Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
113cvj2e.gif
Looks like a scene out of Shenmue

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This game is one of the best Wizardry titles ever produced.

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo

lightbane

Arcane
I've heard that fight against Beldr is "hard". IMO it's not hard, but fucking retarded. You can hurt him only with one level-dependant attack of your MC, while he summons endless waves of troops and heals himself by draining HP from your team. That's not something I would call a "tactical challenge". More like intellectually-challenged game development. Best way to win is to level-up your MC while pumping up STR and AGI or use cheat codes to do it quickly.
I went with sth even more simple: just reduced his HP to 1 using Cheat Engine:

Increasing AGI and STR to 10 each is too difficult, better hack instead like a lazy sloth.

DeSu tactics in a nutshell: you don't fight against a boss, but against a timer, with bloat numbers and single attack spamming.

I would say that's not true, but I don't remember much of DeSu1 anymore, other than endgame enemies having lots of resistances. I'm playing Desu2 3DS Edition but parked it for now, I'm not in the mood of Jrpgs lately. And the characters are worse than the first one (although there's no Yuzu at least).

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would say that's not true, but I don't remember much of DeSu1 anymore, other than endgame enemies having lots of resistances. I'm playing Desu2 3DS Edition but parked it for now, I'm not in the mood of Jrpgs lately. And the characters are worse than the first one (although there's no Yuzu at least).
Sure you can raise a party of elemental dancers and bulldoze the entire content by rock-paper-scissor instead of just holy dance, almighty physical blows and piercing multi-strikes. Anyways, the point is these games don't offer much more compelling tactics value other than tweak and fuse demons to brute force through it.
Few years ago I made a thread introduced by a pretty lengthy post about DeSu 1&2. I just overthought over a pair of games that aren't too interesting to begin with or deserving of much attention.

An undercover mission as a change of pace.
lu7rMk1.png

Within Hammerite's walls. Thief ingame sect that worships a deity known as The Builder. More than just a quirky bunch of fanatics wielding sledgehammers idly chanting old English, all of the sparse game's exposure dedicated to them in regards of builder's wisdom and sayings are quite an engaging read. Their structures stand a contrast against the prevalent late medieval setting with metalwork and steampunk elements.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

This painting world quest illustrates very well what IMO is Oblivion's biggest failing
Great premise, terrible fucking execution

This game is loaded with excellent ideas for quests
But when you actually go do them, not one lives to their potential
If they had gotten at least that right then maybe the game might have been good despite all the other shit

Well at least it's still has content that sounds appealing to engage in, none of the following Beth games have even that

Been playing Greedfall off and on. Animations are pretty bad but the game looks very nice at times, especially the armour sets. It also has a refreshing setting that hasn't been done to death yet.
screenshot2021-01-1308skwi.jpg

Ocelot

Learned

This painting world quest illustrates very well what IMO is Oblivion's biggest failing
Great premise, terrible fucking execution

This game is loaded with excellent ideas for quests
But when you actually go do them, not one lives to their potential
If they had gotten at least that right then maybe the game might have been good despite all the other shit

Well at least it's still has content that sounds appealing to engage in, none of the following Beth games have even that

When you want to add all of your interesting ideas in your game, but you can't flesh them out because you have a deadline to meet. This is what many quests feel like in Oblivion. Thankfully, it has mods that improve on most things.

The biggest offenders for me are the repetitive forts, shrines and ruins.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Been playing Greedfall off and on. Animations are pretty bad but the game looks very nice at times, especially the armour sets. It also has a refreshing setting that hasn't been done to death yet.
screenshot2021-01-1308skwi.jpg
Why on earth is there normal mapping on the wallpaper ?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
202101131812481.jpg

it's raining frogs here

202101121936311.jpg

VILLAIN!

202101121940001.jpg

HALT!

202101121954461.jpg

oh shit

202101121956061.jpg

:shredder:

202101121957531.jpg

202101121958421.jpg

goddamn spec ops frogs

202101122005091.jpg

i wonder what this button does

202101122005391.jpg

hmmm

202101122005431.jpg

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom