed down (and reduce the volume of gases produced, otherwise the silencer would need to be too big).

These ammo usually employ heavier bullets to partially compensate the loss of kinetic energy due to the lower speed. Also longer heavier bullets have better ballistic coefficient so they retain the speed more than standard ammo down range.

If you use normal ammo with a silenced weapon you'll get a somewhat reduced report, but it won't be nowhere as silent as it's shown in movies and games.

I find also somewhat ironic than the most effective silent weapon in Cyberpunk is the magnum revolver. Revolvers don't work well with silencers because there's a gap between the cylinder and the barrel that let gases and noise escape. There were revolvers made to work with silencers where the cylinder moves forward, when the hammer strikes, to seal this gap (the most famous is the Nagant used in Russia and Sweden at the beginning of the XX century)

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Older silencers reduced your bullet speed but recent technology doesn't have that effect and you could pretty much fire bullets at the same speed.
Also, most of these old silencers didn't reduce the speed of a bullet enough to make it not go supersonic, which meant you had to also use subsonic ammo.

There were, however, weapons with integral silencers that allowed you to make plain supersonic ammo go subsonic.
Silencers work like a car muffler. They're effective if used in conjunction with special ammo with a reduced powder charge to keep the bullet speed down (and reduce the volume of gases produced, otherwise the silencer would need to be too big).

These ammo usually employ heavier bullets to partially compensate the loss of kinetic energy due to the lower speed. Also longer heavier bullets have better ballistic coefficient so they retain the speed more than standard ammo down range.

If you use normal ammo with a silenced weapon you'll get a somewhat reduced report, but it won't be nowhere as silent as it's shown in movies and games.

I find also somewhat ironic than the most effective silent weapon in Cyberpunk is the magnum revolver. Revolvers don't work well with silencers because there's a gap between the cylinder and the barrel that let gases and noise escape. There were revolvers made to work with silencers where the cylinder moves forward, when the hammer strikes, to seal this gap (the most famous is the Nagant used in Russia and Sweden at the beginning of the XX century)
Unless you have one of these:

Cool little feature, i wounder if there are any guns using today.

Never thought about revolvers that way. I even thought that they would be a good choice since they don't lose as much gas as semis.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
One thing has been bugging me
Both V and Jackie witnessed Arasaka's murder
Couldn't V just post a video of that online?

I mean, it's safe to assume his augmented eyes could take photos
Also T-Bug was connected to them so she could see what they saw or at least use one of the camera's in the penthouse since she controlled the security system (so she could have made a recording of that)
Plus you also have that braindance shit, so really I can't see no way how they couldn't have recorded that
And even if the recording would have been legally considered as false it would still massively hurt Arasaka's son reputation and exonorate V a little bit

Semiurge

Cipher
One thing has been bugging me
Both V and Jackie witnessed Arasaka's murder
Couldn't V just post a video of that online?

I mean, it's safe to assume his augmented eyes could take photos
Also T-Bug was connected to them so she could see what they saw or at least use one of the camera's in the penthouse since she controlled the security system (so she could have made a recording of that)
Plus you also have that braindance shit, so really I can't see no way how they couldn't have recorded that
And even if the recording would have been legally considered as false it would still massively hurt Arasaka's son reputation and exonorate V a little bit

Lol if everyone isn't in REC mode at all times like Robocop.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wish tech tree would just give you access to some kind of drone or bots, improving their stats with each level spent on it.

The game deserved an extra year in the oven tbh.

I have the feeling this will be the sixth attribute.

680x0

Learned
My gaming mouse died so I have to complete the game with my CST trackball.... not as bad as I thought it would be.

160 hrs and I'm entering Embers right now. I think this game might be pretty good after all the DLC and fixes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom