Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Zer0wing

Cipher
"Muh diversity is strength" my ass.

CROmagnon

Augur

I would just like to touch on the "crunch" bullshit. When we are talking "crunch" we are talking overtime. Since CDPR are based in Poland and labor laws are similar across the EU, the overtime issue is probably the same as in for example in Germany or even Croatia. If an employer asks you to work overtime you have to comply with the request but overtime hours are limited yearly/monthly and your employer has to pay you more for those hours. Overtime is not uncommon and there is virtually no profession or industry where it doesn't happen. If the developers were asked to do overtime in accordance with the law and they got paid I see no problem, so they can go and cry me a fucking river. If they haven't gotten paid and/or worked overtime excessively then they can take the bastards to court and they will win. Now if someone here is from Poland and knows for a fact that the situation is different than I described I will gladly eat my words.

Also, the bit where someone felt ostracised because two guys said KURWA a few times in conversation is complete snowflake bullshit and contributes nothing to the believability of the article or the statements made in it.

As for the game itself, bugs and glitches aside, it is clear to anyone who has played it, that is unfinished and released waaay too soon. Even the part of the story seem butchered, especially the third act. Feels rushed and incomplete. The last dialog with Hanako just doesn't fit with what comes after it for example. It's a shame because there is much to like about this game but for every one thing it does good it manages to shit the bed in two other places. So for CDPR it is redemption time. Will they fix what can be fixed? We will see.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
"Junior programmer" at CDPR making 700 USD/month is complete bullshit, unless we are talking a few hours per week part-time job/paid internship. That amount of money would be just a little above the minimum wage in the Czech Republic at that time. I realise that Poland was always a bit trashy place (I should now since I did my Erasmus in Krakow in 2009), but there is no way anyone would work a qualified full-time job in IT even there for that kind of money.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
sj683m2h5jb61.jpg

Xeon

Augur
I mostly zone out whenever Schreier talks about crunch, aside from that, I think he does pretty good job.

CROmagnon

Augur
Can anyone explain to me how and in what way was the 2018 demo faked? What was fake about it?

I have read the article and watched a few youtube videos on the subject but I have yet to find a more in-depth explanation or proof for the statement.

Sure, there are differences between the demo and the finished released game, some things were changed, some cut, but at least 70 percent of that demo is in the final product.

Jason schreier and his simps while writing a new hit piece

I don't really think it generally matter who's writing it IF the information is true.

It's when they lie, then you have to take note of the offenders.. and like his SHIT or not. GENERALLY, he is spot on, regardless of his motivation.. oh he does simp and cringe.. but his content is 'reliable'.... to a point.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The article just confirms what was already known, or at least hypothesized - that actual development began in 2016. The majority of the scoop is anecdotal examples of the disorganization at CDPR.

The only new piece of the puzzle for me is the revelation that most what looks "cut" to me as regards the fixers system wasn't cut but was never implemented. I imagined they had the animations and scripting already done but in a rough state and not ready for all the fixers. I also assumed that having the game gold was a prerequisite for the console optimization the late moment of the game reaching gold status was the reason for there not being enough time for optimization. It turns out the main problem with optimization which was going parallel with the filling out of the game was that they simply lost access to the development platforms which were at their offices.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Please someone dig up the story about how (rough retelling) Schreier wanted to do an interview with CDPR's CEO, they dodged him multiple times or sent community managers instead, in the end Schreier who thinks he is some kind of a celebrity top journalist who is gracing CDPR with his very presence, got pissed at them and stormed off saying "he will not forget this".

He has been harvesting drama points and social credit by screeching about crunch ever since then up to the game's release. Since release, the whole fiasco about the game's state and reception have been for him like the manna from God was for the Israelites.

Last edited:

Please someone dig up the story about how (rough retelling) Schreier wanted to do an interview with CDPR's CEO, they dodged him multiple times or sent community managers instead, in the end Schreier who thinks he is some kind of a celebrity top journalist who is gracing CDPR with his very presence, got pissed at them and stormed off saying "he will not forget this".

He has been harvesting drama points and social credit by screeching about crunch ever since then up to the game's release. Since release, the the whole fiasco about the game's state and reception have been for him like the manna from God was for the Israelites.

"WAA WAA... I don't like him"....... Hardly the issue is it?

I'd think one would be more concerned with if what he was saying was a lie or the truth, especially in these time... and as far as I can make out, he is telling the truth.... MOTIVATION for us getting that truth however is sadly something that we don't have the luxury of being concerned with anymore.

Just be thankful that we can get some truth, some where.... because I don't think well be able to rely on that in the coming years.

Caim

Arcane

I don't really think it generally matter who's writing it IF the information is true.

It's when they lie, then you have to take note of the offenders.. and like his SHIT or not. GENERALLY, he is spot on, regardless of his motivation.. oh he does simp and cringe.. but his content is 'reliable'.... to a point.
There's two sides to Schreier: on one hand he can do in-depth pieces on the development cycles on games and dig up shitty work practices, but on the other hand he can hit piece with the best of them like when he called YongYea a "provocateur" over talking shit about Fallout 76.

There's two sides to Schreier: on one hand he can do in-depth pieces on the development cycles on games and dig up shitty work practices, but on the other hand he can hit piece with the best of them like when he called YongYea a "provocateur" over talking shit about Fallout 76.

...and simp cinge assholes will be simp cringe assholes.... but considering how many simp cringe LYING asholes are out there I'll the one's that tell me the truth.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Oh my god.... turns out the 2018 demo was WAS faked after all.... Seriously.. just FUCK CDPR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNr-iqIfYo

(any chance someone could tell me how to embed vids?)

As were those for TW2 and TW3. If by 'fake' you mean 'mocked up to look like footage from the game under development'. I don't want to be too cynical about it but the big 'under development not reflective of final product' should be a hint that analysing it frame by frame and complaining about what wasn't delivered isn't the most persuasive case some of the talking heads could be making.

If anything, that piece just confirms what many (most?) on here would already have known or suspected. Not personally even surprised that a near miss with TW3 wasn't incentive to rethink a few things but instead they took it as a success in every way and scaled up yet further.

Oh my god.... turns out the 2018 demo was WAS faked after all.... Seriously.. just FUCK CDPR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNr-iqIfYo

(any chance someone could tell me how to embed vids?)

As were those for TW2 and TW3. If by 'fake' you mean 'mocked up to look like footage from the game under development'. I don't want to be too cynical about it but the big 'under development not reflective of final product' should be a hint that analysing it frame by frame and complaining about what wasn't delivered isn't the most persuasive case some of the talking heads could be making.

If anything, that piece just confirms what many (most?) on here would already have known or suspected. Not personally even surprised that a near miss with TW3 wasn't incentive to rethink a few things but instead they took it as a success in every way and scaled up yet further.

I quite agree that most of us expected it..... but I think we still have a right to be surprised and horrified/disgusted when we get confimation.

AwesomeButton

Patron
"WAA WAA... I don't like him"....... Hardly the issue is it?

I'd think one would be more concerned with if what he was saying was a lie or the truth, especially in these time... and as far as I can make out, he is telling the truth.... MOTIVATION for us getting that truth however is sadly something that we don't have the luxury of being concerned with anymore.

Just be thankful that we can get some truth, some where.... because I don't think well be able to rely on that in the coming years.
I appreciate your enthusiasm kiddo, but I'm not emotionally invested in this game or its development history. You are wasting your efforts trying to troll me. Go be an eager noober with someone else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom