Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Zeriel

Arcane
It's just so obvious that this is the kind of build you would see as an internal tester, only for god knows what reason they decided to throw it into the public and call it a finished game.

The reason was a covid induced market opportunity, people are sitting in homes with nothing better to do but play games and there was zero competeing AAA open world releases.
So decision was made a half year ago to slice, dice and put together with a duct tape a release build for this christmass season at all costs.

Yeah I can kind of see why a really dumb person would do this, but what I mean by "god knows what reason" is that it's just a really bad decision. They wiped out more money in stock price than they gained from sales BEFORE refunds started to hit, and the long-term damage to their brand is incalculable. Not to even mention the lawsuits...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Talking about fixers reminds me of the awsome writing in this game:

When you enter Arroyo smth for the first time, El Capitano will call you: "I live biz, I breath biz, I am biz!"
But when you visit him and ask: "How's biz?" He says:
"I don't call it 'biz', I call it work." :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
But it literally does, that's how balanced the game is. Pick a couple of damage perks and grab a semidecent gun and you'll start destroying people.
There are so many +crit% perks across the skills pretty early you wonder if they even assumed people would spread their point across the trees.
Each point of reflex, for pistols, from stealth, when entering combat, from passive perks... and that's not even taking in account the +15% clothing mod that drops like candy.
I had so much crit chance so fast, I was convinced it bugged out into negative values. Because I surely didn't crit on every hit.
That said, if anything it is hard to fuck up your "build" in this game actually. :hahano:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But it literally does, that's how balanced the game is. Pick a couple of damage perks and grab a semidecent gun and you'll start destroying people.
There are so many +crit% perks across the skills pretty early you wonder if they even assumed people would spread their point across the trees.
Each point of reflex, for pistols, from stealth, when entering combat, from passive perks... and that's not even taking in account the +15% clothing mod that drops like candy.

I've found only one visor with +15% crit rate so far :|
TBH most "Legendary" guns seem to boast +30-55% crit chance mods....

I had so much crit chance so fast, I was convinced it bugged out into negative values. Because I surely didn't crit on every hit.
That said, if anything it is hard to fuck up your "build" in this game actually. :hahano:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The stores reset upon loading saves, just like npc looks. Thus you can farm the best mods if you're so inclined. I found this by accident, I haven't read any discussions about the game nor watched tewb gameplay videos.
But it so happened I got 'deadeye' or whatever it is called mod, +15% crit chance +30% crit damage in a single slot upon a new load.
So basically you could cheese out all the best mods, I'd guess, if you have enough of patience.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There was some influx of third worlders misled about purchasing power of potato wages and "super cheap" living costs in Warsaw, which in reality are on the level of a provincial western town.
Sorry to derail but I'd much rather live in Krakow than in London, although I can't speak about, for example, Toronto.

People should note down the names of all the Youtube channels involved. All of them were enablers and failed at their jobs the moment CDProjekt gave them the statues and the jackets.
The one that will stay with me as the worst hypocrite is Alanah Pearce. The same ex-IGN journo who discovered her "love" for Cyberpunk 2077 some months before release, got the gaming chair and the ingame cameo, and completely chickened out of the discussion of the game post-release. What does she care anymore right, she got her junior writer job at Sony, such a crowning life achievement hahahah :lol:

I've heard some speculation that some of the shards were never meant to be shards. They are parts of the script that were meant to be voiced, but since they were told to release the game they just threw half the script onto shards and called it a day. Wouldn't surprise me since it fits what I've seen of the rest of the game. And we have the comments from employees that they needed until 2022 to finish it.
That was me, and I think there is good circumstantial evidence for there having been more interaction planned for fixers than what made it in the game, but no one has asked a developer for that specifically so it's not confirmed.

And there's... god I wish I had saved the image, there's a hilarious shard that is a devnote telling someone to write up story on Takemura's background. It's just so obvious that this is the kind of build you would see as an internal tester, only for god knows what reason they decided to throw it into the public and call it a finished game.
I found that but I already had read that it exists. It's on that market in Japantown where you meet with Takemura.

Usually the voice recording happens waaaay early in the development to have time for necessary reshoots.
Or to put it in a other way: if it's not voiced, it was not finished, ready or simply an afterthought at that internal deadline.
Like all those text messages, just extra fluff.
Fixer calls are kept vague, "detes attached". Wasn't more than a general idea at the time of recording.
"Detes attached" replacing the exposition which comes in text from the fixer may have been a stopgap solution. I just can't rationalize spending the effort on having different fixers and their physical locations, if all they would be used for is they are used for in the game right now.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I went a tech/cool/hacking build

Tech - crafting the best in the game guns, armors and mods & making the "Tech" guns (already pretty much best - without those perks) even more OP
Cool - crazy damage bonuses from stealth and/or with silencers that put everything under Reflex to shame & +50% headshot damage plus strong assorted bonuses after enemy kill/crit/45% HP. Also boosts Crit Damage with each point.
Hacking - other then killing enemies without them even noticing, Frontal Cortex cyberware (that requires high Int), boosts your Crit chance by up to 25% and Crit Damage by up to 45%.

that was meant to be lacking in damage [...]

Oh?

Game is trash dude

Perhaps we need to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Even crappy blue guns can come with hillarious +30+ % crit chance.
The random gen for loot is soooo broken and incoherent.
Oh look, iconic legandary pants with... no mod slot? Ookay.
A gun with "ricochet engine" bonus? Sure, why not.
A muzzle that gives +0% to dmg and crit (the normally invisble placeholder if you have no silencer attached)? Okiedokes.
Burya with reduced charge time? Sounds great!

It's such a massive fuckup. Why even randomize slot count. Who came up with those ideas?

Probably the guy who made the GPS. Makes sense to drive zigzag around the block instead of a straight line amirite?
In a car with worse brakes than 'murican cars in the 60s had. :argh:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Even crappy blue guns can come with hillarious +30+ % crit chance.
The random gen for loot is soooo broken and incoherent.
Oh look, iconic legandary pants with... no mod slot? Ookay.
A gun with "ricochet engine" bonus? Sure, why not.
A muzzle that gives +0% to dmg and crit (the normally invisble placeholder if you have no silencer attached)? Okiedokes.
Burya with reduced charge time? Sounds great!

It's such a massive fuckup. Why even randomize slot count. Who came up with those ideas?

Probably the guy who made the GPS. Makes sense to drive zigzag around the block instead of a straight line amirite?
In a car with worse brakes than 'murican cars in the 60s had. :argh:

Some of the mods are indeed weird.
But as for the number of slots... I don't think I've ever seen a "Legendary" with no mod slots. In fact all seem to boast 3+.
"Epic" usually comes with 1, I think. "Rare" ones are probably outta luck, though.

And on topic of GPS, the scaling is the real downer when you're driving a car/bike. When driving with any reasonable speed, you only notice a turn once you should basically start turning...

Yosharian

Arcane

I went a tech/cool/hacking build

Tech - crafting the best in the game guns, armors and mods & making the "Tech" guns (already pretty much best - without those perks) even more OP
Cool - crazy damage bonuses from stealth and/or with silencers that put everything under Reflex to shame & +50% headshot damage plus strong assorted bonuses after enemy kill/crit/45% HP. Also boosts Crit Damage with each point.
Hacking - other then killing enemies without them even noticing, Frontal Cortex cyberware (that requires high Int), boosts your Crit chance by up to 25% and Crit Damage by up to 45%.

that was meant to be lacking in damage [...]

Oh?

Game is trash dude

Perhaps we need to agree to disagree.
I didn't craft any guns though, I just used crafting to break the economy

I never really bothered attacking from Stealth

My hacking wasn't high enough to kill enemies like that

Game was still utterly trivial on the hardest difficulty

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Hacking - other then killing enemies without them even noticing, Frontal Cortex Cyberware (that requires Int), boosts your Crit chance by up to 25% and Crit Damage by up to 45%.
Hacking isn't even a build, you can do it with 3 int, since cyberware has no stat req. Buy the Netwatch one for 45k or so and get +40% dmg on quickhacks. Which scale with you btw, higher rarity just means spreading to more targets and stuff.
My V was dumber than a bag of hammers and still h@X0000rz so superior, I wondered why I even bring guns.
Or why netrunners are confined to chairs. Lol noobs lol amirite?
And if you do the Kold Mirage sidequest, you get a purple system reset for frees that can conviniently upgraded to legendary with the next quest. Of course it is buggy, so you get the 2nd quest before the first one triggers...

"Builds".... *snort* :hahano:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Guess that's why I avoid damaging quickhacks.

Sure sad about those netrunner chairs, monowire, subnet access points...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
But as for the number of slots... I don't think I've ever seen a "Legendary" with no mod slots. In fact all seem to boast 3+.
They are supposed to be:
Green 1
Blue 2
Purple 3
Gold 4

In reality it's "between zero and X slots", I've wasted at least an hour reloading quicksaves to fix loot. And even then it's ALWAYS one less mod than they should have for drops.
Dunno if crafted versions require you to savescum as well or work as they should. Could't be arsed to click on craft at least 700 times to level the skill. Seriously CDPR? No "craft X amount" button?:argh:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The most rational course is to upgrade a green weapon for better famage and disregard mods slots. Cheaper upgrades to damage will always give you more benefit than weapon mods with the current state of the game balance.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
They are supposed to be:
Green 1
Blue 2
Purple 3
Gold 4

In reality it's "between zero and X slots", I've wasted at least an hour reloading quicksaves to fix loot. And even then it's ALWAYS one less mod than they should have for drops.
Dunno if crafted versions require you to savescum as well or work as they should. Could't be arsed to click on craft at least 700 times to level the skill. Seriously CDPR? No "craft X amount" button?:argh:

One less slot for drops seems closer to the truth, as I don't think I've ever found a green with a mod slot. In fact "Rares" with any mod slots seem very rare. And all purples seem to have 1.

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What people don't seem to understand is the importance of the spectacular and very public failure of Cyberpunk 2077.

Gaming is a big herd of sacred cows. There exists this unspoken rule that some companies/games are not to be criticized, least you incur the wrath of the gaming press or the rabid fanbase.

As an example, how many years did Bethesda get away with their overabundance of bugs, poor writing, lackluster gameplay and general lack of quality to their games? How many years have people just memed the glaring faults away and laughed at the bugs and called them a quirky part of the design?

And then came Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, and suddenly the faults were so obvious and numerous that no amount of intimidation and journalist spin could make it go away. The number of detractors dwarfing the rabid, vocal fanbase to such an extent that it suddenly became socially acceptable to mock Fallout 4 and 76, and by extension Bethesda and all their previous games.

Now, after the success of Witcher 2, and especially Witcher 3, CDPR was the golden Polish darling of gaming - delivering the kind of "deep" and "mature" storytelling that would validate the worthless existence of game journalists and finally put an end to the endless mockery they experience from family, friends, random strangers and pretty much every other human on the planet.

The fact CDPR games were mechanically subpar, buggy and half-finished didn't matter, because they produced a "mature cinematic experience" (read: post-modernist, nihilist filth designed to make you feel like shit) and thus ascended to the endless pastures of gaming's sacred cows and were thus exempt from criticism. They were also the "good guy devs", the people's publisher, the ones that took a stance against greed, lies and deceit - thus becoming haloed sacred cows.

But then Soyberpunk 2077 came along, and it was an undeniably shit game on every level, such that not even journalists could make the bad press go away, and it revealed CDPR to the public as (and this is the most important part) just another shitty publisher, perfectly capable of resorting to the underhanded kind of shit EA, Ubisoft and Activision do on a regular basis.

Now that they have been unceremoniously deposited outside the pearly gates it's hip and cool to shit on them, the spell is broken and they will never again win back that implicit trust. Whenever they try to hype up a new product there will always be a large number of people that will remind the rest of the NPCs about Cyberpunk and the broken promises and scummy behavior. This will forever remain a corrosive poison eating at their success.

And if you don't believe that this will impact their bottom line - just look at what a string of failures have done to Ubisoft. Few companies go bust overnight due to a single failure, it's usually a death by a thousand cuts that sees them slowly crumble from within. CDPR is no Activision or EA, they don't have a reliable money printing IP, they're no Ubisoft with a large number of franchises they can fall back on, they're not even a Rockstar that actually can deliver on their promises.

They're just a collective of underpaid Polish labor monkeys led by inept cretins. 2077 was their one-in-a-million chance to make it into the big leagues, and they thoroughly fucked it up in the most public way imaginable.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The most rational course is to upgrade a green weapon for better famage and disregard mods slots.
Gawd no. The amount of upgrade materials get so ridiculously high after a few clicks, it's simply not worth it.
On the other hand you could just buy the MaxDoc recipe for a whooping 50 eddies, craft tons of it... then disassemble it to get... better componenets back than invested? Ooooookay.

Or just ignore all that crap. Pick a gun you like and only replace it if a better version drops somewhere. If at all 10 dmg more per shot? Whatever, enemy's head do not care when they play popamole with you. :hahano:

I looted a golden nippon magnum from the animal womyn boss, and while I found much higher dmg stuff, that one with a silencer was enough to pop every head.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'm kinda attached to my Widow Maker, though. But its still rather good, multiple levels later.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh, and speaking of that animal womyn in Pacifica, she is the perfect example how this game was made to beeline through the mainquest without stopping:

Remember that Rouge Rogue wants 15k from you to continue? Guess how much bounty downing Sasquatch is worth. Exactly 15k. You can even collect twice by killing her after she is knocked out, because... reasons.
Das rite, no need to stop the mainquest to earn money kiddos, stay in the ride and buckuru upu! :takamura: :obviously:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

This was probably my number 1 QOL piss off, tbh. It's compounded by the fact that not only do you have to hold the button down, but you have to release it and push it down to start the next one which requires you to at least half ass pay attention to it even though it's tedious and time consuming. I actually found it a bit ridiculous since you basically need to upgrade components into higher quality components to do anything later, so when you start needing like 50-100 of something for a single upgrade level and you create one at a time...

What a bizarre and retarded design decision.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
cyberpunk2077screenshaakss.png

desktopscreenshot2021takju.png
She looks like she'll stab you, bite off your dick and burn down your house if you break up with her.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
She looks like she'll stab you, bite off your dick and burn down your house if you break up with her.
Y'know, that's pretty much the case for every strong womyn in the game as well. Guess that's a defining feature of being a modern strong womyn then?
Judy is a clingy stalker psycho drunk girlfriend, Panam would gut you with a rusty can opener and Rogue... I'd rather not try to imagine what Rogue would do. 70 years of experience...
Sad.

typical user

Arbiter
Kiroshi Mk3 which you can get from Viktor in Act 1 has 5000 E$ cost and allows you to put 3 mods into it. Viktor is also selling legendary Kiroshi mods which give +50% headshot increase. So you can get additional 150% more damage while clicking enemies' heads. You can get additional 50% from Cool skill-tree. First perk in Stealth tree increases damage from silenced weapons (or negates the penalty). Of course if you use cameras and ping quickhack you can just grab Nekomata and shoot people through walls.

Something tells me penetrating walls was supposed to be top-tier perk in Tech stat. Also I think the bullets should only go through limited seleciton of objects or 1 surface and not be a complete wallhack. How are you supposed to make multiplayer game when every Tech gun is OP by default? Same thing with auto-aim Smart weapons, you get an implant which unlocks this feature from Wakako Okada as part of Scav hunt main quest. On the other hand to get ricochet you need a Kiroshi mod which means you have to give up on +% crit chance or +%headshot damage. Also I think Ballistic Coprocessor / Subdermal Grip was supposed to be optional cyberware mod. The 2018 fake implied some weapons would have a biometric lock and you would need that implant to be able to shoot those.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom