Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Peachcurl

Cipher
That's the thing with endless dungeons or endless arenas. They are (in my opinion) equally or less interesting than mapping.

I haven't seen any long term end game content anywhere (in any game) which works considerably better.

With two related exceptions that do not fit well to PoE's design: user generated content or game modes that heavily focus on user interaction. They come with great risks attached, I'm not sure I want to necessarily see those in PoE.

Life Gain on Hit Support gem seems to work with some weapons but not others. Why? Tested it on two versions of Cleaver, it worked on one, but not the other.

PapaPetro

Man ritual is great for Headhunter. Those things shit out rares.

9HPpWD4.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Speaking of HH
Did some cleanup in Standard (Ritual was too crash happy) and had a bunch of Wretched sets. 5c for a card, but changed my mind and gambled.

It's been 3 days and Map Tab still didn't convert to current league. How long it takes to convert 1k+ maps for each tier? GGG buy more servers.

eklektyk

Erudite
well over a week after launch and its radio silence from ggg about texture streaming fuckup ... all patches did so far is minor stuff ...

i start to think their spaghetti code finally broke ...

i love when developers force settings on me and not even give fucking presdet to toggle it off ... i did not go to delve after they "enchanced" lighting there for almost 2 legues since it was friking cancer bright cos "we improved lights" ... every fucking time i threw flare ia almost had an enurysm from light ... and it was a forced preset weith no options to turn it off or tone it down ..

same with their streaming texture bullshit ... i like having 16 gb of ram and 6 gb video ram and game fucking not caching anything and loading all textures even those used constantly everyfuckig time ... im contemplating fucking off from poe into tarkov .. at least there "beta" sort of works and is playable ...

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Plenty of reasons to not like poe but not dying isn't one of them, you played 1/3 of the demo even back then.

eklektyk

Erudite
well over a week after launch and its radio silence from ggg about texture streaming fuckup ... all patches did so far is minor stuff ...

Checking the most recent patch may be worth it for you. It has something about better texture streaming and weak systems.

nah ... i wonder what they consider "weaker" system

since most crying on forums/redddit is ppl with rather beefy rigs [ 20x0 or 30x0 or amd relative]

ggg is stuck so far up their asshole that it may be too far gone for recovery - adding nonoptional features and not giving options to at least lessen shit they put coz "muh artistic vision" is seriously rubbing me off playing it alltogether

i may buy escape from tarkov - that pile of beta code at least works and performs same function as poe - loothoarding

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Finally finished crafting my gloves, t1 life/mana/int as well as t1 chaosres, lightningres and unnerve. In my sleepiness I then proceed to scour them instead of using Jewelers for 4socket. Goodbye 80-100ex.

Fuck me.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally finished crafting my gloves, t1 life/mana/int as well as t1 chaosres, lightningres and unnerve. In my sleepiness I then proceed to scour them instead of using Jewelers for 4socket. Goodbye 80-100ex.

Fuck me.

Did the same in Metamorph with a pair of perfect boots. They should add a confirmation prompt to scouring if an item has T1 mods.

eklektyk

Erudite
so ggg finally spoke about this diaherea of an expansion :

GOD Chris himself said that "everything works as intended, how they wanted and perfectly flawlessly and minor improvements are on the way. now stop crying pesants and play & pay" ......

LMAO

PapaPetro

Checking the most recent patch may be worth it for you. It has something about better texture streaming and weak systems.

nah ... i wonder what they consider "weaker" system

since most crying on forums/redddit is ppl with rather beefy rigs [ 20x0 or 30x0 or amd relative]

ggg is stuck so far up their asshole that it may be too far gone for recovery - adding nonoptional features and not giving options to at least lessen shit they put coz "muh artistic vision" is seriously rubbing me off playing it alltogether

i may buy escape from tarkov - that pile of beta code at least works and performs same function as poe - loothoarding

I miss potato mode.
Peak aesthetic.

mmrMreg.jpg

Perkel

Arcane

IDK like others but for me they improved massively loading times and textures also stream in very quickly. Previously when you loaded oriath with all those 30m guys in mtx gear it would take ages for game to load on HDD. It was almost unplayable. Only SSD saved it.

Now on SSD loading times are even faster.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

IDK like others but for me they improved massively loading times and textures also stream in very quickly. Previously when you loaded oriath with all those 30m guys in mtx gear it would take ages for game to load on HDD. It was almost unplayable. Only SSD saved it.

Now on SSD loading times are even faster.

Everyone seems to be having different experiences with the texture streaming.

For me personally it hasn't caused any issues, but I've seen videos posted where it takes forever to stream, even on high end machines.

GGG have definitely fucked something up.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I checked it today and textures still popping up, takes me about 1s longer to access vendor not crippling but not really what I'd call an upgrade

eklektyk

Erudite
this dumpster fire is still burning nicely ...

they had another hotfox for last hotfix for a patch that was supposed to fix textures .... [hilarity ensued]

btw if anyone have pendind ticket with ggg support sit comfortably - itll be awhile - their forums are on fire and are purged regularly so i doubt office drones have time to write emails

on a bright note thet fixed textures - how you might ask? well simple - by putting loading screen - revolutional !!!!! /sarcasm

3.12 aka heist worked and mind boggles that 3.13 is so broken that simingly nobody at ggg can even attempt to fix it

most fun thing i read today was a guy writting that his 64gb ram machine finnaly spat out poe.exe after it ate 50gb of this mans ram :) wonders of modern IT at work :)

so i guess alll streamers pc have more ram ? and fastest nvme ssd ?

tldr: ggg broke poe on xbawkses . ps4 and posibly ps5 on chad ultra pc and on toasters :) its wondearful heavan masterstroke to observe as it all burns to the grund and even most clueless drones start to bite ggg

Peachcurl

Cipher
I have a good machine, but nothing fancy (only 32gb and a run-of-the-mill ssd, no nvme). I'm running the game just fine. Can even run some work related stuff in the back-ground without noticing.

So I'd suspect that's not the issue?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Any new infos on PoE2? Wasn't the beta supposed to start last on december last year?

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Small patch, loading times are worse than they've ever been for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom