Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics RAM Pressure - multiplayer nuXCOM clone

Lemming42

Arcane
For the love of God stop copying nuXCOM already

Serious question, how many nuXCOM clones can people list? I know it's not a great system and as JarlFrank says the AP mechanic is awful, but I really like nuXCOM and I'd like to play more games like it, but I can't really think of any other than Hard West which I wasn't a fan of.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
For the love of God stop copying nuXCOM already

Serious question, how many nuXCOM clones can people list? I know it's not a great system and as JarlFrank says the AP mechanic is awful, but I really like nuXCOM and I'd like to play more games like it, but I can't really think of any other than Hard West which I wasn't a fan of.
Halfway
Shock Tactics (not recommended)
Galaxy Squad
Depth of Extinction
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
Battletech may qualify because action system
SteamWorld Heist

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
D20 also uses a somewhat similar AP system, with 1 standard, 1 move action and 1 free action, that can be merged into a full action.

Norfleet

D20 also uses a somewhat similar AP system, with 1 standard, 1 move action and 1 free action, that can be merged into a full action.
I'm pretty sure that the free action is free and you can do as many of them as you like, otherwise they wouldn't be "free" actions. So you could both drop a held object and shout something, as both are free actions, and still move and attack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom