Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Classic D&D/AD&D/OSR Art

Alex

Arcane
Guessing the guy with the mace is a cleric and he's cast protection from evil?

I dunno, the effect the image brings doesn't much match with protection from evil. The idea seems to show that he is immune to the arrows, but I don't know what cleric spell would fit well with that. I think protection from normal weapons might fit the bill, but that is an arcane spell, not a divine one. Maybe it is a spell from some sourcebook, or even one specific to an adventure?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The mace-wielding cleric is the evil High Priest Xanathon from adventure module X3 The Curse of Xanathon. The artwork likely depicts him casting a striking spell to increase damage from his mace, before he attacks the PCs. Xanathon is
invulnerable to all damage, until the PCs retrieve the diamond containing his life force, which will occur only after their initial confrontation.

A horse of course

dZVBv5Y.jpg

Me on the left

Bara

Arcane
The mace-wielding cleric is the evil High Priest Xanathon from adventure module X3 The Curse of Xanathon. The artwork likely depicts him casting a striking spell to increase damage from his mace, before he attacks the PCs. Xanathon is
invulnerable to all damage, until the PCs retrieve the diamond containing his life force, which will occur only after their initial confrontation.

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense then. Original I thought it was protection against evil (just swapped to good or something in this case) since the spell pervents melee engagment and not ranged attacks. So I thought that's what was up with the arrows.

Bara

Arcane
Lack of dark sun & spelljammer in here needs fixing. Also bonus manual of planes cover

brom-dark-sun.jpg

ghost-ship.jpg
Legend-of-Spelljammer-Jeff-Easley.jpg
EQu76rqW4AMzxju.png
b7c99e4a4c8d7cfe8148f028f8dd9948--sci-fi-art-fantasy-characters.jpg
manual-of-the-planes-cover-art-jeff-easley.jpg

Last edited:

Bara

Arcane
Fixed it thanks!.

As for art here's bits and bobs from the World of Greyhawk box set. Also I feel text too can be art so I included Gygax's stat bloc.

de5030453156dd233a791bec054314c6--knights-the-story.jpg
591e53d00e13970ba8da635aef3e2d5e--fictional-world-the-games.jpg
d5551391675febae18d4b9f3b6c3da64--the-streets-fantasy-art.jpg
Capture.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom