Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Basics are necessary, unless one wants to discover the meaning of armor penalty or fixed number of APs already during the run.

I said it before and I will say it again: Underrail needs a manual, like Fallout or Arcanum did, shipped as PDF alongside the copy of the game.
What? Did you mean that Fallout 1 and 2 NEEDED a manual? I finished them on a pirated (Potato in the 90s) copy with zero spoilers and with mediocre knowledge of English. I'm not boasting, all the people I know played them like that. Those are very good games but they are on the easy side to be honest. If you didn't meant that then I am sorry for the rant.
Maybe I am too old school but I certainly don't feel that in the Internet age Underrail needs a manual. But it could give them a few additional sales I suppose.
OTOH, it's maybe better for most Codexers when indie studio NOT try to get any additional sales thanks to better accessibility of their games. That leads to hate stopping being ambitious indie studio - which leads to the dark side making mediocre games for casuals.

Yaz

Learned
Afaic, it should be low AP (DEX influenced)/low damage. I picture it as a legit primary weapon.

Look no further than the ''smart'' sub-category some games have.

It could even be a whole category of craftable weapons. The ''smart homing'' module which can be used on any firearm. Needs special ammunition, which are more expensive and/or harder to craft with their own unique part needed. Finally, to function it will require a cybernetic module installed in the body or a special head set which won't provide any other bonuses. And as much you'd hate me for it the cybernetic module will have a Psi malus because we're messing with the nervous system of the user. Lastly, because homing projectiles travel more slowly they will deal less damage because of the reduced velocity :)

I'd still like me a Rail-Gun, though :D

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Afaic, it should be low AP (DEX influenced)/low damage. I picture it as a legit primary weapon.

Not keen on the big move penalty. All this gun has going for it is its determinism, we should be careful about stripping that. If it does not have enough damage to take out the enemies (after the grenade, for example), then the player will obviously have to move. I would like it to play like the gun that it is in the following rounds too, unless we accept that the player will also need a different weapon in the other hand (but I do not think that this will be a good thing for the fun in the build).

Here is how I picture the fights to go with it:

See enemies. Check whether you can approach at optimal distance, whether you have enough damage to take them all down on 1st turn under ideal conditions, and whether you have enough MP to reach ideal conditions for all enemies in turn. If not, consider grenade and partial retreat plan or setting up far away and making them come at you. Throw grenade. Recalculate. If not enough damage, move back for plan B.

Sth like that.
Why making some 100% THC weapons when PSI already has 100% THC by default? You can't miss Neural Overload or Tele-Punch.

Better solution, in my opinion, is "can't miss that" status effect. When character skill is too high above the negative and defensive modifiers that it overcaps 95% by a significant amount, you get that status effect which - allows you not to miss. Investment should pay off.

Trashos

Arcane
Psi currently has 100% to hit, but damage is not fixed.

I think it should be a weapon and not psi. Such a weapon is supposed to need a lot of work from the player (to calculate all his options), and with psi there will always be a lot of lazier options to choose from. So I do not think that it will work as a psi ability.

Parabalus

Arcane
The 95% stuff is mostly noticeable when you kill yourself with your AoE, the occasional misses with a single-target weapon are fine.

Basics are necessary, unless one wants to discover the meaning of armor penalty or fixed number of APs already during the run.

I said it before and I will say it again: Underrail needs a manual, like Fallout or Arcanum did, shipped as PDF alongside the copy of the game.
What? Did you mean that Fallout 1 and 2 NEEDED a manual? I finished them on a pirated (Potato in the 90s) copy with zero spoilers and with mediocre knowledge of English. I'm not boasting, all the people I know played them like that. Those are very good games but they are on the easy side to be honest. If you didn't meant that then I am sorry for the rant.
Maybe I am too old school but I certainly don't feel that in the Internet age Underrail needs a manual. But it could give them a few additional sales I suppose.
OTOH, it's maybe better for most Codexers when indie studio NOT try to get any additional sales thanks to better accessibility of their games. That leads to hate stopping being ambitious indie studio - which leads to the dark side making mediocre games for casuals.

The wiki is much better than a manual could ever be.

But the wiki is also more necessary than the manual in F1&F2 since UR has actual combat mechanics.

Black Angel

Arcane
I still had couple of builds I planned that I haven't restored from memory, like a hit-n-run spear girl (inspired by Proxima Midnight), Roland of Gilead, tech-junkie etc etc,
Proxima (hit-n-run spear girl), Roland of Gilead, and Captain America has been restored

Proxima
https://underrail.info/build/?Hg4HC...pNBBksxAMKxwqZ44rOOAuKzmAXis6ID4rOkA-K3iQLfvw

Roland of Gilead (turns out I made this way back in 2018, before Expedition, huh?)
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUNB...kkFwE5HiZZLyhbM0tPOhHCs8Kk4pyaBeKftgXio6YF378

Captain America
https://underrail.info/build/?Hg4IB...AYHS8KCwqrCqyR8wrbCqeKhkAXisKQF4ra1AuK2tgPfvw
I've restored some more of my planned builds. Again, FYI these builds are made and planned with Normal difficulty in mind. Hence, no 70 points invested into TM.

Sekiro
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUQC...hJBE1EGS8KMwo1cwrPCheKgsgXiqLsD4rKJAuK0igXfvw

Battlemage
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMDA...sK9VylywrfCp8Kd4qK0AeKitQLio4gF4qyCBeKsgwLfvw

Maso-Psi
https://underrail.info/build/?HggDA...QqIWbChEXCvsK9KcK3wrvioYYE4qyCBeKsgwLisLkE378

All these builds were posted in this thread --> https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/a-good-beginners-guide-for-underrail.132497/

Initially, Battlemage and Maso-Psi were planned to be full PSI, but that was before the new PSI update. I've tweaked it and adjusted it accordingly to the best of my knowledge, both invested points into Psychokinesis, while Battlemage have Metathermics on the side, and Maso-Psi going Thought Control.

I also came up with a Tech Junkie build, something like this:
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMGB...wEWwpomwpEzS1opTUhdVsKkwrTiqJIF4qqUBeK0lAXfvw

And from that, I wanted to derive a Tech Survivalist, but somehow ended up with what looks like a full Throwing-focused build:
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQC...0WJkIOMBtRXj5NXXt2wrPio7AC4qOxBeKokgXiqLsD378

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I can't be fucked with the mutagen puzzle, or another dozen screen transitions to try killing Tchort with some extra drugs I stashed elsewhere, does anyone understand how to enable god mode using cheatengine?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's the best place to find Cyclon Crossbow parts, high quality? Don't think I've seen one my entire playthrough.

Parabalus

Arcane
I can't be fucked with the mutagen puzzle, or another dozen screen transitions to try killing Tchort with some extra drugs I stashed elsewhere, does anyone understand how to enable god mode using cheatengine?

Search underrail cheat engine and grab the premade table.

What's the table supposed to do? This is all I got from it.
Screenshot_117.png

just

Liturgist
the correct way is to restart as soon as you enter dc
your build is complete by then and you're on autopilot anyway
going through all that shit so i can oneshot tchort, no thank you

Sheepherder

Augur

View attachment 17196
It's this one. Use the newer version.
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=9441

View attachment 17196
It's this one. Use the newer version.
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=9441
Thanks, I tried that before, but what I didn't realise is my version of CheatEngine was very outdated. Working now! Now I can finally see the ending!

I just needed it to finally be over and to get my life back ok
250 hr for how much runs?
The latest 200 hours = 1 run including two abortive initial attempts, since i didn't remember some parts of the game from first playthrough a year before. If 200 is too high for 1 run then I probably left it alt-tabbed on several occasions.
Jeez, would you put in multiple runs in that time? Frankly I don't play rpgs more than 2, sometimes 3 times each.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The latest 200 hours = 1 run including two abortive initial attempts, since i didn't remember some parts of the game from first playthrough a year before. If 200 is too high for 1 run then I probably left it alt-tabbed on several occasions.
Jeez, would you put in multiple runs in that time? Frankly I don't play rpgs more than 2, sometimes 3 times each.
My longest run was around 140 hrs - Oddities and almost completionist; shortest like 100 hrs.

That's how many hours I have in dominions 5 (1900). Couldn't do it for an rpg where things are much more similar each time you play it, compared to a strategy game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom