Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2020 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
So basically this is year its either Wasteland 3 or that Sharpshooter weabo game.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
At least Cyberpunk 2077's trashfire release is entertaining. I gave it a solid 2.
I 100% agree with this. The "is it an RPG?" question is unanswerable, we can only rely on what the people behind the games have to say about them.
So Disco and Hades are RPGs.
Good to know.
Seriously, why are such plebian opinions tolerated on the Codex?

Nostaljaded

Savant
fantadomat said:
Ahh you are overthinking it mate.We will just plop a recommendation thread for rpgs that were released in 202X year that went under the radar,so people could post them. At some point i will get a bottle of rakia and shift trough all the garbage,ignoring boring JRPGs that butthurt weebs were spamming and games that had nothing to do with rpgs but X retard liked it and decided to recommend it for a goty. Two three weeks later Felipe will do the same and post his goty poll.

It is a codex goty,it makes no sense to have non-rpgs or majority jrpgs as options. It is a forum for classic RPGs after all. Still the main point of the thread would be for people to find/recommend new games that could have went under the radar. That said,there is plenty of threads about obscure rpgs and rpgs that came out during X year.

[Threads below]
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/upcoming-role-playing-games.119870/page-45
Abu and other posters are doing good work over there. However, the amount of games in there that piques my interests are minuscule.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...serve-more-attention-updated-jan-2020.106945/
That's a really good thread to look for obscure games. Thanks :)

demoman

Educated
Damn, i am sad now... One of the reasons i wanted to join the codex was specifically because of the yearly polls which helped me discover some of my favorite recent rpgs.

I guess its been already said to death but WTF 2020? There was nothing in there that i could give a perfect rating to. Even when including barely rpg games that i actually enjoyed (like Troubleshooter for example). I googled literally every single game on that list i didn't know and nothing seemed interesting.

I am starting to agree with the assessment that, regardless of your feelings about Cyberpunk as a game, one of the worst things it did was hold back other devs.

Skdursh

Savant
Wow, what an absolutely shit list. There are like maybe 3 decent games out of the bunch and a whole lot of them that I wouldn't even consider to be an RPG.

Also, no Stoneshard, Bannerlord, FFVII Remake, Baldur's Gate III, Solasta or Demon's Souls Remake?

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I 100% agree with this. The "is it an RPG?" question is unanswerable, we can only rely on what the people behind the games have to say about them.
So Disco and Hades are RPGs.
Exactly.

Disco Elysium is an RPG:

3jRjWOr.png

Jagged Alliance 2 is an RPG:

O3RM9Xf.png

Horizon Zero Dawn is an RPG:

lBifyPj.png

Us not liking those games doesn't mean that they aren't RPGs. It just means that we don't like (modern) RPGs that much.

SenisterDenister

Educated
Why the hell isn't Mount and Blade Bannerlord on there? Or ATOM RPG Trudograd? Or Stoneshard? Why the hell is Genshin Impact on here? It's a chinese gacha game and a fucking Marvel Avengers game? What kind of console slanted list is this? I haven't heard of half of these games. This list sucks. Put actual website related games on there.

Black

Arcane
Why the hell isn't Mount and Blade Bannerlord on there? Or ATOM RPG Trudograd? Or Stoneshard? Why the hell is Genshin Impact on here? It's a chinese gacha game and a fucking Marvel Avengers game? What kind of console slanted list is this? I haven't heard of half of these games. This list sucks. Put actual website related games on there.
It's not a Codexian poll for Codex users, it's a normie poll for r*dditors with the Codex troll stamped to it so faggots on 4chaneddit can wank to these "rpgs".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom