Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The Frontier came out yesterday, a really big F:NV mod. I'm not a huge fan of playing as a squad of soldiers, but it's damn impressive. Apart from some janky cutscenes and enemy models (Legion has chariots, lol), it's extremely porfessional:

Z3d0snx.png

wzbnBzD.png

G1X3mDz.png

lUOFk3M.png

ON5gYTv.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Playing Ico for the second time. Last time was eight years ago, so I've fortunately forgotten all the puzzles, though most are straightforward anyway.
Such a pity that Sony didn't remake/rebuild Ico alongside the Shadow of the Colossus PS4 2018 remake/rebuild, as both had been included in a PS3 2011 remaster.

637701-the-ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

d958c7d-7a93746c-68c2-470e-893a-62270a1273f4.jpg

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
More like thank god they didnt because the game does not need a remake. That shadow of the colossus remake was shit. Ico has some of the most beautiful art direction in a game and should not be tampered with. With the remaster and emulators you can play the game in high resolutions anyway if so desired which is all that is necessary.

Ezekiel

Arcane
More like thank god they didnt because the game does not need a remake. That shadow of the colossus remake was shit. Ico has some of the most beautiful art direction in a game and should not be tampered with. With the remaster and emulators you can play the game in high resolutions anyway if so desired which is all that is necessary.

What was horrible about the Shadow of the Colossus remake? I completely completed both versions, but years and years apart, so I couldn't spot the changes. I know that studio took a lot of horrible liberties with the Demon's Souls remake, but Shadow?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The Frontier came out yesterday
Is it a standalone module, or do you enter it mid-game like the DLCs? I'm waiting for my new SSD before I play
Mid-game, gotta be at least Lv 11 and rest for 10hs, then you get a message. They recommend Lv 20+ and no companions, with the option of taking your gear or starting fresh with a lore-friendly stuff pack you choose.

No spoilers, but being a high level courier is actually an important part of the story.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Draining the swamp in Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World, or in this case the Lost World:

pGtbKZG.jpg

Yay! My first Doomsday Box, which are the best loot containers in the game:
ZSoWguu.jpg

Throbbing in antipication we open the box and find...
keYCszv.jpg

And joining the chorus from all the spoilt children at Christmas the party in unison uttered "Was that all?!?"
The weapons are very mundane, have no pre- or suffixes and the pluses can go up to 64, so that was rather a bummer. But my Knight's damage ouput should improve considerably.

Devastator

Learned
I liked my evil half-orc Fighter/Cleric, but couldn't proceed to BG2 -- I was too disgusted after recently finishing BG:EE+SoD for the first time (can't say I wasn't warned :argh:).

To try to purify myself, I reinstalled BG1 and the mods for 720p. I don't think I've ever mained a Gnome.

9RN9fyH.jpg

VPukIU2.jpg

P.S. I intentionally did not dump CHA completely to max out STR and CON for RP reasons (plus I won't be soloing).

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
The Frontier came out yesterday
Is it a standalone module, or do you enter it mid-game like the DLCs? I'm waiting for my new SSD before I play
Mid-game, gotta be at least Lv 11 and rest for 10hs, then you get a message. They recommend Lv 20+ and no companions, with the option of taking your gear or starting fresh with a lore-friendly stuff pack you choose.

No spoilers, but being a high level courier is actually an important part of the story.

Does the mod rebalance the game to compensate for additional levels gained in The Frontier?

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Transylvania Castle 2:

o2dl2RO.png

Looks like another ZX Spectrum game I missed.
The fonts and colours make me nostalgic.

Indeed I played it for nostalgic reasons. But it is a 2021 game... (itch.io).

BTW, the ZX Spectrum is having a kind of renaissance in these years, mainly from Slavic developers. They were able, with clever programming tricks, to exploit the old speccy hardware in ways beyond belief.

For example, by adding multi-parallax scrolling:

Multicolor (with no colour clash in the same 8x8 pixels):

Extended palette beyond the 15 basic colors (using color bleeding on CRT TVs, or alternating colors):

Even playable 3D FPS, a là Wolfenstein/Doom, have been made:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Even on the highest settings Human Revolution won't look that good. The Director's Cut made it look even worse with the removal of the "piss filter" that everybody hated so much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom