Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most Replayed RPG of 2020 - Codex Survey

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. If a game is no fun to replay - especially after so many years - that it essentially fails as a game, even if it excels as a story, or some other form or linear media.

The post in which V_K discovered that storyfaggotry is bad. Draw your own conclusions about PS:T. Welcome to the Dark Side.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A well executed game is much preferable to a well executed interactive movie, but will be found more and more rarely as time goes on.

V_K

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. If a game is no fun to replay - especially after so many years - that it essentially fails as a game, even if it excels as a story, or some other form or linear media.

The post in which V_K discovered that storyfaggotry is bad. Draw your own conclusions about PS:T. Welcome to the Dark Side.
Bitch, show me one post where I was arguing otherwise. I'm my own side, thankyouverymuch - I'm not very fond of combat either.

welly321

Scholar
Fuck, what do people still find in BG1 and BG2, I can't fathom :D

I'm starting to agree with this sentiment. Actually the reason I entered this thread in the first place is for ideas of what to play... literally nothing is grabbing me.
Yeah, I'm thinking that may be the best utility of this poll. I haven't played any Gothic game nor Elex, but now I'll try them.

Any older forum member could have more or less predicted the top 10, that's probably not the biggest news.
You have a risen avatar yet have never played Gothic 1 or 2?

Renfri

Cipher
Actually finished:
NWN2: MotB
Way of The Samurai 3-4 (many times ofc)

Didn't finish:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
D:OS1
Valkyrie Chronicles

MMOs take too much time...

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You have a risen avatar yet have never played Gothic 1 or 2?
My avatar isn't from Risen, it's from Gwent's Artbook, given out as a PDF together with Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. I submitted 209 portraits I made from pictures in that artbook.

Of course a smug monocled guy like Thaler would be what I picked for myself.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Jesus Christ NOT Planescape on the top. So fresh.

That' because it's a game that's ot about replays, it left so strog impact o you that there is o poit to replay it.
Same for me for System Shock 2 - I remebr it so clearly that there is o poit to replay it 20 years after.
Yes, my letter as i word egro does't work ow.

Rieser

Scholar
ToME 4
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Battle Brothers
Age of Decadence
Underrail

Probably forgot one or two, but these five are the only ones I've spent a lot of time on.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
NWN: Swordflight
Icewind Dale

Expeditions: Viking - if it counts that I played it for the first time earlier in 2020, then started a new playthrough in December.
Pillars 2: Deadfire - if it counts that I've never finished it, but have started and stopped a few times, one of which was in 2020

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Updated OP.

I think it's definitely proven that the new crop of old school RPGs - Underrail, Battle Brothers, PKM, AoD - have been firmly accepted into the Codex pantheon. On the other hand Pillars 1 and 2 mostly haven't been.

Max Damage

Savant
Updated OP.

I think it's definitely proven that the new crop of old school RPGs - Underrail, Battle Brothers, PKM, AoD - have been firmly accepted into the Codex pantheon. On the other hand Pillars 1 and 2 mostly haven't been.
PoE was so promising, shame the game became progressively duller after Raedric's Hold. It's far from the worst RPG I've ever played, but it's just so fucking boring. I've replayed previous Obsidian games many times, this is the one that broke the streak.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Gothic 2
Gothic 3
Fable 1
Deus Ex
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Fallout 1
Dark Souls
Age of Decadence

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom