Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
you know, after at least 15 straight years (since the HD era began) of "We already got your money, dude. :^)" it seems like ya'll just dont know what the fuck to think about CDPR.

Gargaune

Magister

Are those Witcher 3-style strings I hear in the background around the 1-minute mark? Marcin, are you trying to subliminally influence us by associating our fond memories of TW3 with your message?... 'Cause it's kinda working.

But we made it even more difficult for ourselves by wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles, especially old gens.
How does it feel now that the shoe's on the other foot, console plebs? Decades of butchered control schemes, TV user interfaces and matchbox-sized levels, now it's your turn to taste the decline! :smug:

Look, all that aside, I appreciate the gesture with Iwinski going out of his way to explain their position, though I suppose dire PR measures were to be expected given how badly the press and social media blew the situation out of proportion. That said, it doesn't really change my take on Cyberpunk. I've spent like 40 hours with the game and, at least playing on a recent PC, bugs weren't the issue, but the game itself - it's not terrible, just not great either. Some key gameplay designs are very disappointing and the writing, while kinda interesting around the main plot, hasn't really hooked me like TW3 did. Maybe the latter will change as I progress further, I've taken a break for now and gone back to Deus Ex with a side of Enderal, but I expect my general impression will hold - Cyberpunk's a majestic-looking but ultimately middling Action-Adventure (RP)G on the whole.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Regarding the doe-eyed "commitment to quality"... man, however you try to spin this - you shipped a game where the guy's dick is clipping through his pants in the inventory screen. This was rushed out underbaked like no other game has ever been, literally with no pants on.

And you come asking for people to trust you.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Regarding the doe-eyed "commitment to quality"... man, however you try to spin this - you shipped a game where the guy's dick is clipping through his pants in the inventory screen. This was rushed out underbaked like no other game has ever been, literally with no pants on.

Would you prefer another Fallout 76-tier disaster where they ban people for being good at the game because they assume they were cheating

Danikas

Arcane
Now this nigga is pure hyperbole there have been plenty of games like this Kotor 2, Vtmb, Arcanum. :lol: and Im saying this as fan of those games fans dedicated their shitty lifes to restoring kotor 2 cut content and fixing broken vtmb...

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
index.php

Enough sayd.
Link the CDPR forum post, I want the salt.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
What does it matter to me? I still had to pay the same price for them at release.
The point is that they're not in a position to use the "time and money" excuse Obsidian & Friends have regularly used over the years.
So, when they end up releasing a big stinker as they have, the blame is entirely on the capabilities of the company.

Tyrr

Liturgist
As much as I want to criticize CDPR, I don't remember Bioware/EA acting similar after ME:A or Anthem (they just abandoned the games).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Oh, the fact that they could've done this anytime before? Maybe because AJ review videos have usually 1+ million of views on YouTube? Maybe because AJ was one of their biggest fanboy, who had direct contact with CDPR multiple times in the past? You tell me.

Years ago I read articles about how Youtubers and streamers were going to be the celebrities of the future and I thought people saying that were batshit crazy. No way random assholes ranting online about other people's art could become that big a deal. Jokes on me I guess.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hummm... no talk of paid DLC? Could it be they wanted to avoid mentioning that as they feared backlash or did they shelve these plans for DLC? I mean, it is strange they didnt mentioned it and we learned that with CDPR that if anything isnt written on contract, we really cant trust it actually happening. I mean, right now would be the time to say, guise, we fucked up,we are going to make the free DLCs much better and double down on the paid DLCs. Could be they avoiding to overpromising? But it is strange why they didnt say something "As before the launch, we promised paid DLC, we will double down on free DLC and going to support the game with those two new expansion size DLC!"

This vague, we will fix shit on 2021, "true story, bro!", with he claiming the PC version is alright as if he was saying he only compromise himself with fixing the performance of the consoles as if this was only the big issue.... hmmm, sorry guise, dont trust a single word this guy says, lesser than even Todd, anyone that trust anything this guy says is a fucking sheep.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane

"We didnt see the dick from that guy sticking out of his pants." Man, where did they find those Q&A testers so used to see dicks hanging from pants? Are they so used to see that, that they didnt notice? Do they work on a gay bar?

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
again we should really be comparing this action to shit like Bethesda having to be forced to make good on their promises

Semiurge

Cipher

"We didnt see the dick from that guy sticking out of his pants." Man, where did they find those Q&A testers so used to see dicks hanging from pants? Are they so used to see that, that they didnt notice? Do they work on a gay bar?

Haha, frank 'n beans!

mary_franknbeans.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom