Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
index.php

Enough sayd.

Let me fix that

af4400cfa90d3259e5ed87ed2bfc61f2o.png

PD: Valuating rpgs because of the number of dialog options available is retarded. Is not about the amount of options, is about if these options actually matter or not. Fallout 3 offered a lot of dialog options like New vegas but it was utterly shit because they didn't matter at all. The Witcher 3 has almost the same dialog system that Cyberpunk 2077 and it offers way more different paths and resolutions. The issue in Cyberpunk 2077 is that nothing actually matters, only the options near the end of the game.
Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk arent RPGs. They are action games with some very light elements of CYOA at best. Last RPG on this list was made on 2010.

Slaver1

Savant
Not a bethesda fangirl at all. Cd projekt told it was an rpg. Instead is a looter shooter that clearly is miles away from the source material.

Leveled items,Gear Npcs in Cyberpunk?

This is just a themepark shooter.

I am staggered to see many on the codex doing blowjobs at cd projekt red. Do you honestly think this game is worth 60 bucks even in contents?

The only thing it has is some decent parts in the main storyline and some decent sidequests. And a fancy graphic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

Not being the RPG you expected or wanted is fairly understandable, but its still an RPG by definition. Now is it worth 60€? I’ve sunken 180 hours already on it, and still going, does it have a lot of issues? Clearly, but luckily, I’m being able to enjoy it regardless, so to me, yes, I don’t regret spending the money on it.

Just as I don’t regret buying Skyrim, Fallout, Andromeda and so on, but they are far from perfect games.
Mass Effect Andromeda is straight garbage not even comparable to the worst game Bethesda ejaculated out its ass (Fallout 4.) The buggy physic-less action game CP2077 is also loads better, as disappointing as it is. Fuck MEA and the alien, irreverent post-modern sensibilities that created it.

Myobi

Liturgist
You don't regret buying Andromeda?

What the fuck is wrong with you

I don't even know where to start :(
On my defense I bought it after the shitstorm price drop, just like fallout 76. But I must confess that I had fun with the combat system, the rest sucked balls thought...

DeepOcean

Arcane
Right, so next we discuss whether C&C are essential for RPGs, because we have to compare CP2077 to Falout 4.
Nah, it isnt even a discussion, cRPGs are dead, there is no discussion to be had because the subject matter doesnt exist anymore. Once on a blue moon, a more serious pretender from a smaller developer shows up and we are so desperate that we cant really expect much anyway, so if you are going to have really incline tastes, you will need to make your own game. If the FPS genre were like the cRPG genre, there would be alot of FPS out there where you cant shoot and people would be discussing if it shooting was an essencial component for FPS because the marketing team of corporations were using the FPS term to qualify even shampoo commercials.

Games like Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk really dont deserve that discussion because they arent serious pretenders and never meant to be, the problem is that companies bastardized the RPG genre so much with Marketing nonsense that people who have no gentleman taste just use the definition spewed by the marketing teams of the AAAssholes. So, lots of newfags come with that naive bullshit on their heads and we need to educate them into gentleman tastes so they can be as miserable as we ole cRPG fans are.

Tyrr

Liturgist
You don't regret buying Andromeda?

What the fuck is wrong with you

I don't even know where to start :(
On my defense I bought it after the shitstorm price drop, just like fallout 76. But I must confess that I had fun with the combat system, the rest sucked balls thought...
I bought it 1 week after release.
BUT it was just procrastinating on my master thesis. Dropped it after the first planet.

I guess I should thank Bioware...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nah, it isnt even a discussion, cRPGs are dead, there is no discussion to be had because the subject matter doesnt exist anymore.

Plenty of them exist, they're just not AAA blockbusters and no one should ever expect them to be. Even in the CRPG heyday of Baldur's Gate 2 the sales of those games were way below what it would take to make a AAA one today. It's just not realistic at all, and you shouldn't go to Walmart looking to buy fine wine. A lot of movie fans do the same thing and rant about how they "don't make smart sci-fi movies anymore" or whatever, ignoring the many smart films that come out because they're not advertised during football games. Different markets, different things.

Yoomazir

Educated
PR talk crap, interesting that they released this video the same day Angry Joe posted his review.

What's interesting about it?
Oh, the fact that they could've done this anytime before? Maybe because AJ review videos have usually 1+ million of views on YouTube? Maybe because AJ was one of their biggest fanboy, who had direct contact with CDPR multiple times in the past? You tell me.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PR talk crap, interesting that they released this video the same day Angry Joe posted his review.

What's interesting about it?
Oh, the fact that they could've done this anytime before? Maybe because AJ review videos have usually 1+ million of views on YouTube? Maybe because AJ was one of their biggest fanboy, who had direct contact with CDPR multiple times in the past? You tell me.
What does AJ's review mean at this point? Nothing. The whole world knows about the problems of the game, it is not like AJ's video comes out and millions of people say "whaat, the game is broken???? I never heard about this before!"

Stop seeing things which are not there. Posting them at the same day is a simple coincidence.

alyvain

Learned

I think this game broke you for some reason and you're looking for mind control devices

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Fuck bug fixes. I want more elaborated side-quests with diferent options, better itemisation, a functional police (MAX-TAC presence is inexistent in this game, a fucking disgrace) and more waifus. Am I asking for too much?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom