Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Ebonsword

Arcane
EDIT: Oh also RE 4 remake is definitely happening, though that's hardly news now I guess. RE 4 remake seems like diminishing returns to me, it already played like a "modern" game.

From what I remember, you couldn't move and shoot at the same time in RE4. That's hardly "modern" game design.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, my main issue with RE4 is they made it an action game but it controls like shit for an action game. RE 0-3 controlling like shit was fine because they weren't action games, but RE4 is.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, my main issue with RE4 is they made it an action game but it controls like shit for an action game. RE 0-3 controlling like shit was fine because they weren't action games, but RE4 is.
Your obsession with labels is blinding you to the fact that RE4 was exactly as clunky and as smooth as was needed for the intended experience. It is not an "action game" to be compared with Call of Duty. It's OK if you didn't "get it" but don't be mad it didn't fit into one of your 3 pigeonholes.

The only real thing to complain about in RE4 is crappy QTEs.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Your obsession with labels is blinding you to the fact that RE4 was exactly as clunky and as smooth as was needed for the intended experience. It is not an "action game" to be compared with Call of Duty. It's OK if you didn't "get it" but don't be mad it didn't fit into one of your 3 pigeonholes.

It has nothing to do with labels, the game felt clunky as fuck to play. So did all the ones before it, but because they were "hold button to auto-target and focus more on resources" games it didn't bother me. RE4 wanted me to move around a lot, get headshots, etc. and it controlled like a blindfolded drunk driver.

I'd largely agree with DalekFlay here, and I think dismissing his concerns due to him misgendering the game or whatever is disingenuous, though not as insufferable as trying to claim that "he just didn't get it." What is this, some shitty highschool poetry class?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Damn, RE8 leaked plot and cutscenes are fucking horrible. This, combined with RE3 remake and RE8 multiplayer stuff, makes me think that Crapcom is back.

RIP good Capcom 2015-2019, it was good while it lasted.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Free avatar

ErtH2jGUwAAfYsY

ErtJ87mXEAgXN3t

Wunderbar

Arcane

either capcom went out of their way to make a weird RE3 inventory mock-up just for one gif, or they are working on original RE3 (and possibly other classic RE games) re-release.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

either capcom went out of their way to make a weird RE3 inventory mock-up just for one gif, or they are working on original RE3 (and possibly other classic RE games) re-release.

Why does that RE3 inventory have 12 slots?

Last edited:

Xelocix

Learned

Imagine being just discovered by this Giant Madame, startle, lose balance and jump dive straight into her cleavage.

:shredder:

Then imagine looking up to see her smiling, wrapping her legs around you, and forcing you into a mating press while you suffocate in those huge mommy milkers.

All of the sudden her vagina turns into an eldritch venus flytrap and bites your dick off mid-nut.

Imagine the rest of the game just being about Ethan having to find and re-attach his penis, just like what happened with his hand, and using it to jizz inside of his dead wife in order to revive her with his virus-infused cum.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Release on the 7. May which is earlier than I expected. Looks good, though it just seems to be RE7 with a gothic horror setting.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane

- combat looks identical to in RE7, except you can counter-attack after successful block
- grid inventory just like in RE4
- merchant who sells stuff and upgrades your weapons
- on 3:07 you can spot Ed123
- components like gunpowder and green herbs no longer take your inventory space:decline:

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane

Why does that RE3 inventory have 12 slots?

looks like capcom marketing people couldn't find a legit copy of RE3 so they've made this weird mock-up just for a twitter post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom