Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Why I fell out of love with KOTOR

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey, I saw an opportunity and I took it.
Meaning you have something against me and want me gone. :roll:

The weirdest part about all this shit is that I'm no stranger to having flame wars on the internet but I genuinely don't recall getting in one of those with you, but I do know that at some point you started having some kind of weird grudge against me.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Meaning you have something against me and want me gone. :roll:

The weirdest part about all this shit is that I'm no stranger to having flame wars on the internet but I genuinely don't recall getting in one of those with you, but I do know that at some point you started having some kind of weird grudge against me.
It's nothing personal.

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
KOTOR2 is much better written and even redeem first one in some points.
Combat is still shit though.

Absinthe

Arcane
Honestly, it annoys me that some people try to act edgy as an attempt to "fit in" on the codex.
You're the only guy here who responded to OP seriously, so I reckon you're the minority here. And posters in this thread are generally oldfags, so "The Spirit of The Place", I guess?
I wasn't talking about the other posters in the thread. I was just responding to Radek's post and talking about shit I've seen in general.

KOTOR2 is much better written and even redeem first one in some points.
Combat is still shit though.
I think there are some balance mods on Deadly Stream, but I'm not sure how good they are. Improved AI seems recommended though, given how absurdly shit the default AI is.

Last edited:

kreight

Guess what many murican "classic" games are actual shit but go ahead and try to convince other muricans those are not godlike.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
KOTOR good game? :hahano:

Seriously play second part its written much better, as to your criticism it sold well because it was done on same archetypes and motives the original trilogy was, the companions were fags aside from HK-47 and Canderous of course but that's all Bioware games (Second part was done by Obsidian who USED to have better writers before being over run by woke women with pink hair.) but Bastila being terrific Jedi because of her smugness and arrogance? This is how Jedi are and at least again second game was not shy to call on how big pricks Jedi were. Combat is indeed hard only if you build your character bad... or play on level two thru Tarsis to be more powerful Jedi/Sith Later, anyways wish you better taste in vidya games and welcome to the Codexia ranks Comrade.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I remember you two vehemently bickering about Dragon Age: Origins.

Hope this helps reignite the argument.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I recently was about to play KOTOR and just before running the executable after having set everything up I remembered the game is not worth the time I'd be investing in it

Ocelot

Learned
This is the single-player version of a Dota 2 player posting a wall of text about how much he hates game and how bad it is after clocking 3000 hours of gameplay.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
KOTOR was a great CRPG for the time, especially for Star Wars fans. It wasn't your Messiah, your God, your Holy Bible, your meaning in life, your soulmate, or any other void you have in your pathetic life. It was just a well made game. Entertainment. A way to pass the time having fun. And it was one of the best ways to pass the time having fun in 2003.

Even today it is still perfectly playable especially on Android devices which don't have so much graphic superiority as the PCs so it won't feel that outdated. But playing it for many times? No, a game like KOTOR is meant to be enjoyed once, maybe twice. And that's fine. You got your money's worth. There is no reason to say it is shit or overrated or any other garbage people say when they have played a game for 10000000 of hours and they can no longer enjoy it anymore so they begin to hate it instead. Like people have done with Skyrim here. Just let it rest.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Some people do consider KotOR 2 a flawed masterpiece though.

Screw you. It's just a masterpiece. Yeah, it has some flaws, but they don't matter that much.

Everything has some flaws. But if the flaws are minor they don't deserve to be put in a condensed 2 world description.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it the worst cRPG of all time? Not even close.
Is it the worst thing that happened to cRPGs? Yeah... probably.
KOTOR marks the beginning of consolized nuBioware and "cinematic approach" in cRPGs. Horrible poison that pollutes our niche of gaming to this day.
KOTOR is a game where the decline runs strong. It is something of the old Bioware, but it was fueled by consoles. It corrupts all that it touches - drowns it in the power of the cinematic popamole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom