Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Only POE for some fucking reason forces people to play that god damn campaign every time they make new char for last decade. It is not like they don't already have system they can use. It is called Delve and when Delve released you could play since lvl1.

Moreover campaign maps despite being random they are not actually random and after playing several times i know where exactly i need to go to get out of the map. It feels like a fucking work.
It feels like work because you are playing from level 1, and there's a minimal amount of interesting play/build decisions to be made. I wouldn't like playing delve 1 to 70 either. In fact, I think I'd like it less than campaign.

Perkel

Arcane
It feels like work because you are playing from level 1, and there's a minimal amount of interesting play/build decisions to be made. I wouldn't like playing delve 1 to 70 either. In fact, I think I'd like it less than campaign.

No it is shit because i have to kill Merveil for 999999 time and so on. I have to see exact same maps following mindlesly exact same patterns.

It has nothing to do with leveling. In fact i prefer 1-70 than 71-100.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
No it is shit because i have to kill Merveil for 999999 time and so on. I have to see exact same maps following mindlesly exact same patterns.
I mean sure. But the campaign has what, 100 tilesets? And you're killing merveil once. How many times are you going to be doing each tileset and delve node if you only did delve? A whole lot more times than 1, and there's like 5 delve tilesets.

Also kinda funny with "mindlessly following same patterns" when you say you'd rather... mindlessly follow a mining cart heading down a linear corridor.

Perkel

Arcane
And you're killing merveil once.

Are you fucking retarded ? I play since 2011 closed beta. I killed her more times than you probably have brain cells in your head if you don't understand what i mean.

The only thing i have for campaign is big huge barf every time i think of it. And you have to play trough it every time you create new char.

Gerrard

Arcane
Delve from level 1 was fucking awful, not properly scaled at all. I spent like 3-4 minutes clearing the 3rd node I got to.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Pretty decent start into the league I would say.
50de7ecd77.jpg
f44ee181b0.jpg

eklektyk

Erudite
well fuck me - i dont know what those morons at ggg do all day but again they fucked me ...

literally texture poppin/loading and lagging is unberable after the patch ... and im on a fucking ssd ...

i knew smth will get fucked just as they boasted they optimized texture loading again ... last time it took them literally fucking 2 months to fix it into playable state ... meh going off to fuck in something that works and not get frustrated by amateurs selling overpriced mtx thinking theyre gods or smth

eklektyk

Erudite
i wonder how high on ggg "ladder" that genius is who thought up texture "optimisation" ....

it basicly purges ALL textures from instance youre leaving and loads ALL textures for instance youre entering ... EVERYFUCKINGTIME

no mater how many times you visit town or hideout it always loads everything from ZERO

who da fuck needs ram or cahce when those morons load everything everytime and purge all instant later ... i guess its one way to cramp speed meta when you spend minutes loading fucking textures before being able to even see npc to ssell or store items into box ...

man im agrivated as hellby their sheer gall in boasting yet again that extra time they spend in polishing and everything works flawlessly

GrainWetski

Arcane
I've been getting random disconnects in towns as well. No hard crashes or random dcs outside though.

Ritual's pretty fun. Already got a 6L 2h weap from one. You get to kill map bosses multiple times if you get one in the boss room. Could prob skip them until the boss room and then do the boss 5 times in a map since it keeps the mobs from previous ones. Haven't bothered to try it, though.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I've been getting random disconnects in towns as well. No hard crashes or random dcs outside though.
I wasn't having this problem earlier, but during the evening it happened a lot.

Also I just learned the extra casts from unleash don't calculate crits separetly/trigger elemental overload, so now I have to make this a crit build. No idea how I was supposed to know that aside from trying it and failing. Oh well, no great harm done.

ADL

Prophet
Is this new league getting new supporter packs? I thought they usually go live with the launch of new leagues.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, better buy more supporter packs because GGG went 11% over their database server load and now the whole game is fucked, because they are cheap fucks.

eklektyk

Erudite
its another double-whamy legue ... 2 times content coz 2 times more bugs we need ...

but in all siriousnes - even if ritual dont speak to you [ i cant comment on how good it is sincepoe is literally unplayable for me now and i managed to baerly walk off beach for the moment] it is an atlas expansion also - meaning its another layer on top of sirius bulshitery they put right now - and that means that in a few days we will hear another wave of crying on internetz when more players hit that ...

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Hello,
The Conviction of Power notable passive skill in Hierophant tree states +4 Minimum Power Charges, +4 Minimum Endurance Charges. Does it mean you still have to *gain* a power or endurance charge somehow, but instead of getting merely 1 you instantly get 4 charges applied? Or does it mean your character will always have 4 power and 4 endurance permanent charges?

Also, do SSF and non-SSF leagues have separate stashes?

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
You always have them, but you can't use them with skills that spend the charges if I remember correctly.

You do have different stashes for SSF. You can port everything including your stashes over to trade league whenever you want.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Is this season good enough to play again or no?
I like the main mechanic this time around and it should fit well with mapping unlike heist, I haven't seen anything egregious coming from rituals yet even delirioum throws harsher stuff at least in campaign I'll only reach maps in a few h.

Raider's also been great for lvling smoother than trickster even not sure what I'll turn it into later prob ele hit.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, better buy more supporter packs because GGG went 11% over their database server load and now the whole game is fucked, because they are cheap fucks.
It seems like they did run large scale tests and those indicated they had plenty of database capacity to spare. But then it turned out they didn't. Can't really blame this one on cheapness imo, obv they're not going to upgrade if there's no indication it's needed. Still, one does question what went wrong in their tests and production monitoring, but I bet it's hellishly complex to have that many people running around and needing to log all of it in the same database.

You always have them, but you can't use them with skills that spend the charges if I remember correctly.
This is correct. So it's not so great for immortal call or discharge, but otherwise it's great.

Zeriel

Arcane
God, I hate mapping after a while. I wish it wasn't the end-game of every league and even PoE 2, it would be nice to have a real alternative.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Some sort of endless/massive dungeon a'la Delve? Maybe bunch of them - pyramid, ziggurat or other places that every average dung crawler have to offer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom