Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's command Codexers in Syrian Warfare and crush Daesh

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
ValeVelKal any plans for the next LP? I suggest Ultimate General: Civil War - I disremember if it has separate scenarios, but the game is good and it's squad nature lends itself to that kind of thing.
Probably not, RTS games have seldom been my cup of tea.
Syrian Warfare is RTT, though. No base building and such, and each unit is more valuable.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
ValeVelKal any plans for the next LP? I suggest Ultimate General: Civil War - I disremember if it has separate scenarios, but the game is good and it's squad nature lends itself to that kind of thing.
UG:CW is a good idea, even though I am not a Civil War buff. But I actually I did have another idea, but I need to test a few things before. It would be ... different.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Excellent LP, gutted to have missed the final offensive though :/
You were the Operation Daguet of that offensive, in there so you have something to do, but left on the side because no one is sure you would do it properly.

Andnjord

Arcane
UG:CW is a good idea
Please the Confederacy on Legendary difficulty, pretty please please!!! :bounce::bounce:

Actually don't, that would be a terrible idea as you need massive amounts of metagaming knowledge and perfect coordination and tactics to get anywhere in the Legendary campaign :P

Dayyālu

Arcane
39kZP6b.png
Ahh. The sweet sound of victory. Told ya everyone would make it out alive.

*sad mumbling*

39kZP6b.png
The driver died? Oh fuck, this means we'll need to pay for a competent replacement. I've heard that Farouwk guy needs a job now, maybe he can drive tanks or something. He would make a fine conversational partner compared to you guys anyway.

39kZP6b.png
Let's go back. I have my sheep waiting.

I'm heavily disappointed at the lack of cosplay-themed sheep sets. The degeneracy of the contemporary world fails me again

maybe for my own good for once

- Did you know the game?

Yes, but mostly for memetic reasons (infamy is the best publicity it seems).

- Would you buy the game after that AAR ?

I pirated it for fun at release, but I don't particularly like this type of slavjank strategy too much. I could not "get" into Men of War or the like too.

Any comment on the AAR flow ?

Having tried a LP on your style, the amount of work needed for an update must have been high. I usually get discouraged if a LP feels like work and not fun, so my hat to ye for finishing this properly.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I'm heavily disappointed at the lack of cosplay-themed sheep sets.
The Codex will be shocked, SHOCKED ! but I am not very much into that kind of humor.

There is enough jokes to make on the poor behavior of the SAA in 2015 to avoid making basic racist jokes, IMO.

Dayyālu

Arcane
There is enough jokes to make on the poor behavior of the SAA in 2015 to avoid making basic racist jokes, IMO.

I am DEEPLY offended by your prejudices, kind sir! My innocent complaint about not finding tasteful depictions of some lass dressing herself as a fantasy version of a farm animal for fetish purposes (like in the Comicons of my youth!) has been WRONGFULLY, wrongfully interpreted as a racist remark on the entirety of the Syrian people!

I am offended, I say! This will require a duel or something to CLEANSE my stained honour!

Also everyone knows it's the Sardinians that are sheep and goat fuckers btw

Andnjord

Arcane

I am DEEPLY offended by your prejudices, kind sir! My innocent complaint about not finding tasteful depictions of some lass dressing herself as a fantasy version of a farm animal for fetish purposes (like in the Comicons of my youth!) has been WRONGFULLY, wrongfully interpreted as a racist remark on the entirety of the Syrian people!

I am offended, I say! This will require a duel or something to CLEANSE my stained honour!

Also everyone knows it's the Sardinians that are sheep and goat fuckers btw
You fool, everyone knows it's the Welsh!

mondblut

Arcane
- Did you know the game?

Nope.

- Would you buy the game after that AAR ?

Not into this kind of games really. A little CM: shock force was enough.

- Any comment on the AAR flow ?

It was hard to keep track on the map with constant camera rotation (and often no minimap on screenshots).

But at least I didn't die on turn one. I got to rain fiery death from the sky, THEN steal an NPC BMP and go frying goddamn tanks with this puny machine. Good times! :salute:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So folks,

I am starting another let's command, but I am doing it on another site (also : mine) if you are interested. In general, the idea is that I am creating a blog on historical wargames (à la CRPGAddict), and since I am there I am hosting my own let's play.

The blog is here :
https://zeitgame.net/

The next Let's Play is there - it is a turn based (WEGO) tactical game.
https://zeitgame.net/forum/topic/game-2-computer-ambush

Paging Zanzoken, Catacombs, vazha, Endemic and Kalarion for no particular reason.

Luka-boy

Arcane
So folks,

I am starting another let's command, but I am doing it on another site (also : mine) if you are interested. In general, the idea is that I am creating a blog on historical wargames (à la CRPGAddict), and since I am there I am hosting my own let's play.

The blog is here :
https://zeitgame.net/
Thanks for sharing. You have my utmost interest.
:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom