Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Ulfhednar

Savant
I am playing IWDEE now and I could be wrong but the pathing feels a little worse than when I first played it, party members keep getting stuck at places or running into each other constantly.
Do your characters keep getting stuck on top of each other (overlapping green circles)? Was happening quite frequently when I played IWDEE recently, and I don't ever recall that happening in vanilla IWD. If you give them a target destination, they will escape the heap one at a time, but this was pretty big decline in performance from Beamdog.

Tigranes

Arcane
"Improved graphics"

Half the screen is UI when you play an IE game, so it's not much of an improvement when you replace it with some dude learning visual basic and can't even fit all the text in the box properly

In my world EEs do not exist and I am just fine

Theldaran

Liturgist
"Improved graphics"

Half the screen is UI when you play an IE game, so it's not much of an improvement when you replace it with some dude learning visual basic and can't even fit all the text in the box properly

In my world EEs do not exist and I am just fine

They almost managed to do the interface, including text display, right. EE are playable... more or less. But it's not by any means a great improvement.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I saw a screenshot of the UI for IWD:EE. It was so gothy I think I'd have to start taking prozac by the time I'd finished rolling my party. Amazing how these so-called artists interpret things that are so far off key from the original.

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Speaking of different ways of playing Icewind Dale, does anyone have any experience running both IWD and IWD2 in GemRB?

Theldaran

Liturgist
Luckily GOG offers IWD original edition along with the EE in one package. Useful for when your HOF mode gets broken in EE.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Sales tend to bundle things together, being the ideal time at to which buy a game.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
I know but Icewind Dale(non EE) doesn't exist as a separate item on gog at least as I've checked back then when I was buying it, I've heard "base" game is bundled with it but it wasn't.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I know but Icewind Dale(non EE) doesn't exist as a separate item on gog at least as I've checked back then when I was buying it, I've heard "base" game is bundled with it but it wasn't.

When was that?

Melcar

Arcane
When I bought IWDEE I received a code for the original. I also received codes for BG, BGII and PST when I got the EE versions of each. That was a while ago.

groundhog

Educated

This is how it works on Baldur's Gate (EE), so I'm assuming it's the same for IWD:

- Click on Icewind Dale (EE) in your library
- Click on 'More'
- Click on 'Serial Keys'
- Copy and paste the link into your address bar to get the original version of the game

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i decided to give this a spin. Somebody needs to tell me exactly what they did because the game is WAY too easy and i'm not talking about the inclusion of kits and the like. Up until Yxunomei the game seemed as hard as i remember, and i know there was a drop in difficulty after that even in the original, but man i went through the entirety of Dorn's Deep, the glacier, and now Lower Dorn's Deep and i'm just straight up murdering anything without the slightest hint of strategy. Granted i got a Bard this time which i never played before and didn't expect Warchant of the Sith to be THIS broken but, i don't know.

Keep in mind that i'm playing on insane with the XP bonus turned off. Kits or no kits the original was a challenge WITH the double XP bonus which you couldn't turn off, and here i am walking with half the XP i had on my last run in the original and it's actually easier. And to say they made it easier on purpose is to give them too much credit. I have a feeling transposing the game to the BG2 engine broke something else, some under the hood shenanigans that can't be seen.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IWD:EE lives: https://steamcommunity.com/games/321800/announcements/detail/3068607748522683532

New 2.6 Beta Available Now!
Is the 2.6 Patch ready to release? Test out the new beta & tell us what you think!

Patch 2.6 is almost ready!
A new Beta for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is available now, and we want your feedback. Are we ready for the big release? Go on an adventure and share your thoughts!

How to Join the Beta
a10b15ed8bc5e1eae1139ae10ca39ba4049d8e37.png

Important
- This is NOT the last update for IWD:EE
- 2.6 will not fix every issue— but we hope to improve the game in future updates
- Here's what we've focused on for this patch: 2.6 Patch Items
- System Requirements have changed:
Minimum: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit, OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 18.04 or equivalent
- Please check your device meets the updated System Requirements before testing
- Make sure your device supports 64-bit games

How to Participate
- Playthrough some quests
- Tell us about *new bugs (the beta shouldn't add any issues) - comment below!
- Tell us about major issues affecting saves, visuals, sound & quality - comment below!
- VOTE on the release, and include your OS (Windows, macOS, Linux)
  • Yes, Release the Patch!
  • No, it's not ready! (Please explain)

*You can also participate on the Beamdog Forums!

How to opt-in & verify you're using the correct version
  • Please make sure you're using a clean (unmodded) install. Clear your override folder before testing the beta build
  • In your Steam Library, Right-Click Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition and choose “Properties”
  • Click on the Beta Tab
  • Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
  • If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
  • In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 2.6.2.0

We won't move forward with a 2.6 Patch release until we hear feedback from enough Windows, Linux & macOS players for each game included in this update:
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (New Beta Available!)
  • Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (New Beta Available!)
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition (New Beta Available!)

Check out testing progress on the Beamdog Forums!

Vote Below (include your OS)
Is the 2.6 Patch ready to release?
  • Yes, Release the Patch! [Windows / macOS / Linux]
  • No, It's not ready! [Windows / macOS / Linux]

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Is there a list of changes with this new patch? I couldn't find a list on the Beamdog forums. I'm more curious than anything to know what the changes are from their last patch from 2 years ago (patch 2.5 came out in 2018!).

Not that I would play this now since I got all the achievements.
Clipboard01.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Imagine those system requirements from a game that came out 20 years ago..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom