Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Selaco - A Doom engine FPS inspired by FEAR and the classics - coming to Early Access in May

Nexxtic

Arcane
Developer
i somehow finished the entirety of Unreal 1 without realizing i'm playing as a female character

Wait a sec

You play as a woman in Unreal

Well, you're not alone with the brainfog

There is a 5-page codex topic about an upcoming thing that has shown 20 seconds of gameplay, but we don't have a separate topic for Ashes 2063 / Ashes Afterglow?

It's discussed in the Doom mod thread somewhat extensively. Also what else you can say bar "it's awesome"?

How could you made her a redhead! Don't you know about the planned genocide of red-headed women by the Shadow New Order World Government?

You dont play a female perse. You can "create" a character in the options menu of Unreal.

I believe it's even possible to play as a Skaarj Trooper if you want to.

Dayyālu

Arcane
You dont play a female perse. You can "create" a character in the options menu of Unreal.

Yeah, I clearly remember a very male avatar getting splattered by explosives repeatedly. I was terrible back then.

Unreal 2 had a fixed protagonist tho, the most efficient black man in the universe with the second in command with the worst fashion sense in the universe. Of that i'm certain.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
i somehow finished the entirety of Unreal 1 without realizing i'm playing as a female character

Wait a sec

You play as a woman in Unreal

Well, you're not alone with the brainfog

I believe it's even possible to play as a Skaarj Trooper if you want to.
The default is female and that's canon. But I've had it inadvertently change when installing the fan patch, so who knows what people end up with.

You actually can't play singleplayer as Skaarj without modding. Only ‘human’ type characters are allowed, as the Skaarj's hitboxes are actually larger and can't fit into some spaces.

Another fun fact about Unreal is that the weapons are model for left-handed view, and if you play it any other way, you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
Unreal's canonically a female character. You also play as a woman in Medal of Honor: Underground, and in the Dark Forces 2 expansion, and in Wheel of Time, and in Stalin Subway Red Veil (legendary game), and in the Dishonored 2 expansion, and in Trespasser, and of course in Perfect Dark and No One Lives Forever... plus, recently, Half-Life: Alyx, Ion Fury, and the demon thing in Hedon. That's not to mention all the FPSes where you have an option to choose between a male or female character(s) - Rise of the Triad, Delta Force, the Hexen 2 expansion, Turok 3, Elite Force, every Rainbow Six, the aforementioned Blood 2 (which really is one of the worst piece of shit games ever), the more recent Far Cry games, countless online shooters like Unreal Tournament, Overwatch, some Battlefields, some Call of Dutys... you can even be a female Klingon warrior in Klingon Honor Guard. Then we've got all the FPS/RPG hybrids which let you choose your sex - the new Fallouts, every Elder Scrolls, Deus Ex Invisible War, The Outer Turds, VTMB, etc.

I swear to god people who get butthurt over this shit don't even play games, or at least don't play them anymore. Maybe they've got early-onset dementia and forgotten everything they've played. It's a fucking mirror image of the first wave of "progressive" culture warriors who didn't really play or care about games, but dove in to use the medium as a political football for their dogshit boring culture war opinions. People who shit their pants uncontrollably at the sight of a female character, as if that's unusual in a videogame, have started doing the same exact thing, and are part of the reason online discussion of videogaming - and the gaming community - has gone directly to shit without passing GO or collecting £200. The first few pages of this thread are one of the top ten embarassments in recent memory on this site, and that's saying something. It's like reading ResetERA in the mirror universe, except without the mass banning. I'm half-expecting a bearded Spock to come in and start whining at me about how you're not allowed to play as men in games anymore.

Citizen

First of, the female actress is completely wrong, she sounds way too cutesy, an actual female soldier type would basically be a man with tits, because guess what? High testosterone is a requirement, not a choice.

"Why can't we have hot/cute female protagonistss in videogames anymore like we did in the 90's? ...By the way mr.developer, please make your cute female protagonist a high-T tranny because feminine women soldiers are unrealistic!"

"Why do fucking SJWs always try to inject reality in the videogames, videogames are an escapist fantasy! By the way I'm FUCKING TIRED of FEMALE PROTAGONISTS in videogames, it's sooooooo UNREALISTIC, man!"

Fucking gay-dex :lol:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
There's already some good GZDOOM (I fucking insist on saying GZDOOM instead of DOOM Engine) mods where you play as female. One where you can play as thicc girl, can change dresses, but these dresses actually change you combat abilities; the one where you play as a girl and fight against some weirdo who's planning to take the world with his gay-clones army. The premise of latter is especially, eh, interesting.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're telling me you never died? Or looked at one of the various mirror-like surfaces?

The first time i played Unreal was on a blurry 14" monitor using software rendering at 320x240 with most settings turned down so things weren't exactly clear (with Unreal being a dark game not helping) and due to not wanting my parents notice me playing games all day i had the sound at a very low volume most of the time.

Also i didn't finish Unreal in a single session, i was playing it in short bursts in between other games for a long time (took me months to finish it - it was one of the first FPS games i played and at the time i was playing only with the keyboard which didn't help in terms of difficulty :-P) so i was most likely not paying much attention to the main character either.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Who cares if the game is good?

It matters because it is cultural subversion.

Pointing out that soy faggotry was a thing as far back as the 90s is not saying much. One of the biggest action movies of the time (T2) had a wombyn commando. Nerds accepted that shit then but are now wondering why things got so out of hand today.

Why indeed. In fact, you can trace the stronk wombyn trope as far back as the 50s. Back then it was stronk woman though not quite a man (even Robert E. Howard used that trope). In the 80s it became women can do everything men can do. In the 90s it became men dumb, women always smart and good. Today a character like Duke Nukem would get your game shut down for misogyny.

This is the consequence of running a lie to the ground for over a century.

No, men and women aren't interchancgable. And that's the end of the argument. You tried and tried to pretend otherwise for decades and decades and now people are just starting to get fed up with this shit. It's simply not true. Traditional societies always had it right. You can scream mysoginy all you want people aren't going to listen anymore.

There's a lot of feminist nonsense in old school games that would be controversial today just because of the storm that's raging over this shit. But whose fault is that? We didn't start this war the SJWs did.

Riskbreaker

Eradicator allowed you to play as a catgirl and, as one of the many curious features it was bloated with, you could play in third person so that men of culture could appreciate her... spritework.
Clearly the Codex's favourite old shooter of which Codex paradoxically isn't even aware.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You're telling me you never died? Or looked at one of the various mirror-like surfaces?

The first time i played Unreal was on a blurry 14" monitor using software rendering at 320x240 with most settings turned down so things weren't exactly clear (with Unreal being a dark game not helping) and due to not wanting my parents notice me playing games all day i had the sound at a very low volume most of the time.

Also i didn't finish Unreal in a single session, i was playing it in short bursts in between other games for a long time (took me months to finish it - it was one of the first FPS games i played and at the time i was playing only with the keyboard which didn't help in terms of difficulty :-P) so i was most likely not paying much attention to the main character either.

This is news to me too. I simply do not remember this at all lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
First of, the female actress is completely wrong, she sounds way too cutesy, an actual female soldier type would basically be a man with tits, because guess what? High testosterone is a requirement, not a choice.

"Why can't we have hot/cute female protagonistss in videogames anymore like we did in the 90's? ...By the way mr.developer, please make your cute female protagonist a high-T tranny because feminine women soldiers are unrealistic!"

"Why do fucking SJWs always try to inject reality in the videogames, videogames are an escapist fantasy! By the way I'm FUCKING TIRED of FEMALE PROTAGONISTS in videogames, it's sooooooo UNREALISTIC, man!"

Fucking gay-dex :lol:

Are you really that stupid not to see that both complains are directed at the same degeneracy?

The attack on femininity and the masculization of women go hand in hand. You are not allowed to have cute women for the same reason you are not allowed to have male heroes.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
One of the biggest action movies of the time (T2) had a wombyn commando.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Sarah Connor (bar the last horrendous movie from yesteryear) is one of the best written female "strong" character in the modern cinema. She has her story ark - starting out as weak and startled, relying on man to protect her, but after the man is gone she has to do it herself and now she has a kid to protect. Her motives are clear as ice - she has a kid, and she has to protect the kid. No superficial nonsense. I mean, anyone can compare her to that blonde girl and mexican one from the last abortion of a reboot and see the difference.

Not to say that her "commando" mission ends up unfinished for she has no nerve to coldbloodedly execute the negro.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
zLjrphf.png

Have some artwork of Dawn so you people can bitch about something again!

EDIT: I DID NOT KNOW IT WOULD BE THIS BIG.

EDIT2: Cut the resolution in half. Phew.
4YlddKH.png

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Sarah Connor is bullshit. Women aren't commandos and they never will be. It doesn't matter how much skill and talent you bring to bare in your fiction you are still not going to change reality.

It was fun and games back then when this stuff was new and when it wasn't forced down the troat of people constantly. Now it's become fucking unbearable.

BTW, let's not forget Linda Hamilton's screed (and you know it was all her, no way Cameron wrote that shit) in T2 about how men don't know how to create yadda yadda. That wasn't part of the character that was Hamilton shoving her retarded third wave feminist bullshit in the film.

Curratum

Israel would like to have a word with you, Lyric Suite

I mean, god, how much of an insecure, peenless moron must you be to so actively try to persuade yourself women are so deeply inferior? :|

p.s. As for the character design, I like it overall, but I feel the choker looks out of place.

Beowulf

Arcane
Israel would like to have a word with you, Lyric Suite

I mean, god, how much of an insecure, peenless moron must you be to so actively try to persuade yourself women are so deeply inferior? :|

p.s. As for the character design, I like it overall, but I feel the choker looks out of place.

Top performing women have worse results than top performing men in sports, and that's a fact.
That doesn't stop women becoming competent and competitive in many disciplines. But that's neither here nor there.

What's more baffling is bringing this argument to video games or any other media. I don't mind playing as any character, be that sexy chick, alien dog with tentacles, or steroid packed guy if that works within the theme.
Char design here is ok, even better than the standard over-sexualized portrayal, from what we've seen so far.
All that said character in this types of game should be secondary to other things, like gameplay mechanics, level design, etc. I don't understand the fixation on "mah wymyn ruining my videogames"

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You haven't gotten the faintest idea of what we are dealing with here.

It has nothing to do with inferiority and superiority and it's about the objective reality and concrete worth of the sexes as opposed to this perverted idea that feminity is worth something only if it takes the mantle of masculity and if you object you must hate women (even though i cannot think of a greater hatred for the female sex than this idea that women are worth nothing unless they get shoved into masculine roles).

Sarah Connor is the actual manifestation of hatred of women. You have it completely upside down.

Beowulf

Arcane
You haven't gotten the faintest idea of what we are dealing with here.

It has nothing to do with inferiority and superiority and it's about the objective reality and concrete worth of the sexes as opposed to this perverted idea that feminity is worth something only if it takes the mantle of masculity and if you object you must hate women (even though i cannot think of a greater hatred for the female sex than this idea that women are worth nothing unless they get shoved into masculine roles).

Sarah Connor is the actual manifestation of hatred of women. You have it completely upside down.

Yes, that's concerning.

Every time I get an alert to this thread and decide to actually check it out, the topic has managed to completely change the entirety of its discussion to something else to the point where even the developer has recently said more about unreal than his own game in his games own thread.

And as such, I coin this thread the official homeland of the new term that I've just pulled out of my ass:
speed sperging
noun
an organized social activity in which people seeking the ability to sperg have a series of short spergs with potential spergers in order to determine whether there is mutual interest to sperg about.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eradicator allowed you to play as a catgirl and, as one of the many curious features it was bloated with, you could play in third person so that men of culture could appreciate her... spritework.
Clearly the Codex's favourite old shooter of which Codex paradoxically isn't even aware.

I do not think Eradicator is that obscure considering it is available on both GOG and Steam nowadays. Though truth be told i only learned about it after it was released on Steam (IIRC the GOG release came later). And yes, catgirl.

OctavianRomulus

Learned

Pointing out that soy faggotry was a thing as far back as the 90s is not saying much. One of the biggest action movies of the time (T2) had a wombyn commando. Nerds accepted that shit then but are now wondering why things got so out of hand today.

Why indeed. In fact, you can trace the stronk wombyn trope as far back as the 50s. Back then it was stronk woman though not quite a man (even Robert E. Howard used that trope). In the 80s it became women can do everything men can do. In the 90s it became men dumb, women always smart and good. Today a character like Duke Nukem would get your game shut down for misogyny.

No, men and women aren't interchancgable. And that's the end of the argument. You tried and tried to pretend otherwise for decades and decades and now people are just starting to get fed up with this shit. It's simply not true. Traditional societies always had it right. You can scream mysoginy all you want people aren't going to listen anymore.

There's a lot of feminist nonsense in old school games that would be controversial today just because of the storm that's raging over this shit. But whose fault is that? We didn't start this war the SJWs did.

I like tits and ass. I don't see the problem.

I'd understand your concerns if they made her look like a man like in TLOU.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Every time I get an alert to this thread and decide to actually check it out, the topic has managed to completely change the entirety of its discussion to something else to the point where even the developer has recently said more about unreal than his own game in his games own thread.

And as such, I coin this thread the official homeland of the new term that I've just pulled out of my ass:
speed sperging
noun
an organized social activity in which people seeking the ability to sperg have a series of short spergs with potential spergers in order to determine whether there is mutual interest to sperg about.

The thread will be pruned shortly. Knowing that, there's no reason not to go to town with this lol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I like tits and ass. I don't see the problem.

I'd understand your concerns if they made her look like a man like in TLOU.

The people who want women to put on uniforms are the same people who want to take your tits and ass away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom