Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Amazing cultivation simulator

Lhynn

Arcane
So after reading the codex pool from felipepepe pepepe i decided to give this a try, and it is pretty amazing. Its basically rimworld meets a xianxia novel, and theres so much depth to it, its insane.

The game consists on you escaping the destruction of your sect, as a mere mortal and an outer disciple of it. You start out as a mere mortal accompanied by two randoms that probably dont have the talent required to wipe their own asses and from that you need to build a sect, determine its policies, do diplomacy, etc. Along the way you will explore the world, interact with others and do everything in your power to strengthen your sect, because your sect will help you on your journey into transcending.

The entire game revolves around feng shui and the 5 chinese elements. Materials, positioning, your own attributes and affinities, it all matters, influencing things in subtle or not so subtle ways.

The sheer depth of this game is amazing.

This is a decent review, says all the important stuff at the start.

Jinn Chaotic_Heretic Kalin

What’s a xiaxia?

chinchong webnovel high fantasy, afaik. Often shallow powerfantasies with repetitive writing and plot. The Magic system is original enough I guess, but the implementation is usually not very good.
Game looks interesting at least.

Last edited:

I have been sinking almost ALL my free time ( and some of my sick days) playing this. While most Xianxia novels are trash and junk, this concept works amazingly well for a game. Oh and you can't just repetitively train all the time, that turns people insane. I like this better than Rimworld tbh; surviving is sorta easy here once you get the basics of the 5 element interactions and other game mechanics. but turning into a demigod and your sect a heavenly kingdom too big to fuck to? now that is a challenge.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Thanks for the tag, Lhynn bro! I actually got this a few months ago in early access right when they released the beta English version. I have about 8 hours into it at the moment, and am looking for the right time this year to dig in properly. The game is really insane, with a huge amount of depth and things to learn. Not to mention extremely unique. Glad to see you found it and are enjoying it! I don't know why I didn't think to tag you when I mentioned it in the Non-Japanese Asian Game thread a few months back. I'll probably be coming here for some gameplay advice before too long. I feel like I got the basics down pretty well, but there is just so much to discover and learn in the game.

There's also a thread in the Strategy/Simulation sub-forum that's about 3 pages long last time I checked. I feel it might be more appropriate in this forum though, because muh asian games.

Lhynn

Arcane
So i unlocked body cultivation. This shit is occult, you dont cultivate your soul, but your body parts, feels like i unlocked a new part of the game with how much of it there is.
My Golden core I sect master got pummeled hard by a bunch of newbs, had to pull the entire sect on them to keep them from killing him, for context its as if a well built level 15 character lost to 3 poorly optimized level 2 characters. These guys are cultivator killers. So i had a guy study the body cultivation law and its insanity, you can breathe the environment or eat shit to gain elemental essences that you use to strengthen your body parts, and its not fucking arms or legs or torso, those are the broad categories, what you are strengthening is the skull, or the nose, or the ears, or the teeth and you can even unlock secret organs as you grow more powerful and strengthen those.

Also unlocked the shedao law, which is about becoming a god, you get power from followers and get to create a demiplane where your avatar resides and channel the belief of people into it, i havent gone into it but these guys seem to be devastatingly powerful as well.

Thinking of eating a nirvana pill to be reborn and follow one of those two paths instead.

Theres so fucking much to learn, my sect currently houses 23 people, 10 of those are cultivators that i either got them to join or cultivated myself, and 13 servants that i will never promote because they are there to build my big structures. Its insane the level at which the narrative intertwines with the game mechanics, they are so deeply related it theres basically no separation between them. If you ever read a wuxia novel, well, this is exactly how things go there with one exception, you arent the protagonist here, you are just another mook trying to ascend.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
The floating chinese dragons that come to wreck your town (?) look kick-ass (one of the most memorable things about Zelda:BotW). You don't see that in city builders every day.

Lhynn

Arcane
The floating chinese dragons that come to wreck your town (?) look kick-ass (one of the most memorable things about Zelda:BotW). You don't see that in city builders every day.
The flood dragons are actually beatable i think. But you need a very strong sect to do it. Im just happy to get their shit, literal feces, they gather ki around them, so i keep a cultivation room filled with dragon shit for my metal cultivators.
But dragons are so fucking rare, im on day 120 and i only ever saw one, close to the start.

So i unlocked body cultivation. This shit is occult, you dont cultivate your soul, but your body parts, feels like i unlocked a new part of the game with how much of it there is.
My Golden core I sect master got pummeled hard by a bunch of newbs, had to pull the entire sect on them to keep them from killing him, for context its as if a well built level 15 character lost to 3 poorly optimized level 2 characters. These guys are cultivator killers. So i had a guy study the body cultivation law and its insanity, you can breathe the environment or eat shit to gain elemental essences that you use to strengthen your body parts, and its not fucking arms or legs or torso, those are the broad categories, what you are strengthening is the skull, or the nose, or the ears, or the teeth and you can even unlock secret organs as you grow more powerful and strengthen those.

Also unlocked the shedao law, which is about becoming a god, you get power from followers and get to create a demiplane where your avatar resides and channel the belief of people into it, i havent gone into it but these guys seem to be devastatingly powerful as well.

Thinking of eating a nirvana pill to be reborn and follow one of those two paths instead.

Theres so fucking much to learn, my sect currently houses 23 people, 10 of those are cultivators that i either got them to join or cultivated myself, and 13 servants that i will never promote because they are there to build my big structures. Its insane the level at which the narrative intertwines with the game mechanics, they are so deeply related it theres basically no separation between them. If you ever read a wuxia novel, well, this is exactly how things go there with one exception, you arent the protagonist here, you are just another mook trying to ascend.
Ohh never got around to shendao law. Body Cultivation is fun though. Fully reinforce the five internal organs and see what happens hehe...

Mortmal

Arcane

Ohh never got around to shendao law. Body Cultivation is fun though. Fully reinforce the five internal organs and see what happens hehe...
If anything shendao is tough to figure, be sure when to breakthrough all the 5+(50% divinity etc...) are in the breakthrough panel and... all the 5+ are in the breakthrough room panel , thats two panels to max out unlike golden core. Getting a luxury room require spirit stone buildings and perfect layout, perfect feng shui . Then you should get 48 states , sometimes it doesnt get 48 even with 5+ everywhere. Then getting guards is a core as you need to recruit people with your shendao cultivator , those people need 80% predestinity, then you need to farm ancient scrolls to get another secret pavillion that convert 100% belief core followers to guards. That is of course explained nowhere. As far i can see their best ability is to remove obsessions, on combat that's not nearly worth a seven slaughter sword disciple.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

If anything shendao is tough to figure, be sure when to breakthrough all the 5+(50% divinity etc...) are in the breakthrough panel and... all the 5+ are in the breakthrough room panel , thats two panels to max out unlike golden core. Getting a luxury room require spirit stone buildings and perfect layout, perfect feng shui . Then you should get 48 states , sometimes it doesnt get 48 even with 5+ everywhere. Then getting guards is a core as you need to recruit people with your shendao cultivator , those people need 80% predestinity, then you need to farm ancient scrolls to get another secret pavillion that convert 100% belief core followers to guards. That is of course explained nowhere. As far i can see their best ability is to remove obsessions, on combat that's not nearly worth a seven slaughter sword disciple.

Thank you for this post. I was getting tempted to try this game as I was feeling vague urges for something meaty and complicated. However reading this post that contains words I technically understand, but in an order and context that is completely baffling, makes me realise I don't have the time or patience to even begin to play something this demanding.

Lhynn

Arcane
It doesn't sound demanding, it sounds like utter nonsense.
It all makes sense in the genre, and it is a very big genre, there are thousands upon thousands of novels on it, and they all roughly adhere to the same universal laws this game turns into mechanics.

Emmanuel2

Savant
I bought this on a whim way back on early access. Tried it out for the first time last month on Immortal difficulty and the measly ~20 hours I spent was probably the most confused I had ever been in playing a game, but it was very rewarding learning the ins and outs. It feels like I barely scratched the surface.

I'm still trying to cultivate my first Golden Core and saving one of my disciples for Body Cultivation once I have enough resources stockpiled.

Lhynn

Arcane
First golden core, trying to make him a tier 1 golden core is pretty demanding, but always remember that your gen 1 cultivators wont be great, even a fully cheated maxed out character gen 1 wont be able to compete with the cultivators you will be able to make as you get treasures and medicinal pills, magic and buildings to improve on them before that breakthrough.

This is a game to be played patiently, as seemingly small mistakes can snowball into certain doom.

Mortmal

Arcane

Thank you for this post. I was getting tempted to try this game as I was feeling vague urges for something meaty and complicated. However reading this post that contains words I technically understand, but in an order and context that is completely baffling, makes me realise I don't have the time or patience to even begin to play something this demanding.
It's worse than what you think, its absurdly demanding :) . There's not any video game more complex than this , trust me i tried everything since the 80's.
But the real hard part is the information withdrawal. Even after reading all the guides hundred and hundred of pages you still need to ask people on discord just to obtain decent disciple and not get your sect crushed.After 300 hours on it i cant say i am mastering it yet, i am nowhere near killing the end game bosses in the hardest difficulty.
So yes game design is sadistic, it fucks you up at every turn , too long to explain how many way it does . The main story is impossible to complete without reading the mysteries guide, as you combine clues and only certain clues give you the complete story, and its time limited of course...

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeah, its by far the most complex game ive played, and im barely scratching the surface. I keep restarting every time i learn new things and making my sect a lot better in every attempt.

Fishy

Savant
That's it. I'm off the the Rimworld workshop to explore the cult mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom