Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Myobi

Liturgist
One thing has been bugging me
Both V and Jackie witnessed Arasaka's murder
Couldn't V just post a video of that online?

I mean, it's safe to assume his augmented eyes could take photos
Also T-Bug was connected to them so she could see what they saw or at least use one of the camera's in the penthouse since she controlled the security system (so she could have made a recording of that)
Plus you also have that braindance shit, so really I can't see no way how they couldn't have recorded that
And even if the recording would have been legally considered as false it would still massively hurt Arasaka's son reputation and exonorate V a little bit

I might be mistaken but I think you need specific hardware to record braindances, and T-bug who had shut down the security systems fried right after the murder *shrug

Danikas

Arcane
Is that related to the incoming DLC?

Also..."sppppppaaaaaaaaaccccceeee!"
Some of that is in the game.
One of the endings.
Are these interior shots in the game though? I didnt get that ending yet.

maciej-rebisz-cp2077-maciej-rebisz-vs-shuttle-002.jpg

maciej-rebisz-cp2077-maciej-rebisz-vs-shuttle-001.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
I should probably have a look at the ending again.

Edit: The shots are different.
XYLz2Ao.jpg

LAtEBbL.jpg

The station you fly to also looks a bit different. Edit: Oops, no, it's the same, just upside down.
vcKJapP.jpg
The interior locations are similar, but not the same. The layout of the interior space is exactly the same, but objects are replaced, textures differ, and of course the lighting. So you're right, those exact shots are not in the game as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
"To be honest with you, I didn't want to play it. I had to force myself sometimes".

2/4 of the review is entirely about bugs and broken stuff.

The final verdict is... 6/10 (for PC launch).

typical user

Arbiter
"To be honest with you, I didn't want to play it. I had to force myself sometimes".

Which is exactly how I feel about this game. But I would rate it 4/10 which he sort of did by averaging all the numbers. I've stopped watching Angry Joe when I realized he is a shill, but when he roasts the game (even for the profits) I agree with his complaints 80% of the time.

In the perfect world if this game was released with all the features intact but with same amount of bugs I would rate it as 8/10. Because the amount of those just makes for a bad experience, pulls you out, ruins the immersion or important story parts. But on the other hand if the game was spotless, no bugs present but with the same amount of content I would give it 7/10 at most. So 6/10 is pretty generous for Cyberpunk 2077. And I was hyped for the game and just like AJ I can't bring myself to finish it. I went back with my friends to GTA: Online thanks to the new DLC which I thought would flop due to close release to CP2077. Oh boy I was wrong. And GTA: Online is mediocre experience focused on MTX-kids and I am having more fun with it after 5 years than a game that got released 1-month ago.

My verdict is:

:2/5:

The story, characters, music and the world are perfect but they can't save whatever this game is supposed to be. I play games because they offer interactive experience, the dynamic systems can create unique scenarios and the randomness can be amusing. I am still impressed to this day that in GTA: Vice City a random NPC can drag you out of your car and steal it - just a random script. But this game gives me the feeling that no matter what I do it will always do 1 pre-scripted thing everytime I am in one specific situation. The bugs themselves are more impressive because some of them like naked A-pose on a bike are so surreal that I couldn't even make up in my head.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Enough sayd.

CP77 is trying to do different things to PST and FNV though (e.g. driving system, the combat).

Whether or not it does them well is a different debate, but to compare dialogue options from PST to CP and imply that CP's shit dialogue has something to do with the two decade gap and general decline is.. odd. There are modern games with deeper dialogue if that's your thing. CP is more of a looter-shooter/RPG-lite.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Seeing Angsty Joe in the game merch jacket reminds me of a few weeks ago:

I was shopping for booze healthy dairy products and saw some teenfag with weird bumpers on his shoulder opposite of me. Immediately reminded me of CyberBug's pozer jackets.
And lo and behold, when he turned around it was indeed that merch thing.

Boy oh boy was that cheap looking. The thinnest brittle fake leather material I have ever seen in my life. The way it was glued around those bumpers literally screamed "Don't touch me or I rip!". :hahano:

It made Fallout76's "canvas backpacks" look like quality goods.
Very sad.

Gargaune

Magister
One thing has been bugging me
Both V and Jackie witnessed Arasaka's murder
Couldn't V just post a video of that online?

I mean, it's safe to assume his augmented eyes could take photos
Also T-Bug was connected to them so she could see what they saw or at least use one of the camera's in the penthouse since she controlled the security system (so she could have made a recording of that)
Plus you also have that braindance shit, so really I can't see no way how they couldn't have recorded that
And even if the recording would have been legally considered as false it would still massively hurt Arasaka's son reputation and exonorate V a little bit

I might be mistaken but I think you need specific hardware to record braindances, and T-bug who had shut down the security systems fried right after the murder *shrug
Hold up... So, if in 2077 people can't take photos with their intra-cranial fruitphones, does that mean nobody photographs their fucking food anymore?

GOTY!

Myobi

Liturgist
I propose a drinking game, every time you see one Bugthesda fangirl trying to use cyberpunk as a coping mechanism, take a shot.

I'll say it again, the game could have used another extra year in the oven, but one needs to be batshit crazy to compare it to bugthesda games or even No Man's Sky launch, this bloody thing might have some ridiculous ass bugs and clearly a lot of incomplete or poorly implemented features, but at least you can finish it without player mods, unofficial patches or command consoles.

I would say its better, but closer to a Mass Effect Andromeda, and I say better because unlike ME, the story is pretty decent, the characters don’t make wanna die, the animations are much better, and Panam’s ass.

If I had to slap a number on it, 6.5-7/10.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Could even be 8/10 without scaling - for enemies and equipment. Well, hope mods will fix that.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Not a bethesda fangirl at all. Cd projekt told it was an rpg. Instead is a looter shooter that clearly is miles away from the source material.
Leveled items,Gear Npcs in Cyberpunk?

This is just a themepark shooter.

I am staggered to see many on the codex doing blowjobs at cd projekt red. Do you honestly think this game is worth 60 bucks even in contents?

The only thing it has is some decent parts in the main storyline and some decent sidequests. And a fancy graphic.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Enough sayd.

CP77 is trying to do different things to PST and FNV though (e.g. driving system, the combat).

Whether or not it does them well is a different debate, but to compare dialogue options from PST to CP and imply that CP's shit dialogue has something to do with the two decade gap and general decline is.. odd. There are modern games with deeper dialogue if that's your thing. CP is more of a looter-shooter/RPG-lite.
That is what Im saying, this shouldnt be on the RPG section but be on general popamole with Borderlands and Ass Creed and other looter shooters/RPG lights where it belongs. Infinitron, only because CDPR lied about this being a RPG, doesnt make it so.:lol:

MasPingon

Arcane

Yeah, I found this odd too. This review is very forgiving.

Myobi

Liturgist
Not a bethesda fangirl at all. Cd projekt told it was an rpg. Instead is a looter shooter that clearly is miles away from the source material.

I am staggered to see many on the codex doing blowjobs at cd projekt red. Do you honestly think this game is worth 60 bucks even in contents?

The only thing it has is some decent parts in the main storyline and some decent sidequests. And a fancy graphic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

Not being the RPG you expected or wanted is fairly understandable, but its still an RPG by definition. Now is it worth 60€? I’ve sunken 180 hours already on it, and still going, does it have a lot of issues? Clearly, but luckily, I’m being able to enjoy it regardless, so to me, yes, I don’t regret spending the money on it.

Just as I don’t regret buying Skyrim, Fallout, Andromeda and so on, but they are far from perfect games.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Enough sayd.

That is what Im saying, this shouldnt be on the RPG section but be on general popamole with Borderlands and Ass Creed and other looter shooters/RPG lights where it belongs. Infinitron, only because CDPR lied about this being a RPG, doesnt make it so.:lol:

Well, it seems most people on here think PST is a useful comparison to CP77 when it comes to dialogue options... so I guess we're in a minority.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Planescape is not an useful comparsion but this game have less freedom on dialogues and even gameplay of Fallout 4

That's for speaking. Take the two in comparsion.

Open world is just an hollow scenery with retarded A.I and no interaction at all. At least in Fallout 4 i can freaking sit on a bench i can ambush a caravan along the way and i can do many things but here? You shot to an npc you turn over then return to watch that side. All NPC disappeared and car swapped.

Dialogue choices are even less than Yes Sarcastic Yes No and Questions.

Gameplay choices? Just two. Rambo vs Sneaky Netrunner.

Heck even Fallout 4 make the crafting absolutely better.

Fallout 4 even being the worst fallout has way more reactivity allows you to side with facions and again Fallout 4 is a very poor RPG.

But this is a new bottom.

THe only thing this game has better in comparsion is some of the writing on some counted quest and graphic.

You could make this game like a tube level shooter and won't change a damn thing.

THis game is linear not meaningful choice. Is just what it is a looter shooter with a story. It is not an RPG

agris

Arcane
Patron
Signs point to v1.07 dropping on steam in the next few days: https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/history/

A new QA branch was posted ~2 hours ago. Their internal QA branch is not frequently updated, and when it is, a new update is rolled out within several days (looking at previous patches).

edit: corrections

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
index.php

Enough sayd.

Let me fix that

af4400cfa90d3259e5ed87ed2bfc61f2o.png

PD: Valuating rpgs because of the number of dialog options available is retarded. Is not about the amount of options, is about if these options actually matter or not. Fallout 3 offered a lot of dialog options like New vegas but it was utterly shit because they didn't matter at all. The Witcher 3 has almost the same dialog system that Cyberpunk 2077 and it offers way more different paths and resolutions. The issue in Cyberpunk 2077 is that nothing actually matters, only the options near the end of the game.

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

index.php

Enough sayd.

Let me fix that

af4400cfa90d3259e5ed87ed2bfc61f2o.png

PD: Valuating rpgs because of the number of dialog options available is retarded. Is not about the amount of options, is about if these options actually matter or not. Fallout 3 offered a lot of dialog options like New vegas but it was utterly shit because they didn't matter at all. The Witcher 3 has almost the same dialog system that Cyberpunk 2077 and it offers way more different paths and resolutions. The issue in Cyberpunk 2077 is that nothing actually matters until near the end of the game.

THat is simply untrue many "Choice" you take in cyberpunk 2077 have not meaningful concequences. The only thing it change is the endings and 90% of them are selected trough dialogue and depends on what quest you did.
I don't agree on his initial statement but this sums it up

Come on this game is a SCAM and you are praising it!

Yosharian

Arcane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

Not being the RPG you expected or wanted is fairly understandable, but its still an RPG by definition. Now is it worth 60€? I’ve sunken 180 hours already on it, and still going, does it have a lot of issues? Clearly, but luckily, I’m being able to enjoy it regardless, so to me, yes, I don’t regret spending the money on it.

Just as I don’t regret buying Skyrim, Fallout, Andromeda and so on, but they are far from perfect games.
You don't regret buying Andromeda?

What the fuck is wrong with you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom