Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sounds like a good idea to put the game on hold for the remainder of the year and see, if anything interesting comes up to make it worth picking up again.

Yoomazir

Educated
I think this game broke you for some reason and you're looking for mind control devices
It's a simple guess about 2 videos related to the same game, released the same day, one is from a big youtuber and another from the dev that came later. I have no fucking idea how you came with be being "broken" about this game, are you sure you're not projecting?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I was expecting MUCH more details to the roadmap, like dates, for example. "Next month", "in the next 10 days", "around next half" are too generic.

Give me dates, sir, I want you to commit.

Perkel

Arcane
'We are proud of the PC version'
You can go fuck yourselves CDPR

PC version is absolutely fine. There are though some folks who used AVX check removal mod that caused them to crash like motherfucker because game actually DID use AVX just not all the time. Personally game never crashed on me. I had 2 gameplay bugs (small ones) and like dozen graphical glitches. My second playtrough was similar.

also lol at their roadmap. Basaically says nothing. Moreover somehow they stopped developing DLC because why exacty and Multi is coming either way suckers.

ErpA8-_WMAUDNfV

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37298/our-commitment

CYBERPUNK 2077 — OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

72844286b7f6556a3374df207f5d606ebed63a87.jpg

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A: We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A: Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A: We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A: For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A: The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A: We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A: The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What does AJ's review mean at this point? Nothing. The whole world knows about the problems of the game, it is not like AJ's video comes out and millions of people say "whaat, the game is broken???? I never heard about this before!"

Stop seeing things which are not there. Posting them at the same day is a simple coincidence.
The truth is always at the middle. If you think that AJ has 0 influence, you're horribly wrong. But at the same time, I think they were going to publish something like this at one point or another anyway. Things were/are/are going to spiral out of control for them.

Danikas

Arcane

Lol was expecting much more thumbs down on this video seems like the hate train is dying down and the gaymers will be happy after some bugfixes :lol:. Did they cancel singleplayer dlc too? There is nothing about paid dlc on that roadmap rip singleplayer then :lol:.

ChildInTime

Learned

Lol was expecting much more thumbs down on this video seems like the hate train is dying down and the gaymers will be happy after some bugfixes :lol:. Did they cancel singleplayer dlc too? There is nothing about paid dlc on that roadmap rip singleplayer then :lol:.

Doubt they cancelled anything, if they announce an expansion now before fixing consoles they'll be eaten alive again. But as you said hate is dying down, I think when they release the real next gen console version they'll announce it the same day.

MasPingon

Arcane
They are acting like the only problem is with console version. This game on PC is absolute clusterfuck in terms of game design, for now it's like a prototype of a game. Bugs are the slightest problem. Quest designer also acts like he has done a good job, it's like they're getting info about players impressions only from CDPR forum safe space and RPGCodex.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They are acting like the only problem is with console version. This game on PC is absolute clusterfuck in terms of game design, for now it's like a prototype of a game. Bugs are the slightest problem.
Are you surprised at all?

Lol what fake advertising, no such boobs exist in the game, not even remotely.

You call that attractive? Are you from Germany?
Actually Alt struck me as distinctly Polish in the face. Maybe Germans are attracted to that type?

Angry Joe is utter cringe
He has aged, and by now looks uncanny.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I was expecting MUCH more details to the roadmap, like dates, for example. "Next month", "in the next 10 days", "around next half" are too generic.

Give me dates, sir, I want you to commit.
They're just stalling until the majority of the audience stops caring and moves on, after which they'll start hyping up the multiplayer game which was their main focus all along.

CDPR want to be the next Rockstar.

JustMyOnion

Educated
Sounds like a good idea to put the game on hold for the remainder of the year and see, if anything interesting comes up to make it worth picking up again.
If nothing else, maybe RTX 3000 cards will be actually available so you can play this game at over 60 FPS with the highest settings.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol what fake advertising, no such boobs exist in the game, not even remotely.
Ass>Boobs
She has the best ASSets in the game.
True, boobs are just a bonus to the ass. Also, you can improve an ass with workouts, but for boobs you work with what God gave you.

I agree with this dude, milk the fucking sheep.

All I learned from this diagram is that Patch 1.2 will come after Patch 1.1 and not before that. Very informative. Reminds me of the maps in Thief: TDP, only they made the missions more fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom